Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Am I going to die?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Oh, man. I'm out of Cheese Whiz. I'm thinking about walking to the cabinet from the couch. It's pretty desolate between here and there. No water until I get all the way to the sink.

Psssst..... Put a Mini fridge next to the couch or chair in place of the end table........add a doily and a lamp....then just lean forward slid your slide your in and snag what you need...Saves all that running back and forth.

Got mini fridge for Christmas for the camper one year....had to try it out...loaded it with beer....would hold a 30 pack.
    Look like walnut, so stayed in the living room next to the couch as a beer cooler for several years.
    (Bought a 3 way for the camper.)

Be aware which way the door opens on the fridge ....for proper access.....
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    (Bought a 3 way for the camper.)
    Hey! Hey! Hey now. Remember this is a PG-13 forum.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Hey! Hey! Hey now. Remember this is a PG-13 forum.
    Yeah.... It was kinda pricey...The fridge I mean....

Petester, I don't know how old you are, but if you are older than 18, it sounds like a good time to leave. Being around drug addicts, no matter how close or if they are family, only pulls you down as well. In that case, distance is the best option. However, running to the mountains won't solve the problem. Running to a town or city that happens to be in the mountains, and getting a job, can be a solution. Also, look at increasing your education, whether that is college or a trade school. The government definitely has programs to help Native Americans further their education. Also, employers who are into affirmative action like to have Native's on the payroll, so you can use that to your advantage.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

Petester definitely has problems and issues and I sincerely hope he will obtain help.

For those who dis South Dakota, you are mistaken. Get out of your vehicle and get off the interstate and look around a bit. Maybe even go for a hike. South Dakota has lots to offer. Much of it is in the Black Hills, but the rest of the state is very pleasant. A few years ago I cycled from Rapid City to Sisseton (NE corner) and it was truly delightful .

Welcome to WSF, Hikermor! Good to see you here, didn't know you had joined. Yeah, SD does have some really nice places and a lot of very nice people.

You need to watch the movie "INTO THE WILDERNESS" first - don't go until you do !
    Lamewolf
    Manu Forti
    Roadkill, its whats for supper !
    www.angelfire.com/electronic2/qrp

But please watch for fun the movie "Against The Wild"......Into the Wilderness will bring some sense to an greenhorn, " against the wild", well I wonder how they made it out alive...
    I'm a Gramp who is not computer savvy, give me a slab and the rock ages tablet..I will do fine!

Quote Originally Posted by Petester View Post
    Am I going to die?
    I'm surprised that no one has answered your question.

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLeePettimore View Post
    I'm surprised that no one has answered your question.

Yes.
    What odds are you giving....LOL...

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    What odds are you giving....LOL...
    Odds of dying = 1:1

south dakota ai'nt so bad been there tons of times
    wally world in watertown, bigstone city,
    flandeau pow wow, ect,,,
    coyotes listen to them, like children of the night what music they make.

This clown can't be real, either that or he's either neglected to take his meds, or he's under 9 years old and making up fairy tales.
    Semper Paratus

Quote Originally Posted by Graf View Post
    This clown can't be real, either that or he's either neglected to take his meds, or he's under 9 years old and making up fairy tales.
    Well, was kinda fun for a while......
    I always like it when some one ask a leading question like this.. disputes answers he receives then argues with you .....
    Something to do an a rainy day....

I"d take one of Chief AJi's slingbows instead, along with some of Dave Canterbury's 3 pc take down arrows, for big stuff, if big stuff is your plan, of course. Probably highly illegal to take such, without licenses, in season,etc. Better off with a takedown pellet rifle. Being seen with any sort of weapon is highly likely to get you into big legal trouble, or at the least, told (maybe at gun-point) to get off of a guy's property. He'll probably call his neighbor, too, who will do the same. Stick to backroads, so the cops won't accuse you of hitchhiking.

If you are fat and carry 30 lbs of high calorie food, like Macadamia nuts, jerky, chocolate and Ramen noodles, , you should be able to hike for a month, and a month, alongside roads, should suffice for 500 miles. If taking the roads adds to the length of your hike, you'll just have to carry more food. You're going to need to carry a lot of water, so figure on 70 lbs of gear, etc. There's guys have done so, on the Appalachian trail, for months at a time, covering 20+ miles a day, in the mountains, which = 40 miles on flat, open land.

Buhahahahahahaha! I'm fat and the only way I'll carry a 70 pound pack is in the back of the truck...If I can find someone else to put it in there. You might notice my small book bag in my avatar. Thanks for the evening chuckle.

Good luck.......
    damn, i can't be hungry,AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, lots of sound advice. I'd say, try a week long outing for the firs time. Then 2 weeks, a month, and so on. Do NOT do this trip as your first survival trip.

Is he dead yet?