Thread: You Tube Stunt Goes Wrong....

Default You Tube Stunt Goes Wrong....

Don't even know what to say.....except...How freaking stupid can you be?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/29/u...minnesota.html
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I'd say this contestant won his Darwin Award.
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

Oh, saw that. Oh, sure, baby. It worked just fine....once. What can go wrong? Dude, test, test some more, then test some more, then forget the whole idea. Give me a break.

Or in other words......

I am so stupid.
    How stupid are you?
    Well, here. Hold my beer and I'll show you.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

site will not work for me.

Oh well,

I have see some real crazy gun stuff on You-tube.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Last edited by hunter63; 07-05-2017 at 11:41 PM.

You can't fix stupid.

1.5" book And a Desert Eagle that's one great big ol' pistol. I mean .50 caliber made by bad *** Hebrews. And them poor kids give 'em a little bit o' Benadryl and a cherry coke. We're going to have us a time.

Sad that the girl's kids are going to pay and the report says the cops have him begging her to try the stunt. Stupid and sad for all involved...

Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    I'd say this contestant won his Darwin Award.
    Nope. A Darwin Award goes out to people who's stupidity remove them from the gene pool before they can reproduce. IIRC they have one kid already and the woman is pregnant with his child now.

It's hard to wrap my mind around the level of stupidity required to attempt a stunt like this. In the first place they were obviously both ignorant of firearms. I see now that she's been charged with 2nd degree manslaughter; maybe I'm crazy but I don't think that's warranted. Certainly the fact that a man died means that some charges have to be filed but my gut feeling is that he was 95% to blame for it. Almost certainly he badgered her into it and convinced her that it was safe. She's just a kid herself and likely relied on his "expertise" to assure her it would be safe. In my mind she's guilty of bad judgement, gullibility and questionable wisdom in selecting her men but those aren't criminal.

Tool & Die Maker

I copied the address to GOOGLE and it came right up.

Young people today don't seem to have survival instincts. I remember hearing years ago an armed robber came into a store, fired a handgun, the handgun failed to discharge. Next, the fool looks down the barrel and pulls the trigger again, it went off that time.

This is pretty stupid, or pretty desperate,
    from what I understand they where just looking for that "fame" a youtube following, money.
    It just seems like they where willing to go to extreme lengths for that approval and recognition.
    It is just a sad state of affairs of the younger people of today that dont feel their life is valid or validated unless they get X amount of likes and X amount of followers, etc.

the irony of all this, is becareful what you wish for,
    This story has generated exactly the kinds of attention they probably wanted, but not in a way they may have liked.
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

(BOSWA) ELITE SURVIVAL RANGER - BSR/16/05

Sad story. Obviously they had little to no firearms experience. I would have thought that involuntary manslaughter would have been the charge, and will probably be included as one of the lesser charges if the case ever goes to trial.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Apparently you can fix stupid. Just hand someone a .50 Desert Eagle and a book.

You wonder if his last thought was...oh, ship.

**“I really have no idea what they were thinking,” Sheriff Jeremy Thornton of Norman County said in a telephone interview late Wednesday.**

It is apparent that there was not a lot of thinking involved here.

I agree with Phaedrus that she shouldn't be charged with manslaughter. This will be on her for the rest of her life, and it sure sounds like it was 100% his fault, even though she pulled the trigger, and I'm not a lib who always thinks that everything is someone else's fault.

Yeah, but you may have been sipping the shine that came out of the apparatus in your avatar.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Apparently you can fix stupid. Just hand someone a .50 Desert Eagle and a book.

You wonder if his last thought was...oh, ship.
    I don't think he had a "last thought" of that nature.

When a .50 DE slug passes through your body and plasters small fragments of your heart, lungs and spine onto the wall behind you your brain pretty much stops instantly and you are dead before you begin the falling process.

The next thing we will probably hear is that the family has sued the firearms company for not having proper safety instructions printed on the firearm.

I think it was probably murder 1 and the girl worked a magnificent plan to dispose of her looser husband.

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Yeah, but you may have been sipping the shine that came out of the apparatus in your avatar.
    That just goes with my username. I haven't done THAT DIY thing.

Yet.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLeePettimore View Post
    That just goes with my username. I haven't done THAT DIY thing.

Yet.
    Neither did the real John Lee Pettimore. He went into agribusiness.

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    Neither did the real John Lee Pettimore. He went into agribusiness.
    Not so Krat, it was John Lee Pettimore III that went into the agriculture biz. But, his grandpa, John Lee Pettimore was the moonshiner.

My names John Lee Pettimore, same as my daddy and his daddy before.

Sounds like "CopperHead Road".

Tool & Die Maker

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    I don't think he had a "last thought" of that nature.

When a .50 DE slug passes through your body and plasters small fragments of your heart, lungs and spine onto the wall behind you your brain pretty much stops instantly and you are dead before you begin the falling process.

The next thing we will probably hear is that the family has sued the firearms company for not having proper safety instructions printed on the firearm.

I think it was probably murder 1 and the girl worked a magnificent plan to dispose of her looser husband.
    !

Well ya! People need to be protected from themselves. Now the girl is pregnant with his kid. Now there will be another generation that thinks a book can stop a .5 cal.