Thread: Hogzilla show on Animal Planit

Tool & Die Maker

Default Hogzilla show on Animal Planit

I wake up at 2:30 AM, turn on my laptop and the TV. A show called Hogzilla is playing on the Animal Planet station. I had know idea wild hogs were aggressive and capable of attacks on humans. It appears the larger the hog the more prone to aggressive behavior. Learned a few things watching the show.

I think the 1911 45 I bought last week will be going hog hunting and the .380 will remain at the RV next winter.

I'm trying to figure out if this hunter is using an AR-10 or AR-15 to hunt this 600 lb hog but he did use night vision. He killed the hog and I was surprised he and his family ate the huge hog. I figured a 600 lb hog would be gamey.

I'm kinda glad my wife didn't see this show..........
    Last edited by jim Glass; 06-14-2017 at 04:13 AM.

I have hunted hogs all of my life and I not going to say that they can't be dangerous but I have taken them with 22 atlatl spear knife shot gun rifle pistol bow and even drowned one they don't go out hunting people but when they get in trapper with no way out they can be bad news the big hogs will stand and fight because when they run they tire a lot faster.

Tool & Die Maker

That's interesting Bishop. I have heard wounded hogs may attack people, probably for the same reason. Sounds like you're an experienced hog hunter.

By the way, welcome to the forum. Where in Florida are you? I winter and hog hunt in Homosassa Florida.

Cedar key about a hour north west or just west if you go by boat from homosassa

Tool & Die Maker

Been there, know exactly where it is and we ate at Tony's. Rumor has it that area has stellar hog hunting. I contacted some private land owners for permission to hunt their property, never heard back. Are y ou familiar with Tiger Island Outfitters?

A buddy and myself drove some back roads trying to find Tiger Island in the Cedar Key area. It was definitely "Back Woods". People living back there to. Interesting though, the school buses won't go down some of those roads so the parents walk the kids or drive them to the paved roads for bus access. I wonder how safe we were wandering around back in there with an Illinois license plate on a Ford Focus. Did run into a woman walking a cat to the road to meet the kids. She claimed to be harmless but her husband was hostile. She claimed it would take hours for the police to respond to a call to that area so they defend themselves.

I love it down there.
    Last edited by jim Glass; 06-14-2017 at 02:01 PM.

Oh yeah good hunting I used to belong to one of the biggest hunting clubs but got out they started going up on the price every year so o got out. tiger island is out on 347 but they have lower swannee management area it's has more hogs than you care to see also devil hammock has good hunting and Goethe

Some places are better than others when you get out around cedar key not all but a lot of people want to know what your doing and a out of state tag will get ? Most times also cedar key scrubs is a hog heaven.