Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Traxistanian Constitution

Default Traxistanian Constitution

I've put a lot of thought into this ok people? (Yeah, sure he did. This is Ken's fault for asking Rick)

1. All you need for citizenship is to be hanging around in the general geographical area

2. The government of Free Traxistan will not impede on the rights of the citizens:

a) To express themselves freely. Say whatever you want to whoever you want, however, if you can't say it politely, someone might slap some manners into you.

b) To bear firearms. Period, nothing else needs to be said about that.

c) To worship however they see fit. Hopefully, those Traxifarians will sober up once in awhile and earn their keep.

d) To earn a living however you see fit, mostly cuz if you're planning on living off the government, well that ain't going to happen.

3. The government recognizes the following holidays:
    a) Bacon Fridays. Just take the day off and enjoy some bacon
    b) Trax's birthday. Just take the day off and enjoy some bacon
    c) Rick's birthday. Yep, you guessed it. Enjoy that bacon

4. Taxes. Heck no, I waste my own money, I'm pretty sure I'd just squander yours.

5. Health care? Well, might be a bad idea to get sick or hurt, cuz the government doesn't have any money.

6. Property rights? Finders keepers worked on the school ground when I was a kid, should work here. First come, first served. If it gets too crowded, though, you might want to think of sharing some space with your neighbors.

7. Hunting season. Opens January 1, closes December 31, just shoot for as many people as you're going to feed, cuz if you shoot more than that, it's going to be confiscated for someone who does need it.

8. People involved in the raising of pigs will be granted special status because dammit, we need that bacon. I'm not sure what that special status involves yet, but we'll work it out.

9. The currency of Free Traxistan is called barter. That way you don't need a bunch of paper floating around with my hideous mug on it, make the best deal you can with whoever you need to trade with, was good enough for my old man, it's good enough for us.
    10. Hassling or interfering with the work of the pygmies, the ninja squirrels or the Shetland ponies is a criminal offence. I gotta draw some lines somewhere.
    11. A hefty bonus portion of bacon and/or pulled pork (recipient's choice!) will be awarded by the government to anyone caught shooting evil-doers: child molestors, rapists, politicians, all count as evil-doers.
    12. There is one official language, that's English. I don't care if you use American, Canadian or even English English, but the official language is English, not French, not Spanish, sure as hell not Tarsi or Aramaic. Anyone who can help me brush up on my Cree lessons is definitely welcome at the official cabin I'll be using as headquarters.
    13. Anyone bribing me with gifts of Glenfiddich Scotch or Jameson's Irish, well, they'll probably get a pretty comfy government job. Bribes are always welcome. Why should I pretend to not be corrupt, it just slows down the process. Never trust any government that doesn't allow livestock on the public transit system.

This document is open to an exchange of ideas, and adaptations, but don't get it too complicated, I'll get a headache.
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Now if we could only get the rest of the world to adopt similar constitutions.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

Talking

I LOVE IT!

Trax, can I be appointed Vice President of Quality Control?

(If the job's already gone, I'll settle for just President or Attorney General)

Where do I send the scotch?
    Last edited by Ken; 05-20-2008 at 05:50 PM.
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

As Minister of Science (Trax said so nahney nahney boo boo) let it be known that I endorse said constitution. We shall hang together a side of bacon or surely we will hang separately. Helping each other, of course, is always best. I shall base my office on the words of William Bragg, Sr. (no relation to the Braggster that I know of):

"The important thing in science is not so much to obtain new facts as to discover new ways of thinking about them."

I shall be extremely busy thinking. If you see me just know I am thinking some great science thought. If you buy me a cup of coffee and a bacon sandwich I will think great science thoughts about you. If you give me a side of bacon I shall think great science thoughts about you and your entire family. I must go think now.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Southern WV , raised in Eastern KY up a holler

I can go along with that. Sure beats any other idea I've heard in 50yrs. BUT, I would like to reserve the right to brew my own emergency supply(for medicinal use only) of the white, soothing drink of my Appalachian ancestors.
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old
    to fight... he'll just kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ole WV Coot View Post
    I can go along with that. Sure beats any other idea I've heard in 50yrs. BUT, I would like to reserve the right to brew my own emergency supply(for medicinal use only) of the white, soothing drink of my Appalachian ancestors.
    heck coot, that could fall under the right to make a living any way you see fit category
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Banned
    Blog Entries

The currency could be "BACON".

And making fake Bacon bits, is a hanging offense......

Blog Entries

Smile

I know! I know! OH YES!

Trax, can I be the Minister of Bacon, too?
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Wait a minute! We won't have to learn Latin to get bacon if you hold that title will we. Pig Latin would be okay but not that old stuff.

Hey, Trax. Will the pig farmers have to learn Pig Latin?
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

Ex Post Facto; Ab Initio; Nunc Pro Tunc; Res Ipsa Loquitor; Ad Nauseum

the above will suffice.
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

That Loquitor stuff. That's tequila ain't it?

Blog Entries

If I get that VP job, AND THE BACON MINISTRY, it's anything you want it to be.
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

hahahaha.

this is possibly the most effective and simple government i've ever watched some people online come up with on a bulletin board...

do you need a 'Sub-Par Regent of Microbiology, Home Brewery, Mushroom Culture and Drinking of Stiff Ales' by chance? some blackberry and/or plum brandy aged a few weeks in my closet says you do...
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

just remember where i stand on the issues: a good stout should have the color and consistency of carbonated hershy's syrup.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by canid View Post
    do you need a 'Sub-Par Regent of Microbiology, Home Brewery, Mushroom Culture and Drinking of Stiff Ales' by chance? some blackberry and/or plum brandy aged a few weeks in my closet says you do...
    gets my vote.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

As Minister of Science, I do believe that department shall fall under my dominion. I think it incumbent upon me, as a servant of the people, to ensure the safety and good taste. Therefore, Canid and I will have to test each batch before mass production. Of course, our QA department will then need to be engaged prior to distribution. And fear not, I shall be thinking scientific thoughts throughout the process.

Scientific thoughts, huh? I think it's as much art as science, which is why Free Traxistan is a diverse land. As one who admires both the artistic and the scientific, I think I should be entitled to two (2) portions. IMHO.
    Not all who wander are lost - Tolkien

I'd like to be appointed the minister of Misinformation. thanks for your consideration
    The way of the canoe is the way of the wilderness and of a freedom almost forgotten- Sigurd Olson

Give me winter, give me dogs... you can keep the rest- Knud Rasmussen

Quote Originally Posted by canid View Post
    this is possibly the most effective and simple government i've ever watched some people online come up with on a bulletin board...
    oh yeah...your speaking the language
    The way of the canoe is the way of the wilderness and of a freedom almost forgotten- Sigurd Olson

Give me winter, give me dogs... you can keep the rest- Knud Rasmussen

Gee whiz you guys, remember what I said about keeping it simple? We can't have too much government, that's anathema to me! Here's what I suggest, y'all go ahead and pick a job and if your jobs overlap, hell work together! Specially if it means more bacon and booze for the citizenry. I can't risk getting that headache and heading for the Glenfiddich when I'm still workin' in someone else's office. Apparently, they frown on that sort of behavior (imagine)