Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alone Season 4 or should i say Not So Alone ;) Season 4

Makery and Mischief

Default Alone Season 4 or should i say Not So Alone ;) Season 4

Hear we go again but the rules have changed its family partner groups this time. Its back in Vancouver island again and looks to be interesting with this new dynamics. I like the idea. It will provide a good comparison to Measure the first three season against. I personally think the hardest part is missing my family while i am gone but the alone factor is not what drives the persons ability to survive the longest. So I'm thinking it will actually be harder for 2 people to survive longer then on under the circumstances. Not to mention it can be hard to work together when you are tired and hungry. I don't know about you but i wouldn't last a week with my brother. What do you guys think?

video Link >https://youtu.be/ZmNYXwA7jKc?list=PL...ot6QN1_VBlcMP1
    Attached Images Attached Images

This should be interesting. While it is clear that all of the participants missed loved ones and some so much that they ended their adventure early.....it will be interesting to see how that dynamic changes with a loved one there. Do they end their adventure due to a struggling loved one? It will be interesting.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

This totally changes everything. The show was about being Alone, not really on wilderness survival. I know personally, that I am different mentally when I am alone, as apposed to with other people. I don't like a LOT of people, but I like a small group. And, when I am in predator country, I feel more comfortable with others around.
    The first part of the original show was people quitting because of the presence of predators. Being alone heightened the fear. The second half of the show was just seeing how long they could last without people contact. By adding a family member (or friend), you take those two things away. What you are left with is just conflict resolution. I wonder if a dog counts as another person?
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

Makery and Mischief

No dogs unless you can prove its your half brother LOL. But it has been brought up to producers about a man and his companion series witch would be cool. You guys ever see that show a year in the Tigra (probly not spelling it right ) The Russian Trappeur guy had a dog and was very good at working him to get him food.

Well, if you met my brother....

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Didn't they try this in the Andes Mountains and half the cast ate the other half of the cast?

I only made it 10 minutes into the first segment and changed channels. They should add a third member to the teams and possibly change the name of the show to The Three Stooges.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

I would rather be alone! For me it just works better in a situation like getting by in the woods, finding food, and keeping on track. But then I do well alone and without people, that's why I go to the woods in the first place!
    Sir Knife Collectin, Rocket Ridin, Girl Crazy Post
    Hoe of WSF

Why don't they do a show of 6 old geezers at the Golden Corral? Two of us get lost just trying to find our way to the ice cream machine.

Wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They've got an ice cream machine?!?!?!?!?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Why don't they do a show of 6 old geezers at the Golden Corral? Two of us get lost just trying to find our way to the ice cream machine.
    You want to see a real foraging behavior pattern, just move the roast beef from its normal location. The guys on canes fan out first, sound the signal when they find it and a heard of people on walkers follow.

A few weeks back the icecream machine broke at our local GC. A long line formed due to the inability of a senior citizen to take anyone's word for anything. No one seemed to believe the sign on the machine. These are people that grew up during the depression and someone might put that sign there to keep all the icecream for themselves. Greatest Generation my sweet @$$ .

In turn, each person approached the machine, pulled the lever, announced the device was broken and walked away. Must have been 25 people in that line, half of them on mobility devices, walkers or canes.

The really amazing ones are those on oxygen. They come in dragging the bottle, drape the tubes over their ears to get them out of the way, eat like they were starving, sit there looking like they are on their last breath (which they could be), then rip off the nose tube as they walk out the door so then can smoke a cigarette!
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 06-14-2017 at 12:11 PM.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

The older I get the more people get on my nerves.
    It is good to have someone to call 911

See thread..
    http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...st-checking-in
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Alone, but with someone else? Maybe they should have spun off another franchise and kept this one true to its name. Seems like a poorly conceived plan to me.

I did notice a few more youtubers among the group; Josh and Brad Richardson (American Wilderness) and Chris Wilkes (Chris Wilkes Survival). Wonder why the bio's never list that.

I noticed this in the equipment list...

1 Ferro Rod (must not be longer than 6in, and must have plastic handle)

Who makes a 6" ferro rod with a plastic handle? What kind of dumb requirement is that?

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They've got an ice cream machine?!?!?!?!?
    That is the only thing my kids eat there. Well, except now my 14 year old son pounds the chicken legs. He will put down about 10 or so then head over to the ice cream.

Quote Originally Posted by theJman View Post
    Alone, but with someone else? Maybe they should have spun off another franchise and kept this one true to its name. Seems like a poorly conceived plan to me.

I did notice a few more youtubers among the group; Josh and Brad Richardson (American Wilderness) and Chris Wilkes (Chris Wilkes Survival). Wonder why the bio's never list that.

Who makes a 6" ferro rod with a plastic handle? What kind of dumb requirement is that?
    You can find 6" ones all day long. http://firesteel.com/firesteel-bunker-6-0/

If they are restricting size, they should also restrict the diameter. The plastic handle is probably so you don't use a handle with flammable material, like fatwood or magnesium. I think the producers are learning.

Quote Originally Posted by theJman View Post

I guess making You tubes doesn't help you in the real world......Josh and Brad Richardson didn't make it a day....
    Whoops.

So would you buy stuff from these three?
    Last edited by hunter63; 06-16-2017 at 10:57 AM.

I feel that having one other person along, if not a few, greatly increases survival chances...except that among all of the things that we'd say are necessary to have or do a certain way, at the very top of my list is that the people have the right attitude and ability to work together and communicate. If that one thing isn't there, you're in trouble no matter what you have or how you do things otherwise.
    The pessimist complains about the wind;
    The optimist expects it to change;
    The realist adjusts the sails.

- William Arthur Ward

For the young man that tapped - kind of knew he wasn't going to make it. I mean if the premise is to drop them about 10 miles apart where one sets up base camp and the other makes his/her way to the first....... Well when the first hikes a few hours from the drop off point (to where the second has only a compass bearing to find it) failure seemed to be in the cards. Mechanical injury can happen to anybody, especially when you think you are invincible.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Makery and Mischief

Waw tough crowd its not that bad in fact i like it. Jami and i watched hears our reaction Video Link>>>https://youtu.be/z2KlrhrtgSQ?list=PL...ot6QN1_VBlcMP1 I think it has potential to be very interesting and if they can just find each other without getting eaten. What a miserable hike they have to make. Of course I said that to EJ Of naked and afraid when I saw him last week At the blade show And he just laughed at me And said "At least they don't have to do it naked"

Makery and Mischief

Just finished my review of episode 2 if anyone is interested

screwed up somting itn the video will repost when it is fixed
    Last edited by Zachary Fowler; 08-02-2017 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachary Fowler View Post
    Just finished my review of episode 2 if anyone is interested

https://youtu.be/ENRfTbi3ZEk?list=PL...ot6QN1_VBlcMP1
    Have been following.
    Cool stuff....well done....Enjoyed it .

Thanks for posting...