Thread: Hi

Default Hi

Hello everyone, just got on here and I look forward to having some good discussions and learning more from this forum.

Hello and welcome.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Senior Member Pennsylvania Mike's Avatar

Hello and welcome from Pennsylvania.

Hello and welcome from Malaysia. It would help to know a little bit more about you and where you're from.
    I'm a Gramp who is not computer savvy, give me a slab and the rock ages tablet..I will do fine!

Hunter63 Saying Hay and Welcome...From Wisconsin.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

Welcome from Alaska.
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

Welcome home.

Thanks for all the replies. And since Tokwan asked for a bit more info:
    I am currently living in New Zealand. I think it's a very good place to practice wilderness based skills and there are still lots of natural areas left untouched. There is quite a strong hunting culture here as well.
    I am relatively new to learning these skills (started around the end of last year), but I've been learning as much as I can and I think I have made some good progress so far. My most recent goal is to spend more time in the wilderness gaining experience and to spend more time putting what I've learned to the test ... And to keep learning new skills because there is so much more to learn.

Aaaaahhhhhh...New Zealand...a very good palce where it has minimal or maybe no poisonous/venomous animals....am I right?
    I'm a Gramp who is not computer savvy, give me a slab and the rock ages tablet..I will do fine!

Yeah you are right, New Zealand is interesting in that sense because it lacks a lot of what other countries have. No snakes, scorpions, or big predators. Only relatively small spiders that don't have deadly bites. Pretty much all the mammals are not native either ... The pigs, deer, goats, possums, rabbits, etc are all introduced. When first people arrived in New Zealand (known as the Maori people today), I would imagine they mainly ate the plants, the freshwater and ocean creatures (fish, eels, shellfish, etc), and birds. I'm not an expert or anything this is just my assumption. New Zealand used to have some very impressive birds before they were hunted to extinction. A good one to look up is the Moa ... Just looked it up for reference and it was a flightless bird standing 3.6m tall (with neck outstretched) and weighed 230kg. They were hunted to death eventually as a food source as far as I know. There were some other very interesting birds in New Zealand that are now extinct too.

Welcome from South Africa.
    New Zealand seems to be beautiful outdoors from what I have seen.
    Each place is unique, looking forward to hear about your adventures.
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

(BOSWA) ELITE SURVIVAL RANGER - BSR/16/05

Quote Originally Posted by SMSB View Post
    Yeah you are right, New Zealand is interesting in that sense because it lacks a lot of what other countries have. No snakes, scorpions, or big predators. Only relatively small spiders that don't have deadly bites. Pretty much all the mammals are not native either ... The pigs, deer, goats, possums, rabbits, etc are all introduced. When first people arrived in New Zealand (known as the Maori people today), I would imagine they mainly ate the plants, the freshwater and ocean creatures (fish, eels, shellfish, etc), and birds. I'm not an expert or anything this is just my assumption. New Zealand used to have some very impressive birds before they were hunted to extinction. A good one to look up is the Moa ... Just looked it up for reference and it was a flightless bird standing 3.6m tall (with neck outstretched) and weighed 230kg. They were hunted to death eventually as a food source as far as I know. There were some other very interesting birds in New Zealand that are now extinct too.
    I have a friend there who works for the same MNC that I used to work. We were planning to kayak down the Waikato....heck..now ..how the hell did I remember that?

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

Welcome from Alaska.
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!