Thread: Cheap Shotgun Review

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Default Cheap Shotgun Review

Ever see a deal that is so good you can't believe it is true, so you research the product, comb the reviews, ask questions on You-tube comments sections, discouted the posts made by idiots, decide to take the plunge and make your order, then when you go pick the product up you actually get more than was advertised?

I had that experience a week ago when I found this product on sale at Buds GS.

When I spotted it the price was $10 lower, and since I live nearby there was no shipping and no transfer charge, just the local 6.5% sales tax. My total was $250 OTD.

Even with a transfer fee the cost will be less than $300.

Note that this is a gas operated semi-auto with 5+1 capacity. It is a Turkish import and is very well built, as most of them are. Baretta, Benelli, Stoger and many others are now importing Turkish guns rebranded with their names. Baretta and Benelli now purchase most of the barrel stock from Turkey. This particular shotgun is produced by the Ottoman Company and imported by ATI.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...ic+Black+Black

When I opened the box at the store I saw that the short barreled gun is equipped with screw in choke tubes, four of them ranging from imp-cylinder, modified, imp-modified, and full. I had not expected that, especially for an 18" barrel. There is also a section of P-rail under the front of the for-end for mounting light or laser. Neither of those features were advertised or commented on in reviews. It also has an 11mm scope groove on the receiver.

The instruction manual was very thorough, but it was for the wrong model shotgun. I down loaded the proper instructions from the internet.

I have had this thing in my hands for nearly a week. I have not put a lot of rounds through it but it has eaten about two boxes of mixed high brass/low brass shells and some reloads with sketchy crimps. No problems so far in any area. No failures or misfires, but I do something many others do not, I pour the oil on freely.

it's faster than a pump, easier to use than a pump, requires no thinking like a pump does, does not kick as hard as a pump, and it comes with choke tubes, which most pumps in this price range do not have.

So far I would recommend this to a friend.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Sounds like you got a heckuva deal!

I picked an an ATI AR-15 last spring and have been pretty impressed with it. The ATI mag that came with it is actually better built than the Pmag I bought at the same time. It has a polymer lower AND upper, which surprised me, since I've seen the Bushmaster with the poly lower but never seen a plastic upper. Seems to work just fine as I've put a few hundred rounds through it (I'm not a high volume AR shooter) with nary an issue. All this for $499, which seemed like a steal to me.

I would not hesitate to purchase another ATI product.

My duck and goose gun is a Winchester SXP 12 gauge pump that I picked up for $450, opened the box to find a second 18'' barrel and 3 choke tubes (the 26'' barrel was on the gun). I believe that's also a Turkish manufacture and its been nothing but boringly reliable.
    There ain't too many problems you can't fix with $500 or a 30-06.

Him-"Whats the best knife for survival?"
    Me-"the one that's in your pocket."
    Him-"I don't have one in my pocket."
    Me-"Exactly."

Every once in a while yes. I'm generally accustomed to getting exactly what I pay for or less and I do like it when it crosses the other way. I'm not familiar with Ottoman but it looks like they are proud of their name and products with their direct marketing and that 3.5" Inertia line of autoloaders looks fun. Keep us updated if your view changes for any reason when yours is broken in. I'm still in the market for a new shotgun.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

I bought a Hatsan, also made in Turkey and nearly identical to the ATI, back in the fall to use as my general hunting shotgun. It has the 28" barrel w/chokes. Very well balanced and pleasant to shoot. I took everything from dove to bunnies with it for the past 4 months and it was equally boring in its reliability.

I have also discovered that aftermarket goodies, such as extended magazine tubes, intended for the Benelli Supernova will fit either of these guns.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?