Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi! Looking for survivalists to live on our homestead

Thanks! We are really excited about what's happening here this year. We are finding people with different skills including a certified herbalist, a biologist, a medicine woman, a massage therapist, and other people who want to practice survival skills on the land together. We have alot of skills including fishing and hunting, but of course it is a lifelong learning process. We are working closely with the Tlingit First Nation people to help revive cultural knowledge, and are honored to have stories from one of the Elders' grandfather to teach us about how they lived then. We aren't looking for labor. People who want to eat from our garden can help water and weed the garden. We are looking for people who want to share an experience and share our skills together so we can all learn.

Quote Originally Posted by oldsoldier View Post
    Hunter.........That's what I was gonna ask. How much are they going to pay me to bring my medical, herbal skills to patch up all the people that would break something?
    Hey OS,
    I am recuperating from a bad accident..you can come over, no payment, lodging and food are free...
    I'm a Gramp who is not computer savvy, give me a slab and the rock ages tablet..I will do fine!

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    Ya'll wanna come and work at my ranch?

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Must bring your own lotion.
    I need work!
    I'm a Gramp who is not computer savvy, give me a slab and the rock ages tablet..I will do fine!

Quote Originally Posted by Elissa View Post
    Hi there,

Actually, we have been living here on the land for 20 years, quite happily splitting our own firewood, and practicing all kinds of survival skills in the wilderness around here. We have a very beautiful land and have had many people visit us over the last 20 years to learn and practice all kinds of interesting things together. We were only inviting other people to share a positive learning experience together; obviously this is not the right place to look for those kinds of people. Sorry for scaring you! You would laugh so hard if you saw who I really am and knew you got scared by me!
    Elisa, what about the airfare from Malaysia?

Quote Originally Posted by Tokwan View Post
    Hey OS,
    I am recuperating from a bad accident..you can come over, no payment, lodging and food are free...
    Toss in a plane ticket for the wife and I, you supply the beer as well and you got a deal.
    If by what I have learned over the years, allow me to help one person to start to prepare. If all the mistakes I have made, let me give one person the wisdom that allows them to save their life or the life of a loved one in an emergency. Then I will truly know that all the work I have done will have been worth every minute.

heck, I'm already retired, crippled and you expect me to pay for the tickets and beer?

Quote Originally Posted by Tokwan View Post
    heck, I'm already retired, crippled and you expect me to pay for the tickets and beer?
    Sigh........ Well at least you could cover the beer.
    If by what I have learned over the years, allow me to help one person to start to prepare. If all the mistakes I have made, let me give one person the wisdom that allows them to save their life or the life of a loved one in an emergency. Then I will truly know that all the work I have done will have been worth every minute.

it might be cheaper to cover the tickets. I'll bet a whole bunch of beer may be needed to adjust to the new climate.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel