Thread: What are you watching?

Default What are you watching?

I searched. I couldn't find a dedicated thread for movie discussion.

I just watched Deepwater Horizon starring Mark Whalberg, Kurt Russel and John Malkovich. Its based on the true events of the infamous BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.
    It was a bit of a tear jerker at some spots. A good visual on the horror of the BP oil spill. I was following the news at the time but I didn't realize that 11 men had lost their lives.

The acting was well done and the portrayal of the BP oil executives is great in the way that you pretty much hate them by the end. Also a good visual on how the accident happened in the first place.

Definitely worth a watch, but don't watch with young kids, its pretty graphic in some spots, and some language as well.
    There ain't too many problems you can't fix with $500 or a 30-06.

Him-"Whats the best knife for survival?"
    Me-"the one that's in your pocket."
    Him-"I don't have one in my pocket."
    Me-"Exactly."

Quote Originally Posted by alaskabushman View Post
    I searched. I couldn't find a dedicated thread for movie discussion.

I just watched Deepwater Horizon starring Mark Whalberg, Kurt Russel and John Malkovich. Its based on the true events of the infamous BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.
    It was a bit of a tear jerker at some spots. A good visual on the horror of the BP oil spill. I was following the news at the time but I didn't realize that 11 men had lost their lives.

The acting was well done and the portrayal of the BP oil executives is great in the way that you pretty much hate them by the end. Also a good visual on how the accident happened in the first place.

Definitely worth a watch, but don't watch with young kids, its pretty graphic in some spots, and some language as well.
    I watched that one a couple of weeks ago, it was pure pleasure to watch the PM's realize how bad they messed up!!!
    Sir Knife Collectin, Rocket Ridin, Girl Crazy Post
    Hoe of WSF

Twin Peaks....again.
    It was intentionally dated when it came out so it's still dated, but it's fun.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfVanZandt View Post
    Twin Peaks....again.
    It was intentionally dated when it came out so it's still dated, but it's fun.
    I don't know if you've ever watched the TV show Psych, but they have an homage episode of Twin Peaks called "Dual Spires"...its quite hilarious.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4ybctg

Me-"Exactly."

That sounds watchable. Maybe if the current gastroenteritis bout allows me to not traumatically repress these few days, I'll just check it out. Thanks.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

The girl next door. But in my favor I was just trying to sight in my binoculars. Honest.

Last night I sat down and watched the new film Hacksaw Ridge. Mel Gibson's first directed film in a decade (the last being Apocalypto in 2006), tells the true story of WWII soldier Desmond Doss. Doss refuses to touch or use a firearm to take a human life. Instead of taking life his desire is to save it instead.

I really enjoyed this movie. It's very well written and the acting is top shelf. Andrew Garfield shows his acting capability and Vince Vaughn is fantastic in his roll as drill Sergeant. The action is gripping and gritty. Several scenes are tear jerkers, the bravery of the men is inspiring and the massive loss of life is horrifying. There are scenes of extreme realistic battle gore, so do not watch with kids! Other than that, there are no sex scenes and very little language.

One thing that Hollywood has seriously neglected is WWII stories of valor and bravery. There are so many amazing men who served and gave their lives for their country. I wish more stories like this were accurately made into movies.

I highly recommend it.

Me-"Exactly."