Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alone Season 4 or should i say Not So Alone ;) Season 4

Quote Originally Posted by jpqs View Post
    I've done that, but with a canoe, rations, and my girlfriend. There was no half million dollars and opportunity to boost a career in the field though. Maybe next year I'll go with an INCH bag and spend 2-3 months. I would make a video I think.
    How long did you spend last time? Where did you stay? If you give me a canoe full of gear and rations and a person I don't dislike at the time. It is not me living the concept of that show.

The show isn't a survival show it is a matter of will. You see folks talk themselves into leaving until one person is left. I have witness as many as 90 percent of the participants leave before they declared a winner on past seasons. I would defer to someone with better rythmaticin skills than I. But, that seems real close to a majority of the folks that get on this show lose...

As much as I may think I would like to do alone, And I would really love to...
    People may not realise the type of commitments you may have to make, and I think Fowler can shed some light.
    But basically I believe you need to give up your normal life for likely easy 4 - 6 months
    IE your JOB, your family, etc.
    The show from what I understand has a lot of behind the scenes stuff we dont really know about,
    They I believe would have to take the Participants (if you selected) beforehand, long before you actually start and basically give them courses on Camera work, and how to operate said cameras, safety inductions,etc.. and likely regardless of their skill ( i say likely) still go over many basics on survival and other things..
    these behind the scenes stuff could likely take a month to two, and because they dont know how long you be out, well you kinda probably have to sign off a waiver or contract for at least another 3 months I guess..

So yeah thats a lot of time, that I will be out of work, i can't just take my regular vacation leave from work (thats only maybe 21 days a year) and I will not be earning any money, I have a mortgage a family, bills etc. what about all those concerns, whilst I am out there trying to surivive (or perhaps having a blast, who knows) my family is not doing great at home and not making it.
    That is a lot of considerations...
    that being said, I do get out , at least 4 or more times a year for days on end even up to a week and just Do my own things ( i get the leave , i get money still, I make my own videos, and I do it in the remote areas of southern africa, sometimes with the school I am with sometimes with friends, and sometimes I camp with the lady of my life)
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

(BOSWA) ELITE SURVIVAL RANGER - BSR/16/05

Makery and Mischief

Better late then never, been busy this week but hear it is episode 3 review

Video Link>>https://youtu.be/wlJ8dwDRG0I?list=PL...ot6QN1_VBlcMP1
    Attached Images Attached Images

We stayed 6 months in the boreal forest. 1250 kcal per person per day. Not enough to keep us going on rations alone, but enough to get us very motivated to forage for food. It wasn't a "camping trip". It was very tough, and awesome. We were there to learn about self sustenance, ourselves, and the world. We were definitely much more qualified before the trip than 70% of the participants for Alone, but it's because we have university degrees in outdoor leadership, have wilderness first responder certifications, and have done a few remote wilderness trips. We planned and executed everything ourselves. One day I fainted twice and landed with my face on a rock. It was a very hot day and we had not had a fish for a week. We did the trip in a very minimalist way. We probably had the roughly the same amount of gear than the participants of Alone when you include all their "safety" equipment. Minus the rations of course. You can read about our experience in my website. I'm not saying that it is exactly as what Alone participants did, but it is super transferable. It would give us a huge advantage if we were to compete in Alone, for we've already gone through isolation and got our taste of semi starvation.
    http://SurvivalSkills.Guide for Long Term Wilderness Survival

Thank you Fowler for the link.. looks like an amazing series! I have seen the video and left comment.
    Looking forward to more!
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

(BOSWA) ELITE SURVIVAL RANGER - BSR/16/05

Makery and Mischief

Here it is Just finished the review of episode 4 Jami and I didOn Thursday. This one turned out pretty good of course it was easy because there's a lot ofCool stuff going on the show this time. It really hit me pretty heavy watching Brooke And your husband Meet up. That day Jami showed up , Sneaking up behind me telling me i could come home Heavy stuff heavy stuff.
    Video Link
    https://youtu.be/WASzxIWS9Bk?list=PL...ot6QN1_VBlcMP1

Makery and Mischief

Ya you have to be prepared to go for a year even though i dont think it will ever go longer then 100 days some day

Makery and Mischief

Sorry any Alone season 4 Contestants in advance " The Fowler's Harsh Criticism Reaction to ALONE S04 E05"
    Video Link>> https://youtu.be/kdgLJa-8lSs?list=PL...ot6QN1_VBlcMP1

I'm so disappointed in this season Alone show. I have been a pretty big fan of all 3 seasons because I love the idea of a person surviving alone, trying to outlast the other survivalists. I am not a fan of group dynamics. That's why I don't like naked and afraid. I can't stand drama which usually comes from group dynamics. I watch survival shows to see skills being display and how one copes with being alone and having to rely on nobody but themselves. That's why I was immediately drawn to the show "ALONE" when it first came out. Now I feel it has lost it's way with this couple contest. I hope next season they return the show back to the original concept and the only change I would have like to see would be to drop from 10 items to 5 items. Less items would have made the show more interesting. Anyways, I'm not going to participate in discussion on this season since it not my cup of tea. It's sad because I was so looking forward to season 4. Oh well... I guess a good thing just never last.

Caught the episode last night.... Brooke & Dave Whipple completed their shelter... vertical log cabin with tarp roof.
    Stone fireplace open to the inside...with a Tipi chimney.....
    One of better shelters I have seen.

Only pic I could find.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Last edited by hunter63; 07-28-2017 at 01:02 PM.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Caught the episode last night.... Brooke & Dave Whipple completed their shelter... vertical log cabin with tarp roof.
    Stone fireplace open to the inside...with a Tipi chimney.....
    One of better shelters I have seen.

