Thread: Another good night at a sportsmans Banquet.

The Keweenaw Peninsula of upper Michigan, about the middle of the south shore of Lake Superior

Default Another good night at a sportsmans Banquet.

Went to my local Ducks Unlimited Banquet Wednesday night and scored big again! This time I won the rifle of the year(, a Weatherby bolt action in 7mm MAGNUM. My son-in-Law also was lucky in the raffle, winning a Marlin Model 60 22 LR. That's my SIL's first win of a gun in over five yeas. I am planning on a moose hunt in western Ontario in October and think the Weatherby will be ideal for the hunt.
    Geezer Squad #2

You, sir, are despicable (Congratulations on the win. I'm jealous in case you couldn't tell)

Congrats and good hunting.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Congrats..... to both of you
    You are gonna like that Weatherby....They are sweet....7mm mag my favorite long shooter, If you can see it you can kill it, tool.

Didn't win anything at our March DU Dinner.
    Going to have DU sponsor's dinner tomorrow evening...
    We will see.....
    Thank's for supporting Ducks Unlimited.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

The Keweenaw Peninsula of upper Michigan, about the middle of the south shore of Lake Superior

I think this rifle is too heavy for my shoulder problems. I can bearly pick it up, much less bring it to my shoulder and fire it. I have decided to put it up for sale. Factory list is $2800. I will take a thousand off of that price(ie $1800 and you pay the shipping and handling by my FFL dealer. My dealer says it is worth more than I am asking and would put it on consignment. However there is no telling how long it would take to sell on consignment and the money would be welcome in paying for the moose hunt. (I am not just paying for myself on this moose hunt, I am also paying for my Son-in-law, as well.
    My health has declined so much this year that my family and I have agreed that this will be my last big hunt.
    Geezer Squad #2

Last night we had our Sponsors/Donors/Committee Dinner.
    Had burgers and brats at ....The World Famous Brat Stop...few brewskies.

No joy on guns for me last night....only thing I won (bought) was a pair of lamps in the silent auction..DW wanted them.

The tall one was loosy goosey. so is in the vice with J-B Weld at the top joint.....LOL

My hunting buddy took home a Ruger American...22-250......AND..... Marlin Model 60 .22
    Couple of the BIG sponsors...one guys father....and their gang won a few guns (this is good thing).

Anyway...What were you planning to use on your moose hunt?
    Weatherby is a nice rifle....price depends on model....

Is it a Mark V series?....7 mm Rem mag or 7mm Wby Mag?

Mine is a Weatherby Vangard...low end $600 or so MSRP.......

Maybe ask about trading the the Weatherby in on something smaller?

Yep. I'll bet that whoever donated the rifle would trade it for a different (less expensive) one.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

It is a mark V series in 7mm Remington with beautiful carving on the stock and fore end. On Weatherby's web site it is listed at $2800. Of course I am not expecting anything like that. I am looking at $1500/$1600. There is one for sale on one of the gun sites exactly like mine for $1600.
    I am planning to use my Ruger Frontier in 308 Win. for the moose hunt . It has a Mag-na-break on it which really reduces recoil and I think I can tolerate the recoil for a shot or two. It is a tack driver and likes my reloads really well. Any moose with in 300 yards is a dead moose if it is standing still. I generally do not shoot at big game that is moving unless they are no more than 25 yds away.
    Geezer Squad #2

That is a nice rifle........Good luck...you should find a taker.

CORRECTION: I found out today that the Ducks Unlimited Weatherbay Mark V 7mm Mag is NOT a Mark V but actually a Vanguard variant Called a Vanguard Lazerguard It lists for $1,199.00 , not $2800. That changes the price I am asking to $1000.00
    Geezer Squad #2