Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTH did that thing go?

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Default WTH did that thing go?

I have been doing minor surgery on an 870 and removed the butt pad. Two hours latter the thing disappeared like it had legs and walked off. Only place I have been is at the work table and fridge.

Wait a minute I need to check the freezer!

Nope, it is not there, but I did find the icecream and the stripped AR lower I lost Monday night.

I do not suppose this kind of thing happens to anyone else?
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Well, there is the "sproong factor"....but you have good idea where the parts go.....

Worst one ...lately.....
    I got a call on DW cell phone ...we have matching flip phones....
    Sound was turned down....When done...I had put it away in my belt holster.....

DW says..."Where my phone?.....I didn't recall putting her phone on my belt.
    But being the nice guy that I am...started helping her out with the "Where did you leave it? (If I knew THAT I would go a get it...) and a few other ...didja looks.

So grabbed my phone....and called her number.....could just hear it riiiiing ever so faint....
    Kept calling ....that faint sound...seemed to follow me around.....Till she walks up....takes it out of the holster on my belt ...and walks away to make her call...Never said a word....

I suspect she snuck it in there when I wasn't looking....Hummmm
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

all the time, I am a master at making things disappear. I am like better than David Copperfield.. once I lost something it leaves physical existence, and then becomes part of metaphysics, all gods are prayed to seances are done, tarot cards are read, psychics are visited.. and no-one can locate it, it become a part of the quantum realm
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

(BOSWA) ELITE SURVIVAL RANGER - BSR/16/05

Happens a lot.....I have yet too accidentally pick up my wife's phone, but all hell broke loose when I was driving down the road with my car keys in my pocket and hers in my ignition while she was frantically searching for her keys so that she could make it to an appointment.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I have lost so much stuff in this house that the things have started to feel sorry for me and randomly reappear. Months later, but, hey, I'll take what I can get. Let me introduce you to Ricks Theorem.

1. Lost items are always those items you don't yet have two of. If you have two you will never loose or misplace it.

2. The depth of their loss is directly proportional to the urgency of their need. If you really, really need it then it may be gone forever. If it's no big deal then it will show up in 5 minutes.

3. Items will always be found in the least likely spot for them to have been lost.

4. No matter where you start your search if they are to be found it will always be in the last place you look. I guarantee this one.

My EDC knife was lost for a week. It was under my lounger.

My EDC gun was missing one morning. I was FREAKING OUT! I thought about what bad things were going to happen if some punk got his hands on it. I had terrible guilt over not being a responsible gun owner. I thought it had fallen out of my pocket getting in or out of my car. I finally finished at the gym and went out to retrace my steps the day before. Like nobody would've notice a pistol in the parking lot. I was in my wife's sardine can of a car and couldn't get the seat back far enough adding to my frustration. Foaming at the mouth I rammed and jammed it back and forth trying to make it comply. Finally I squeezed out, went down to my knees, and got ready to rip that (%^&#$#@! seat right out of the car. And found my gun right where I put it after having to stash it because of one of those "No Guns" stickers in the store window.

So you're the one.....

.....that pays attention to those signs.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Just want to add a bit...

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I have lost so much stuff in this house that the things have started to feel sorry for me and randomly reappear. Months later, but, hey, I'll take what I can get. Let me introduce you to Ricks Theorem.

1. Lost items are always those items you don't yet have two of. If you have two you will never loose or misplace it.
    1a...Doesn't work that way...some where are 11 of whatever

2. The depth of their loss is directly proportional to the urgency of their need. If you really, really need it then it may be gone forever. If it's no big deal then it will show up in 5 minutes.
    2a ....No ship

3. Items will always be found in the least likely spot for them to have been lost.
    3a...This is only achieved after 23 didyalook's

4. No matter where you start your search if they are to be found it will always be in the last place you look. I guarantee this one.
    4a....True dat
    It's a good thing as you get older, it seems easier to afford a LOT of whatever's........because sometimes it's easier to buy new ones rather than put your self the search ....again.
    Buy by the dozen....sprinkle everywhere....

