Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bug bite Remedy

Quote Originally Posted by Antonyraison View Post
    useful survival tip for river crossings.
    haha!

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    WT...Dirt walls floors are muddy
    The way I'd do it, it'd be dry. That's another thing I'll never be able to show a vid of when that's the best way to demonstrate in here. Though I guess I could describe in words.

Quote Originally Posted by Batch View Post

Long pants and shirts sleeves help. But, its too danged hot down here for that and wet pant legs and shirt sleeves suck and I have been bitten through my shirt.
    Long pants and shirts can work, and still be cool. Even cooler than short pants and short sleeves. I once had a job where I was outside all day under the sun mid summer, every day, and same in winter. All year. Well, I did the research on it, and it includes long clothing everywhere, but also type of material and color. Dark not light, btw. People always thought I must be burning up, especially when it was 100 degrees all day. But I was the coolest one out there. Was quite comfortable in fact. However, what I wore wouldn't do well walking through much undergrowth.
    The pessimist complains about the wind;
    The optimist expects it to change;
    The realist adjusts the sails.

- William Arthur Ward

Sooo......Stopped in a couple local bait stores....as well as the small drug store....
    Both the kind of stores that have only one or two items in stock.....(most go to Walmart 15 miles away).

Figured maybe they had some old "New stock" Skeeter Sticks or After Bite.....Nope.

Lady at the drug store helped me look and was all the new style...
    So I asked it I could buy a syringe and needle....so I could fill my old applicators buck up....

You should have seen the faces of the store people....LOLOLOL

After convincing them what the purpose was ....that I wasn't a druggy (could have gone next door to the clinic...told them I was an addict ...they would give me a free needle...LOL)

Guy did sell me a syringe and needle for .26 cents.

Had some ammonia for cleaning...so mixed up an ounce...filled up the old applicator......
    We will see......
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Don't know it's the same thing....as I can't read the hand printed label.....but I have several different containers of "Bug Dope"....and a couple of salves, I the I have picked up from the "Magic Potion Lady" at the Farmer's market and craft fairs...

The labels were hand printed and when they are around awhile can't read them very well.

Many have witch hazel, aloe, beeswax citronella, camphor, other essentials oils and may others.....some of the same ingredients that are in the commercial offerings.

I would be willing to give it a try...but would not purchase those ingredients unless I knew it worked........LOL.

I will write those ingredients down and check with my potion lady....
    Lemongrass eo is another common "natural ingredient". If you do want to buy some, I suggest either "Majestic Mountain Sage" https://www.thesage.com or "Camden Grey" http://www.camdengrey.com/. I am not affiliated with either site.

Gotcha,....Thanks.

Bhohahaha....

THAT Sir, is most likely the funniest, truthful and relatable statement I have seen in looooog time...

You have just started my day off with a laugh......Thanks for that....
    Rep sent....aw crap...c an't till I spread it around....
    Someone rep this post please?
    hahah, Laughter is one of the best medicines. Honestly its likely why I am always wanted in a group survival situation..
    I have a very good sense of humor and always keeping the peeps smiling.
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

(BOSWA) ELITE SURVIVAL RANGER - BSR/16/05

I use deep woods off. I knew a guy that was driving through a field, got a flat tire and laid in the grass while changing the tire. Got chiggers so bad had to go to the hospital.

Hunter, I buy needles and syringes at Tractor Supply in the livestock health care section.
    A man full of grits is a man full of peace.

Yeah, thanks.....
    They have them at the hardware/feed store as well.....
    I guess the drug store people haven't been asked before....LOL

Usually those that ask at the drug store are rubbing their arm and sniffling and saying, "Come on, man. I reeeealllly need it, man." So you didn't fit the mold.

Well, I was kinda standing there... itching my....well itching...stuff....so maybe?

I hear ya.....and I always spray down...
    Gnats are bad as well.....so a lot for stuff get sprayed down.

Mosquitoes have not been bad....but lot a water standing around...so we will see.

Bush remedy is urine is useful..... for many things....but then again you smell like ...eh, Urine?

https://www.earthclinic.com/remedies/urine.html

Wanna know how to keep gnats out of your face Hunter?

Cut a hole in the seat of your briches!
    Sir Knife Collectin, Rocket Ridin, Girl Crazy Post
    Hoe of WSF

Really?.....Have to go try it....Thanks.....LOL

Hunter is right! What the hell happened? ( I think GOVT REGULATION)- he forgot "Sting Eze" that was full of Ammonia and worked. No longer offered.

Well here is a thread about what works and crap that will waste your time or your money belt or purse.

Forget about avoidance of yellow jackets sting and sting again... and they LOVE being on the trail with nests. What is your plan the next CVS or Walgreens... last I looked they do not appear to be on the AT.... So what to do?

Part of this is I wear a full Honey Bee suit and I still get stung thru the suit on my back and ankles. Tonight I am nursing 8-15 bites on one ankle as I got Ketone tagged by the Yellow Jackets, the equivalent of Pheromone to kill this idiot in a bee suit. On the trail... you may be the victim, what do you do?

I already know the answer ... but there clearly isn't a totally correct answer. Even your Pharmacist will be clueless.

Next post- some better ideas.
    “There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag … We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language … and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

No matter what we use for ticks and chiggers, I have to search the girls for chiggers, don't want those chiggers on my girls.......LOL
    Sir Knife Collectin, Rocket Ridin, Girl Crazy Post
    Hoe of WSF

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthang View Post
    No matter what we use for ticks and chiggers, I have to search the girls for chiggers, don't want those chiggers on my girls.......LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthang View Post
    ... I have to search the girls for chiggers...
    Sounds like a business opportunity.

I can see the sign now: "CHIGGER INFESTATION AREA! I'll search you for chiggers for only $10"

Your first customer is here...

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Rick you have to have a really warped mind to know where to find these pictures!
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

And for only $10. A good businessman would have a price scale. I'm thinking some may go as high as $1000.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

You know, I was thinking. That's a lot of sand.

You guys must be old.

The money wasn't really the point.

;o)

I guess the old "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone" doesn't hold anymore, either.

Maybe not such a good idea after all.