Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bug bite Remedy

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Don't know it's the same thing....as I can't read the hand printed label.....but I have several different containers of "Bug Dope"....and a couple of salves, I the I have picked up from the "Magic Potion Lady" at the Farmer's market and craft fairs...

The labels were hand printed and when they are around awhile can't read them very well.

Many have witch hazel, aloe, beeswax citronella, camphor, other essentials oils and may others.....some of the same ingredients that are in the commercial offerings.

I would be willing to give it a try...but would not purchase those ingredients unless I knew it worked........LOL.

I will write those ingredients down and check with my potion lady....
    Please ellobrate those magic potion lady to those which are not get it correctly please (Y) Cheers I am just a stupid spammer and the link to diet pills has been removed.
    Last edited by crashdive123; 08-03-2018 at 06:54 AM.

And this came from within the country. There's a solid vote for open borders.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    And this came from within the country. There's a solid vote for open borders.
    It could be a native who learned grammar in a public school.
    "The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play." Capt. James T. Kirk

Something I've used that's been effective so far is peppermint oil to deter mosquitoes, flies, etc. Get it from Walgreens, Rite Aid, CVS, or any other local drug store and mix it with some olive oil to dilute it a bit (it's very strong and can cause irritation of the skin for some). Put it in a little spray bottle and spray all over. So far it's helped a lot for someone who used to be feasted on by mosquitoes. If you try it, be forewarned... you may end up smelling like Christmas the rest of the day.

This is a trick I learned in Vietnam for chigger bites. When the itching starts, look at the bite site. You will see a little blister/bubble. Take your finger nail and scrape the bubble away. Then apply directly to the wound site a dab of "Mc ILHEENNY'S TABASCO PEPPER SAUCE" Rub it in till the liquid evaporates. Pain will stop within 5 minutes. Then lick the bite site.

Quote Originally Posted by Boanerges View Post
    This is a trick I learned in Vietnam for chigger bites. When the itching starts, look at the bite site. You will see a little blister/bubble. Take your finger nail and scrape the bubble away. Then apply directly to the wound site a dab of "Mc ILHEENNY'S TABASCO PEPPER SAUCE" Rub it in till the liquid evaporates. Pain will stop within 5 minutes. Then lick the bite site.
    Most of the time I couldn't possibly reach chigger bites with my tongue. Some I wouldn't want to.

True but... a good spotter/partner will apply spit by hand, excluding the butt & groin areas. When the butt area gets invaded, all one can do is grin and bare the joys of the bush and state; " are we having fun yet."