Happens at work all the time. I don't move from the general area and yet the tools all seem to vanish for a few minutes, right when you need them most.

And eyeglasses. You either have 30 pairs or none at all. Right now I have 4 pairs here but last night, couldn't find a single one.

This 1985 Twilight Zone episode might explain it all! LOL
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKbylBQ0igk
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

Happens all the time with the TV remote. I can trust someone completely, at least until the remote is missing...
    "Are you sitting on the remote?"
    "No."
    "Get up right now."
    There ain't too many problems you can't fix with $500 or a 30-06.

Him-"Whats the best knife for survival?"
    Me-"the one that's in your pocket."
    Him-"I don't have one in my pocket."
    Me-"Exactly."

I always put important stuff in a safe place. You know, one of those really SAFE places....the ones you forget about.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

My mom always lost her glasses, then I would remind her that she was wearing them!!!
    Sir Knife Collectin, Rocket Ridin, Girl Crazy Post
    Hoe of WSF

Had an older maintenance guy in the factory....the kind that retired early but still showed up. for the check.......cranky old bass turd....(now I can relate)......

Anyway. they would take things apart.... hoping they would not be the ones to put it back together......
    He and his partner tore a machine down....and left it for about a month...

They come back for reassembly...he was standing there with his hands on his hips cussing a swearing....and come in my office.
    "Hey. ...someone STOLE all the bolts and nuts.....You got go out there a find those bolts or we can't fix it"!!!

So walked out, there was one bolt left on the machine base...about 4 ft off the ground.....
    I picked the bolt up......dropped it.......it hit the floor and rolled under the next machine.....next to all the rest of them.

"There ya go...right where YOU left them "....bit my tongue and didn't not add..."Azz whole".

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

I just thank God every day for Ebay and cheap replacement parts.

At my age getting down on the floor to look under the sofa and back to vertical can cost a couple of hundred bucks in medical fees, co-pays and meds.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

I hate those little C-clip type keepers that fly 30 feet when you pry them off with a screwdriver! I call the jesus clips, probably don't need to explain why I call them that........LOL
    Sir Knife Collectin, Rocket Ridin, Girl Crazy Post
    Hoe of WSF

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthang View Post
    I hate those little C-clip type keepers that fly 30 feet when you pry them off with a screwdriver! I call the jesus clips, probably don't need to explain why I call them that........LOL
    They are called that, everywhere...especially the last retainer on a piston pin.....
    Did I mention...the LAST one...so you can't go any farther until you find it ????

Tool & Die Maker

I probably have hundreds of little tools, screws and gadgets in my machine shop. Most of the time I can find most any item in
    20 to 30 seconds. This is a must to be efficient.

But things do get lost when I have a project in process, those digital calipers are the worst for getting lost so I solved that by owning
    4 or 5 sets.

All kidding aside, when things get lost it is a sign it is time to clean up. Amazing how lost items find their way home.

I don't know about that. I can sit at my desk and drop a hearing aid battery and it just disappears somewhere between the top of the desk and hitting the carpet. There is a space/time continuum thingy about 2 feet off the ground. They eventually reappear but someplace else in the room. I must pass through that space/time thingy on occasion because I'll sometimes find myself in a room and have no idea what I went in there for.

I'm that is caused by the McGurgle Wiggle...
    When the tectonic plates shift under you feet, and moves the waste basket out of the way,... as an object get dropped straight down defying gravity.....
    Sproinged objects, suffer the same fate by entering to that other dimension thru that gravity shift...only to re-appear much later....Or are gone for ever.
    Or you buy another one...and the original object is sitting there.

Actually the green on the .11 hole at Petrifying Springs Golf course does this....ball rolls uphill.....or that spot is the far northeast corner of the Bermuda triangle

Apparently my body is developing these same things. I know it fell right on my belly. But I don't see it. There's only a few folds it could be in but it won't eject until I stand. Then I have to bend over to pick it up. Which is exactly what I was avoiding.