Thread: Heads Up! AR Sale!

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Default Heads Up! AR Sale!

I got an e-mail special today and it is a real bargain.

PSA full build kit without lower for $340.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/ptac-...t=5%3a00+Email

Lowers are available everywhere for $50 or less, so you can get into a usable AR carbine for less than $400!

It was a deal like this that got me started on the AR platform. I wanted a Patrol Rifle in .223 and discovered that an AR was cheaper then a bolt gun.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

How many did you order, and how long will it be before you can order again?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

The guy that drives the brown truck is sure gonna be tired when he gets through with that delivery to you.

Not going to take advantage of this one. I am too busy playing with the toys I already have.

Plus the tax man came this month. I could have had one of these and a nice scope to go on top if not for for the IRS.

I believe my next large expense will be to the ATF for permission to attach one of the rifle butt stocks to one of my "pistol" uppers. That will cost me nothing in money for parts, just $200 for permission to use what I already own in a different configuration.

Great time to be a buyer, not the best time to be a seller!

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    Great time to be a buyer, not the best time to be a seller!
    Not if you bought at the high prices of the past panics. Some even bought over priced guns thinking they were going to make some big money owning "grandfathered" firearms to sell after a ban was passed.

I know a few folks that paid $1000+ for basic AR carbines a few years back. They do not really care what the market does, they bought for the right of ownership and never intend to sell, trade or make a profit.

I do not care what the market does, I just enjoy the whole process of researching, buying, modifying, reloading and shooting.

That is one reason I enjoy the AR platform. You can build a rifle to different specs, combine upper and lower units in different ways and have several caliber uppers for the same lower.
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 04-13-2017 at 01:45 AM.

Still a few Handi Rifle calibers I don't have......
    Thanks for the heads up....but maybe later.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I was just with my BIL looking at the rifles at the BX. He was saying he really wants to get an AR. I will show him this today.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

Rock River Arms is also having a sale. I bought one a few years ago and truly love that rascal. Well, other than the canoe thingy.

https://www.rockriverarms.com/

Well, I just had a water heater go out otherwise I would have fell victim to owning another.
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    Not if you bought at the high prices of the past panics. Some even bought over priced guns thinking they were going to make some big money owning "grandfathered" firearms to sell after a ban was passed.

I know a few folks that paid $1000+ for basic AR carbines a few years back. They do not really care what the market does, they bought for the right of ownership and never intend to sell, trade or make a profit.

I do not care what the market does, I just enjoy the whole process of researching, buying, modifying, reloading and shooting.

That is one reason I enjoy the AR platform. You can build a rifle to different specs, combine upper and lower units in different ways and have several caliber uppers for the same lower.
    That's why it's a great time to be buying one but a poor time to be selling. There was a lot of panic over the possibility of President HilClin but obviously that didn't happen, and our Golfer in Chief doesn't seem to be interested in pursuing any bans. Everyone and their dog with an armorer's wrench and a garage was selling ARs so we have a bloated supply and sagging demand. Guns that were $1k a year ago are selling for $500 now.

This should tell you how badly overpriced bolt actions are, along with 308 AR's. they dont cost $20 more to make than the 223 version, but they know anyone dumb enough to choose such a 308 will give them the extra $800 or so for the "mans' caliber". :-)