Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: EDC Lighter Fluid Container

i still have my zippo's. and a thing of fluid for them.but their kept put away.on account it means one less item in my pants pocket.and no fluid leaking out onto my leg.i now buy and use the 5 packs of Bic's at dollar general.in which i stopped at one a few days ago.and found a short long stem lighter.it barely long enough to stick out past both sides of my hand.and just to make things more interesting.their refillable..

DSCN1979.jpg

That's kinda cool......haven't see any yet....
    Since I quit smoking....I just carry a Bic most of the time.. Don't use it much except to try it out to see if it' still works...
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Sounds like your group uses "Un-common sense"

In my Rondy gear, I had included a buckskin Bic lighter on a neck strap......vender lady was making an selling them...
    Used it to light my smoke when no one was looking....
    Didn't think anyone would notice.

Anyway Rondy go to is Flint and steel.....w/char cloth.

Wsa practicing starting my fire for a "fire lighting contest"

Hot really humid day....was not getting a spark to catch....
    Young boy standing there watching.....
    Then says..".Hey mister, why not use the Bic in the pouch around your neck..."

Never wore it again.....LOL.
    hahahah yeah, it does seem a tad odd I agree, I mean As a smoker i always have a bic on me, so There generally would never be a moment I wouldnt have one.
    But I get that we there to learn other methods, and need to suffer with out Technology hahahah. sure I guess any lighter could fail from water and empty gas and weather etc.
    It doesnt bother me much, if push came to shove I would use a bow drill if need be.
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

(BOSWA) ELITE SURVIVAL RANGER - BSR/16/05

ETA : Never mind. I read through the reviews and Q&A a little more, and there is a lot of contradictory stuff in there.

==============================

Just found these:

Capture.JPG

I've searched for real small ones before, but not found them.

https://www.amazon.com/Maxam-KTFLKC2...f=cts_je_1_vtp $5.69 incl. shipping for the 2 oz. size.

https://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Ste.../dp/B004CYR26A $4.95 incl. shipping for the 1 oz. size.

They look good for lighter fuel or personal fuel/medicine.

;oD
    Last edited by JohnLeePettimore; 02-16-2018 at 01:21 PM.
    "The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play." Capt. James T. Kirk

It's the 2-year anniversary of this exciting and intellectually stimulating thread! I know for a fact that it is one of kyrat's personal favorites.

Anyway, looking back, Wildthang recommended the aluminum pill-cases. I got some to use as stocking stuffers this last Christmas, and they work very well. Empty eye drop bottles also work well.

Now for a confession. Part of being a newb, wanna-be prepper is not thinking through everything. When I started this thread, I complained about the containers leaking because they would get warm, pressurize, vent the evaporated fluid, cool off, repeat, until all the fluid was gone. Well, I was testing them in my car in warm (even hot) weather. You don't need to worry about being able to make a fire at night in Arkansas in the summer! DUH! Every suggestion that I dismissed will work fine in cold weather. DUH!

Do I win some kind of Wilderness Survival Forums dumb-axx award?
    "The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play." Capt. James T. Kirk

We'll come up with one especially for you. We'll have the F.A.R.T.s begin work on it right away. We might have something by the second anniversary of this thread...or not. It is the F.A.R.T.s

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    We'll come up with one especially for you. We'll have the F.A.R.T.s begin work on it right away. We might have something by the second anniversary of this thread...or not. It is the F.A.R.T.s
    Here's another newb question: What does F.A.R.T.s stand for?

BTW, don't you mean "third" anniversary? ;o)

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

The F.A.R.T. is the operational wing of the WSF, otherwise known as the Fairly Active Reaction Team.

In the event of an emergency the FART can be sent anywhere in the world with only minor delays and absolutely no regard for their own safety. At one time boats and other vehicles were involved but with the ravages of advancing age most of the original team have been strapped into mobility scooters and most are no longer allowed to drive due to the meds taken on a daily basis.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

We are, however, death on coffee and bacon sammiches. I, uh, I might have to question that, no regard for their own safety bit. Ahem. It does look good on paper, though. I'm, personally, put off by anything more than a minor hang nail. I don't mind volunteering others for the tough stuff. Just sayin.....

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    The F.A.R.T. is the operational wing of the WSF, otherwise known as the Fairly Active Reaction Team.
    That reminds me of the Cheech & Chong bit: Tactical Women's Alert Team.

BTW, does "operational" mean that you've all had operations of some sort? But, they call those "procedures" now, don't they?

How about the "Order of the Legendary Dragon" as an award for exemplary service in F.A.R.T.?
    Last edited by JohnLeePettimore; 03-28-2019 at 09:20 PM.

Well, you'd have to find someone that has actually done something first. Procrastination is probably our best quality.

I was thinking of me, for starting this thread.

BTW, O.L.D. F.A.R.T. Get it?