Thread: New Member NY MtnMan72

Default New Member NY MtnMan72

Hi all... great site- have enjoyed reading some posts and am looking forward to replying to some.

Hope to spread some fun- I have some good knowledge and some funny stories to share someday.

Art in NY

Blog Entries

Cool Hello Apple-knocker!

Welcome to the Wolf Pack, guy, whereabouts in NY are you from?
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Hi and welcome to the forum
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Well Sarge- right now I am living in the "hudson valley" region sort of between Albany NY and NYC (the sewer)....

I grew up, and spend alot of my time further upstate. Where my folks still are is in the western end of the Catskill mountains, and my brother lives way upstate- on the western boundary of the Adirondacks. Both areas are very rural (not what most people think of NY), and especially in the Adirondacks- you can hike for days, possibly weeks and not see many or any other people. NY is a very special state -for the simple reason that just about the upper third of our state is a wilderness area- state owned, that cannot be developed or built on. There are areas where you can buy property in the woods, on lakes etc- but no or very little new land is allowed to be cleared.
    Ill attach a link to the Adirondack site- lots of neat pics and some maps etc etc.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adirondack_Park

Thanks for the welcome.....

Blog Entries

Cool Hooking you up.

Quote Originally Posted by NY MtnMan72 View Post
    Well Sarge- right now I am living in the "hudson valley" region sort of between Albany NY and NYC (the sewer)....

I grew up, and spend alot of my time further upstate. Where my folks still are is in the western end of the Catskill mountains, and my brother lives way upstate- on the western boundary of the Adirondacks. Both areas are very rural (not what most people think of NY), and especially in the Adirondacks- you can hike for days, possibly weeks and not see many or any other people. NY is a very special state -for the simple reason that just about the upper third of our state is a wilderness area- state owned, that cannot be developed or built on. There are areas where you can buy property in the woods, on lakes etc- but no or very little new land is allowed to be cleared.
    Ill attach a link to the Adirondack site- lots of neat pics and some maps etc etc.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adirondack_Park

Thanks for the welcome.....
    We need to hook yo up with one of our young members: "Wild Goth". He's from over your way and looking to get some instruction & pointers.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin