Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Overnighter deep in the Australian Bush

Default Overnighter deep in the Australian Bush

Hey there! I just uploaded a video of my most recent trip, where I set up camp by a river, explore the area, and spend the night. I hope you enjoy it.

Welcome home. I have to tell you that is one of the best vids I've seen in a while and we have some really good ones on here often. I have to commend you for getting out there and doing it. Boots in the field. Your vidography was excellent and the fact that your "music" was nature sounds was truly brilliant. I liked the fact that you added in the names of plants and animals and I really like the fact you left the mistakes in. That stuff happens all the time so the mistakes, for me, made the video real. And thank you for cleaning up the area before you left. Kudos.

Hi Tobias, Welcome to the Forum.
    The video was very well shot and quiet cinematic, I enjoyed it.
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

(BOSWA) ELITE SURVIVAL RANGER - BSR/16/05

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Welcome home. I have to tell you that is one of the best vids I've seen in a while and we have some really good ones on here often. I have to commend you for getting out there and doing it. Boots in the field. Your vidography was excellent and the fact that your "music" was nature sounds was truly brilliant. I liked the fact that you added in the names of plants and animals and I really like the fact you left the mistakes in. That stuff happens all the time so the mistakes, for me, made the video real. And thank you for cleaning up the area before you left. Kudos.
    That means so much to me - thank you very much for the feedback.

I agree. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Antonyraison View Post
    Hi Tobias, Welcome to the Forum.
    The video was very well shot and quiet cinematic, I enjoyed it.
    Cheers mate, good to be hear. So glad you enjoyed it!

Quote Originally Posted by madmax View Post
    I agree. Well done.
    Thanks so much! I appreciate it.

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

Good job. I love spots like that.
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

Looks very relaxing and peaceful. Thanks for taking us along.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Thanks for taking us along.
    It was a pleasure!

Quote Originally Posted by 1stimestar View Post
    Good job. I love spots like that.
    Thank you for watching. Secluded spots are some of the best! A good change of pace from day-to-day life.

I enjoyed it as well. Makes me look like a complete novice with my video skills.

I love camping by a river. However, in my area, I have found that it is illegal to camp less than 200 ft from water. I have done it a couple time, before I knew. I don't know about your laws, so no judgment. However, for others watching the video who are Americans... something to think about.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by finallyME View Post
    I enjoyed it as well. Makes me look like a complete novice with my video skills.
    I'd love to check out some of your videos mate!

Quote Originally Posted by finallyME View Post
    I love camping by a river. However, in my area, I have found that it is illegal to camp less than 200 ft from water. I have done it a couple time, before I knew. I don't know about your laws, so no judgment. However, for others watching the video who are Americans... something to think about.
    Thanks for the heads up. I have never heard of it being illegal over here in Aus, but I'll definitely do some research now that you have mentioned it.

The rule of thumb is no closer than 50 feet to avoid contaminating the water or watershed. In many of our national parks it is 100 feet. Bodily waste, soaps or detergents, insect sprays and food contaminants will be far enough away so they do not get washed into the water. Washing yourself or dishes is supposed to be 200 feet, as finallyMe pointed out. That's part of the Leave No Trace philosophy, which is universal.

Good job......Thanks for posting.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Some of the places I camp, hammocks are hung over the water's edge........just not during gator mating season.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I am sure to have nightmares over that post. Yeah, I'm sitting up in bed tonight with both .45s and a flashlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    The rule of thumb is no closer than 50 feet to avoid contaminating the water or watershed. In many of our national parks it is 100 feet. Bodily waste, soaps or detergents, insect sprays and food contaminants will be far enough away so they do not get washed into the water. Washing yourself or dishes is supposed to be 200 feet, as finallyMe pointed out. That's part of the Leave No Trace philosophy, which is universal.
    Yeah mate, I always make sure to do those sorts of things far, far away from the water. I'm especially careful (particularly on short trips like these) to not use any chemicals such as soaps and detergents. Thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Some of the places I camp, hammocks are hung over the water's edge........just not during gator mating season.
    snicker. Well not twice. Hehheh.

That faint voice in the dark... "Guys? Guys? Uh guys?"

Very well done. Nice artistic flare, and a beautiful site as well.