Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would Like Your Prayers

Quote Originally Posted by 1stimestar View Post
    I'm really sorry to hear this. One bit of advice that is VERY important. Allow her to grieve like any widow. It doesn't matter if he was an asshole. It doesn't matter if they were separated. It doesn't matter if he did it to himself. She needs to be allowed to grieve all the things that are now no longer possible, the passing of the father he could have been to their child, and the good times they must have had at one point.
    Wise words....Thanks....
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I agree 1st. There is a lot of anger there but I told her that anger comes from passion and she needed to give herself time.

Rick these are difficult times... I wish your extended family the best. I too am dealing with my dad who is about to enter Hospice next week at the age of 79. Just like me I hope you do your best, there are no right words, just actions.
    “There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag … We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language … and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

The Keweenaw Peninsula of upper Michigan, about the middle of the south shore of Lake Superior

Rick, You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers . Remember, God does not give us more than He believes we can handle.
    Geezer Squad #2

prayers to you and your family rick sorry.
    coyotes listen to them, like children of the night what music they make.

Sorry to hear this ! Prayers sent !
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Belated, heartfelt condolences to you and your family, Rick, so sorry you all are going through it.
    I will pray that in time, happy, shared memories lighten your burden of loss.

Rick, just saw this. So very sorry for your family. You and your whole family have had a rough 24 months. Prayers inbound and continuing.
    But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. Joshua 24:15

My thoughts are with you and your family Rick.
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

(BOSWA) ELITE SURVIVAL RANGER - BSR/16/05