Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: suggestions for 3.5 inch max length EDC folder

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

OK, if we are playing who has the biggest pocket knife then you win.

Which pocket do you carry that thing in? Back, front, shirt??

In fact, I am not allowed to pick anything that heavy up for a couple more weeks!
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Yeah, stays in that case....Ducks Unlimited Bucket Raffle prize....
    Kinda of hard to "just whip it out....and scare dock workers"

So....I just drag it out for the "Mine is bigger than yours" occasions.

Come to think of it ...a lot of silly stuff come home with me form these events.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Hahaha! I guess I am a liberal snowflake, at least by WSF standards, so I take no offense.

Probably more like a liberal tootsie pop. You won't melt because of your hard outer shell.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

You can found the ideal on the next site:

WILDERNESS-SURVIVAL.NET

YEAH, NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' ABOUT.
    Last edited by Rick; 02-29-2020 at 02:05 PM. Reason: REPLACED THE SPAMMER'S SITE WITH A GOOD ONE.

Hunter-Gatherer/Reenactor BushCraftPilot's Avatar

Camillus makes decent pocket knives. My personal favorite is the Rage, which is about $20 on their website.

Hunter-Gatherer/Reenactor BushCraftPilot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kildar View Post
    actually i gave up on this hostile forum of trolls and children who cant show proper respect for any one having found much better forums pretty sad that you go straight to childish insults. P.S. only reason I ended up back here was because of Stubleupon stumbled on in. you all sound like liberal snowflakes projecting your personal issues onto others.
    dude dont frig out man. you joined and you didn't have to respond to that.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

BCP, Kildar has not been here since 2017. He registered and made 32 posts, got mad because we would not declare him God, and removed his presence.

There are some folks out there that will gladly declare you a childish troll if you do not agree with them instantly and mechanically.

He was a wonder boy that came here to save us because he knew everything there was to know and we were all ignorant hicks. They usually do not stay long and he lasted 4 months, which was longer than most back then.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Well, I am not gonna dump on a guy that cannot defend himself, ( even if he was a !@!# or not) but I cannot resist talking about knives so I will go with that, for anyone that cares to read:

Buying a knife is a very personal thing. The type of point, grind, thickness, blade length, metal, whether a folder or fixed blade, and what the knifes intended purpose is, and what state you live in, all weighs in on the type of knife a person buys.

Some states like the one I live in, NY, have very strict knife laws. Ma for example max blade length is 2.5 inches, less you are coming to or from work that requires you to use a knife. This is worth mentioning for those that travel out of their home state to go to work, best to check the state laws of all the states you will be driving through.

In NYC and all of its 5 boroughs for example, the max blade length is 3.5 inches for folders & 4 inches for fixed blade knives.

So in NYC for a Bushcraft knife (as an example), one would consider a flat or Scandinavian grind, drop point, 0.2-0.25 inch thickness, 2.5- 4 inch fixed blade, Metal alloy needs to be very strong and not brittle.

A note to readers (this is for those that do not already know this, this is NOT intended for those that have seen combat or are Bushman, etc.) There is a major difference between a Bushcraft knife, and a combat knife. Also all Bushcraft knifes are survival knives but not all survival knives are Bushcraft knives.

So realize that what you are using your knife for is very relevant when you are looking to buy a knife.

With regard to those that posted "you should go to Budk.com to buy your knife"
    Ok, so yea I get the Budk magazine, and yes i have a few canteens and forever matches and a Gil Hibben Sidewinder knife from them (just wanted to have one Gil Hibben knife in my collection) But Budk really is not the "Go to: solution when looking to buy a knife. Lot of their knives are gimmick knives, fantasy, movie reproductions, etc.

Under Budk.com's Bushcraft knives list , they list only 12 knives in total, of which only 5 could even be considered a Bushcraft knife, ( less you count 2 of their mora like knives) and for some reason they don't even list the Ka-Bar BK2 Companion as one of them, despite selling them. You are better off going to Amazon.com and hand picking from brands like: Spyderco, Buck, Benchmade, Schrade, TOPs, Condor, Orela, Ka-Bar, Kershaw, CRKT, Coldsteel, & Boker.

For multitools: Leatherman, Victorinox

Personally, and I will reiterate, this is my personally opinion, I do not recommend folders.
    Last edited by Michael aka Mac; 02-15-2022 at 03:18 PM.

Or save your money and get a Mora.

I was never a fan of the Mora or Wahoo killer knives. Majority of the ones i saw were not full tang, and the blades are much thinner then I am use to.

They do seem to be popular though with some Bushcraft & primitive survivalists & enthusiasts, Cody Lundin for example. But after carrying much heavier & thicker knives like the Condor Rodan or the Ka-Bar BK2, those lighter knives like the Mora just feel off when using to me.

Anyone know which Mora knife is a full tang? and what the thickest Mora blade is?

The Garberg is the only full tang Mora and the thickest blade. That thick blade comes at a cost though. It's too thick for a true Scandi grind. Instead, they use what's termed a modified Scandi grind which is actually a Saber grind.

THX Rick I am horrible with names I kept on searching for Mora Gerber these past few years lol, as for some reason that is what i thought it was called.

It was the only Mora knife that I have considered getting back when I was shopping for a new knife.

thx again Rick for the info