Thread: Two I just finished.

Default Two I just finished.

Little skinner idea I'm working on. Overall length is @ 8". Simply sheath has belt loop and can be neck carried.
    012.jpg008.jpg

Roach Belly interpretation. Old school fur trade, colonial America look that I really like these days. 4 1/2" blade, 9" overall. It's got an amazing piece of sambar stag on it.
    010.jpg011.jpg009.jpg

Trying to keep busy.
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

A couple of more really nice blades!!
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Good looking and very functional. A combination that never gets old.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

nice knives and I like the use of the copper rivets and combination of rivets and stitching on the leather.
    Without counsel purposes are disappointed: but in the multitude of counsellers they are established.

s.pottscustomknives@gmail.com
    www.facebook.com/s.pottscustomknives
    http://s1248.beta.photobucket.com/us...llss7/library/

Quote Originally Posted by randallss7 View Post
    nice knives and I like the use of the copper rivets and combination of rivets and stitching on the leather.
    They make for a reasonably indestructible sheath if they are put in the proper stress points.

I learned to make sheaths with rivets. I don't use glue, so the rivets are guides for the whole process. Essentially, I mark the inside of the back of the sheath with the stitch line, then make rivet holes at the stress points. Then I transfer the rivet holes to the welt and the inside of the sheath front. Then I put the rivets up through the welt into the rear of the sheath and use the thonging chisel through the back of the sheath into the welt. Then I, using the rivets to line it up, thong chisel through the welt into the front of the sheath. The holes all line up (for the most part).

I wonder if that makes any sense. When you learn on your own, you do it way different then anybody else.
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.