Only pic I could find.

Thanks for the pic. I watch Life Below Zero at that time and watch Alone on On Demand the following day. I would love to add a comment about the shelters this years players are doing.

First off, I knew that thw married couple would do extremely well compared to others. The two brothers that tapped out last week after the rain storm had the most piss poor shelter I have ever seen. With the torrential rains they had, their sleeping bags and equipment were getting soaked from the run off.

No wonder they tapped. The one brother did not want to quit but his brother wanted to tap out so he gave in being a big brother I guess.

But this shelter the couple have is going to be key in their success this season. I knew she is the strong player of the team by the work she did while her husband was still making his way to the camp. She had an awesome shelter built by the time he arrived. The brothers that tapped had a shyt-hole for shelter.

Their cabin reminds me of a "Shabang".......Civil war camp shelter.

Their is more a cabin......than this....

Makery and Mischief

Fowler and the Cormorant's Reaction to ALONE S04 E07 (History's Alone Season 4 Episode 7)

Video messed up will post agian when fixed
    Last edited by Zachary Fowler; 08-02-2017 at 11:41 AM.

Thanks....will check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Batch View Post
    How long did you spend last time? Where did you stay? If you give me a canoe full of gear and rations and a person I don't dislike at the time. It is not me living the concept of that show.

The show isn't a survival show it is a matter of will. You see folks talk themselves into leaving until one person is left. I have witness as many as 90 percent of the participants leave before they declared a winner on past seasons. I would defer to someone with better rythmaticin skills than I. But, that seems real close to a majority of the folks that get on this show lose...
    LOL
    I would guess it more like 99%...as there is only one winner, on person (or team) per season.....they won because all of the rest quit.

Makery and Mischief

Fowler and the Cormorant's Reaction to ALONE S04 E07 (History's Alone Season 4 Episode 7)

Video Link>>https://youtu.be/2qTfAbC5ckI?list=PL...ot6QN1_VBlcMP1

Quote Originally Posted by Antonyraison View Post
    As much as I may think I would like to do alone, And I would really love to...
    People may not realise the type of commitments you may have to make, and I think Fowler can shed some light.
    But basically I believe you need to give up your normal life for likely easy 4 - 6 months
    IE your JOB, your family, etc.
    The show from what I understand has a lot of behind the scenes stuff we dont really know about,
    They I believe would have to take the Participants (if you selected) beforehand, long before you actually start and basically give them courses on Camera work, and how to operate said cameras, safety inductions,etc.. and likely regardless of their skill ( i say likely) still go over many basics on survival and other things..
    these behind the scenes stuff could likely take a month to two, and because they dont know how long you be out, well you kinda probably have to sign off a waiver or contract for at least another 3 months I guess..

So yeah thats a lot of time, that I will be out of work, i can't just take my regular vacation leave from work (thats only maybe 21 days a year) and I will not be earning any money, I have a mortgage a family, bills etc. what about all those concerns, whilst I am out there trying to surivive (or perhaps having a blast, who knows) my family is not doing great at home and not making it.
    That is a lot of considerations...
    that being said, I do get out , at least 4 or more times a year for days on end even up to a week and just Do my own things ( i get the leave , i get money still, I make my own videos, and I do it in the remote areas of southern africa, sometimes with the school I am with sometimes with friends, and sometimes I camp with the lady of my life)
    where do you get 4=6 months? It will never go 3 months on vancouver, guaranteed. The weather there, at that time of year, is just too nasty, and they will never again choose more than 1 person who's got a clue how to do this.

Carleigh had not quit. They forced her to leave.

Elaborate shelters dont feed you. You have to get food, or you wont last long. The weather on Vancouver really sucks at that time of year. The show is killing itself with all the bs intended to keep this season under 30 days, real time. They tried so hard to give the win to a woman last year, that it's virtually guaranteed to go to the Whipples this year. The married couple doesn't have to split the prize, while all the other teams do. So the Whipples have twice as much incentive to win, and they know how to get along in the bush, which the others do not.
    Last edited by jayd; 08-04-2017 at 12:45 AM.

[QUOTE=jpqs;502415]We stayed 6 months in the boreal forest. 1250 kcal per person per day. Not enough to keep us going on rations alone, but enough to get us very motivated to forage for food. It wasn't a "camping trip". It was very tough, and awesome. We were there to learn about self sustenance, ourselves, and the world. We were definitely much more qualified before the trip than 70% of the participants for Alone, but it's because we have university degrees in outdoor leadership, have wilderness first responder certifications, and have done a few remote wilderness trips. We planned and executed everything ourselves. One day I fainted twice and landed with my face on a rock. It was a very hot day and we had not had a fish for a week. We did the trip in a very minimalist way. We probably had the roughly the same amount of gear than the participants of Alone when you include all their "safety" equipment. Minus the rations of course. You can read about our experience in my website. I'm not saying that it is exactly as what Alone participants did, but it is super transferable. It would give us a huge advantage if we were to compete in Alone, for we've already gone through isolation and got our taste of semi starvation.[/QUOTE

Fowler averaged 400 calories per day, not 1250. That difference will take you out in short order. He lost 70 lbs in 87 days. Have you got 70 lbs to spare?

Sorry to see the husband/wife team tap out last night. I thought with that awesome shelter they could go all the way.

Since they are gone I will have to cheer on the father/son team.

Nobody doing well on caloric intake. Fishing is tough for sure.

Since all the Alone shows have taken place right on the water, whether fresh or salt, why isn't a rod and reel considered as one of the items?

Do producers think that is cheating?

Basically, the show is turning into a hunger fest. A hunger game to see who can starve and live the longest.