Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Afraid in the jungle alone at night

You may wind up coming across this....good to be armed...

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Sorry.......Couldn't resist
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Great post, Jim! I think fear of the dark and discomfort in strange surroundings is a deep seated holdover from the primordial days. It's amazing how the same scenery can be beautiful by day and unnerving by night.

On a serious note......I have on occasion when face with the darkness and unknown....just get pissed .....then use that attitude.
    Kinda a mental "I'm coming thru..and don't want to be messed with......

Tool & Die Maker

So, what is that thing?

That's just Hunter making sure the trail cam works.

I dont know... I always enjoyed Nature... I never felt afraid in the Jungle. Even now I feel always at home there even at night.
    I think i trust the jungle more than people.
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

(BOSWA) ELITE SURVIVAL RANGER - BSR/16/05

Quote Originally Posted by jim Glass View Post
    So, what is that thing?
    Interweb invention......new version of a "Boogy bear"...."GONNA GET YA'.....

Tool & Die Maker

If I saw something like that through my night vision stuff I think my under shorts would be quickly soiled

Quote Originally Posted by jim Glass View Post
    If I saw something like that through my night vision stuff I think my under shorts would be quickly soiled
    Don't worry, you'll only see that guy online or in Photoshop.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    Don't worry, you'll only see that guy online or in Photoshop.
    Or at WalMart.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Or at WalMart.
    Hahaha! I have actually seen scarier creatures there!

The only place the dark jungle scares me is in Chicago!
    Sir Knife Collectin, Rocket Ridin, Girl Crazy Post
    Hoe of WSF

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

You guys don't know half of it!

My closest Walmart is 50 miles from the nearest real town, located on Skeeter Davis Blvd. in Dry Ridge KY. If you know who Skeeter Davis is, or where Dry Ridge is, you have some idea of the clientele. The last store manager got his promotion because he had more of his own teeth than any other candidate.

Employee of the month means you wore shoes to work every day.

The concealed carry "walk of shame" can not be done at my Walmart. Half the customers are sporting open carry and there is a contest for the most tricked out 1911 of the day. No one cares if you have a pea shooter under your coat!

We had a Subway sandwich shop in the WM and it closed down due to this being a farm town and the folks actually knew the meaning of the word "fresh". They told the poor Pakistani owners that "fresh" meant it came out of the garden that day. By the way, did you realize you have a red dot on your forehead? You might want to go wash that off.

Big ole women in there too! Big, big country women with two names and a dozen kids and planning on a dozen more! I absolutely refuse to walk across the Walmart parking lot after dark or pass near any pickup truck on the way. No telling what would happen to you. I heard one poor soul was found dehydrated, drained of all his body fluids and left an empty shell in his SUV one Saturday morning.

You go spend a night in my Walmart and the stuff in the jungle will seem tame.
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 05-03-2017 at 12:47 PM.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Can't be any weirder that seeing a young Amish couple pushing a shopping cart....with Pop Tarts, soda and dog food to the buggy....

clomp, clomp, clomp, clomp, clomp, bang! clomp, clomp, clomp, clomp

Amish drive by.

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    clomp, clomp, clomp, clomp, clomp, bang! clomp, clomp, clomp, clomp

Amish drive by.
    LOL....The Amish guy that built my cabin and I had a great discussion on favorite deer rifles....he like his 7mm mag as well I do...

Just looked funny seeing Pop Tarts in the cart....expected sack of grain and beans....
    Like you want to say,.... Hey, are you supposed to be eating that stuff?....

My closest Walmart is 50 miles from the nearest real town, located on Skeeter Davis Blvd. in Dry Ridge KY. If you know who Skeeter Davis is, or where Dry Ridge is, you have some idea of the clientele. The last store manager got his promotion because he had more of his own teeth than any other candidate.

Employee of the month means you wore shoes to work every day.

The concealed carry "walk of shame" can not be done at my Walmart. Half the customers are sporting open carry and there is a contest for the most tricked out 1911 of the day. No one cares if you have a pea shooter under your coat!

We had a Subway sandwich shop in the WM and it closed down due to this being a farm town and the folks actually knew the meaning of the word "fresh". They told the poor Pakistani owners that "fresh" meant it came out of the garden that day. By the way, did you realize you have a red dot on your forehead? You might want to go wash that off.

Big ole women in there too! Big, big country women with two names and a dozen kids and planning on a dozen more! I absolutely refuse to walk across the Walmart parking lot after dark or pass near any pickup truck on the way. No telling what would happen to you. I heard one poor soul was found dehydrated, drained of all his body fluids and left an empty shell in his SUV one Saturday morning.

You go spend a night in my Walmart and the stuff in the jungle will seem tame.
    Use to go to Wallmart in southern West Virginia, all of the snaggle tooth women and kids wore dirty pajamas, and smelled like a big ole arm pit..........LOL It was scary in it's own kind of way!!
    Sir Knife Collectin, Rocket Ridin, Girl Crazy Post
    Hoe of WSF

Tool & Die Maker

That sounds like a good summer vacation destination. I'm going to look into this, seriously. I love people watching at Walmart. The only place better is Bourbon St, New Orleans. When we winter in Florida I always offer to drive my wife to Walmart just so I can sit in the car and people watch. I'll never forget seeing this old man with a hand full of flowers walking around the Walmart parking lot. It dawned on me he was looking for his car and couldn't find it. I figured if he came near my car I was going to tell him, "can't find your car can you, jump in my car, I'll help you find it". Never happened but I'm always looking for ways to use my, "Eagle Boy scout, good dead for the day".

Tool & Die Maker

Dry Ridge, KY. Heck, that's on my way to Florida. Tell me, do they take their dogs inside the store as well?? I know my wife would like to visit the place, she has a little hillbilly in her blood lines anyway, it is quite evident in her cooking and her fondness for eating wild hog.
    Last edited by jim Glass; 05-07-2017 at 05:43 AM.

If you decide to stop into that store get your mind prepared for the experience.

The list of employees at the Walmart exceeds the population of the town, which means there is no real labor pool to draw from. It's more of a labor puddle. The most common reply to any question is "We don't know/care what's on the computer, it's got nothing to do with our inventory." Followed by, "The truck comes on Thursday, we have no idea what will be on it."

Dry Ridge does have a good Cracker Barrel. Give me a yell next time y'all are coming through and I will meet you for a cup of coffee. You will need a break from driving by the time you get here.