Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi! Looking for survivalists to live on our homestead

Default Hi! Looking for survivalists to live on our homestead

My name is Elissa, new to this forum. We have a remote wilderness homestead on Atlin Lake, south of Atlin, BC, Canada. We are looking for people who want to visit or live here practicing survival skills, hunting, fishing, and gardening. We are hoping to find people who want to build their own survival shelter on the land here. ****************************

Hope to hear from you,
    Elissa
    Last edited by crashdive123; 02-20-2017 at 09:01 PM. Reason: removed link

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Welcome from Kentucky.

I read your website, mission statement and such and found several contradictions in the questions on the application process.

I am going to put on some popcorn and wait for the others to find the post and comment.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Hunter63 saying Hay and Welcome......From Wisconsin

So....Looking for help.....Y'all hiring?...What are you paying?....Doesn't sound like you have room for too may people...... Tipi and Wall tent.

Where are you from....is this a move to the wilderness permanent...of a Vacation place.... ?

BTW most likely the site won't be up long......as posting you business in the text of a post is considered spam.
    You are encouraged to post it in your signature ....Per forum rules.

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...ules-amp-Staff
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

That other British dude should be all over this one.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

(BOSWA) ELITE SURVIVAL RANGER - BSR/16/05

Are you kidding Antony? That British dude doesn't want to work.
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Hunter63 saying Hay and Welcome......From Wisconsin

So....Looking for help.....Y'all hiring?...What are you paying?....Doesn't sound like you have room for too may people...... Tipi and Wall tent.

Where are you from....is this a move to the wilderness permanent...of a Vacation place.... ?

BTW most likely the site won't be up long......as posting you business in the text of a post is considered spam.
    You are encouraged to post it in your signature ....Per forum rules.

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...ules-amp-Staff
    Hunter.........That's what I was gonna ask. How much are they going to pay me to bring my medical, herbal skills to patch up all the people that would break something?
    If by what I have learned over the years, allow me to help one person to start to prepare. If all the mistakes I have made, let me give one person the wisdom that allows them to save their life or the life of a loved one in an emergency. Then I will truly know that all the work I have done will have been worth every minute.

Hello and welcome. The first rule of survival (on a forum) is to know the rules. Your link has been removed, as it is considered spam.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    Are you kidding Antony? That British dude doesn't want to work.
    Hahah true

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

There have been dubious ads, not only here but all over the interwebs.. I seen things similarly pointed out via other websites of similar offerings via craigslist.
    Basically it boiled down to the OP was luring people there and well If I recall they went missing or where assumed dead.

Free candy signs with no other real info is always fishy.

Back when I used to be Personnels in the back of Homesteading magazines....and other publications.....For communes and alternate communities.....Some were just out and out cults.

My hope is that this is on the up and up....
    But
    Elissa......I may be wrong....and most likely you won't be back.

Your "ad"....and I believe that all it is.....as Tony brought up....Seems to say to me:......

"Hi, we ran away to the wilderness, sunk a bunch of money into acres..with no clue what to do to support ours selves....so looking for people with strong backs, backgrounds, experience....and check books...to bail us out and baby sit our(?) child.

Maybe the RATTW gang will bite....

I would be careful with those guy's as it seems all they want to get away from the grid ...and will tell you all about it on their $400 buck smart phone......so the NO WiFi will be a deal breaker.

They don't want to support themselves, rather squat on your property, use your assets and have you wait on them...so would really not match up well you are looking for someone to support you.

Following your rules would be a problem as well, as the reason they are running away is to get away from rules ....

Anyway...I'm good personally...as are most forks here,..and are pretty well set, or working on their way to their goals and being as self supporting as they can.

Good luck....they say there is a match for every situation.

Ya'll wanna come and work at my ranch?

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Must bring your own lotion.
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

I am now officially, totally, completely creeped out.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    Ya'll wanna come and work at my ranch?

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Must bring your own lotion.
    Well yeah! Nobody wants the hose again.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Man we sure get some doozies on here!!!
    Sir Knife Collectin, Rocket Ridin, Girl Crazy Post
    Hoe of WSF

Oh Lort, Elissa is trolling for people to come do all the grunt work while she and her ilk reap the benefits of the gullible. Reeks of Spud above the 49th!
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

I missed it.

Called "advertizing" (spam).....at least they didn't use "Like minded"....Man, I hate those words

I hear ya. "Military style" says cheap knockoff in my book.

Hi there,

Actually, we have been living here on the land for 20 years, quite happily splitting our own firewood, and practicing all kinds of survival skills in the wilderness around here. We have a very beautiful land and have had many people visit us over the last 20 years to learn and practice all kinds of interesting things together. We were only inviting other people to share a positive learning experience together; obviously this is not the right place to look for those kinds of people. Sorry for scaring you! You would laugh so hard if you saw who I really am and knew you got scared by me!

Scared? Doubtful.

You see Elsa, we do get these sort of posts often. Most are not sincere and are looking for money or labor to accomplish what they could not.

I do believe that most of the regular posters on this forum are quite happy with the life they have carved out for themselves. They (me included) enjoy helping others when possible, attempt to steer the foolish away from danger and are a wee bit playful with those that are so deserving.

Another ..... call it phenomenon if you will (probably due to the title of the forum) is that we get quite a few people looking to live on somebody else's land because they are fed up with their lives. In the future we will be sure to point them in your direction.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel