Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: logo design

Thanks. Hope it helps Antonyraison though.
    The pessimist complains about the wind;
    The optimist expects it to change;
    The realist adjusts the sails.

- William Arthur Ward

Dang it, I couldn't "just say no" enough. Too bad I can't put this much freaking effort into a long term primitive campsite or something. It's still very unrefined, but I had to make some tweaks and improvements anyway. Like some spacing, and some shading in the circle that's in 18 but not in 17, for example, and other tiny things. Btw, it all being in a box looks good, but the words at the bottom being the way that they have to be means that how close they are to the left side versus the right side of an outermost box border just makes it look bad, so still didn't do that.

LOGO.png

- William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingTree View Post
    Here's an unrefined quickie. Just so you can get an idea what it'd look like with the aforementioned tweaks...

...except that along the way I made some other changes. I was going to put an Ngala sword in there, or the Zulu skull crusher, but that was too hard with what I have to work with and could find. And wasn't sure how it'd combine with other elements, or instead of. Also ended up thinking to use another animal to make it more identifiably African. But I ended up doing the continental outline, which would've done the trick. And ended up thinking maybe you don't need any weapons at all (?) would get too "busy". Was going to do 2 or 3 different combinations, to use your wildebeest for example (I happen to like wildebeest and think it's an animal more representative of survivalists?), but it was so tedious with the tools I have (not such a quickie) that by the time I was done I didn't feel like doing more. But this still will give you another perspective. I mostly kept your font, thinking that's what you really like...it does look better/more appropriate with this different presentation...but did do something subtly different with the "bushcraft survival outdoor" part.

Attachment 11411

Oops - Maybe a thing to do is contain the whole thing in a square. Didn't do that arg!

No, just tried it. Don't like the box. But I do think the skull and continent needs to be bigger...but then I think I'd rather make the skull bigger, but make the continent bigger such that the compass is mostly contained within it...with the South Africa part under the 'south africa' font. Hhmm...
    I like your suggestions. Only reason I put a wildebeest is because I personally like it. There is no real animal I suppose that represents a survivalist that I can think of... although a lot of military insignia use various Animal skulls, Kudu is also widely used, as are the springbok, buffolo, etc So yeah I have to check some other ones.. I dont want to be confused with other things.. its problematic.. I may end up looking like the 32nd battalion.. or some other ex-special forces regeime.. and that would stir up problems haha.

I like your ideas.. so I have some more playing around to do now.
    a ngala sword is more out of the congo area. Not southern African... the skull crushers you speak of are call knobkierie. Traditional weapons could be used we have many tribes here, but the ones I suppose that are more attributed to being truly native and true survivalists would be the Khoi-san.
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

(BOSWA) ELITE SURVIVAL RANGER - BSR/16/05

Ok cool. Comically, I remember that the most fun when I started my own business was deciding the name and logo and stuff like that. It matters. It facilitates manifesting the enthusiasm and soul into an endeavor that's yours.

I may think wildebeest just because it's a "wild"-beest, and is supposed to be made from odd parts by god...so is unique and individualistic, which I could equate with a survivalist.

Google told me those things were south African. Will teach me to trust google too much.

- William Arthur Ward

I think you have a good idea going, I would just suggest simplifying the skull drawing to make it more usable across different forms of media.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

OK Anthony, I am waiting for a price quote for a cap or a tee shirt (2X please).
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Put me down for a couple as well......
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

You guys serious?

there is still a bit to do before I do that... I need to vectorise this and clean it up before I make any merch or print
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

If you use what I made at all, you should look it over closer - The African outline is off, for example...I had to practically piece it together freehand a few pixels at a time due to the limitations of how I had to do it. So it's a bit misshapen if you really look at it. At some point the borders didn't match up. Would need to rebuild it from scratch another way.

- William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingTree View Post
    If you use what I made at all, you should look it over closer - The African outline is off, for example...I had to practically piece it together freehand a few pixels at a time due to the limitations of how I had to do it. So it's a bit misshapen if you really look at it. At some point the borders didn't match up. Would need to rebuild it from scratch another way.
    I noticed. either way any of the designs need to be tweaked before I could deem them usable. They rough ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Antonyraison View Post
    You guys serious?

there is still a bit to do before I do that... I need to vectorise this and clean it up before I make any merch or print
    Of course we are serious.....I may never go surviving in South Africa....but I can get the shirt and hat.

I have a Arron Rodgers #12 Jersey......Quarterback for the Green Bay Packers....NFL Football.....
    Most likely I'm never be asked to step in to play...

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Of course we are serious.....I may never go surviving in South Africa....but I can get the shirt and hat.

I have a Arron Rodgers #12 Jersey......Quarterback for the Green Bay Packers....NFL Football.....
    Most likely I'm never be asked to step in to play...
    Ah I see, yeah no I had to ask, being it april fools day Around the time of the request.
    I will Try and speed up the process then, also If you ever do chose to Visit I dont mind hosting someone(well if they are decent that is) at my house then go the bush for a few days (at least will save on accommodation)

Ah I see, yeah no I had to ask, being it april fools day Around the time of the request.
    I will Try and speed up the process then, also If you ever do chose to Visit I dont mind hosting someone(well if they are decent that is) at my house then go the bush for a few days (at least will save on accommodation)
    LOL...I can see where you might think you were having a your leg pulled a bit....happens around here once in awhile.
    Take your time...but I bet you will get other that want a shirt/hat, ...besides out little group.

I could spring for a cool hat.

everyone loves my designs and i love your guys additions.
    Not only from this forum, but others I have asked also. So yeah a brand might be a good idea... it's a bit up in the air, as I either will partner with Current Survival school (busy with completion of my instructor requirements) or the harder part would be start my own thing.. so Yeah will see. I prefer joining a reputable brand of over 10 years in the business with the marketing than try develop mine own, It seems like the better choice whilst I am still working a normal job, then we (me and mmm 2-3 other guys) would then be put on a roster for teaching students. So yeah... but still i suppose i could still do a Branded clothing,etc line on the side.

There are other forums?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    There are other forums?
    I am only on this forum Rick, I am saying that showing others on other platforms, like in person etc. they have liked it.

I am only on this forum Rick
    Better keep it that way. Straying to another forum is borderline adultery.
    There ain't too many problems you can't fix with $500 or a 30-06.

Him-"Whats the best knife for survival?"
    Me-"the one that's in your pocket."
    Him-"I don't have one in my pocket."
    Me-"Exactly."