Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 100 % going wild

Aw maannn, was getting to be kinda fun troll toss.....donuts notwithstanding......name calling? ..Sayonara
    AntonyR...Good job keep it going....wanted 10 post in the pool....

It does seem we are getting sort of sick of BS.......The weather maybe?
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

As winter wears on for some, visions of sugar plum fairies run wild in their minds.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Anyone ever noticed that a British Survivalist can get banned here faster and in fewer posts than any other group?

Perhaps they just have not learned to hide behind the trees before they shoot.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Was wondering if he is still in his momma's basement.....
    But then I thought....Do they have basements in the UK?...or just dungeons?

Huummm maybe learn something and salvage some thing for this thread.

Hahah anyway what a troll. It's rediculous to come on a forum here with so many experienced guys whom not only talk the talk but also certainly walk it, I am glad I joined this forum heheh as a south African we already tired of beating these cheeky brits in cricket and Rudby. They under estimate south africa they always do and Do so to their detriment. I am very happy here with all you fine fellows

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

(BOSWA) ELITE SURVIVAL RANGER - BSR/16/05

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    Do you not know of a place where the local folk have a huge black pot filled with veggies in need of a bit of meat, so they can have him over for dinner?

The way this thread has gone is typical for the British survival and woodcraft forums. One of their best tricks is to bash an American using every bit of the sound bite information from the tabloid media. Especially indicating that all Americans are rich and holding them in contempt for that, even though it is not true.

These people are failures in their own social structure, looking for an escape and feeling someone should provide a place for them to prosper. They do not even have the gumption to find their own squat, they expect someone from another country to do it for them.

Failures in GB are failures for the same reason we have failures here in the states; bad decisions, bad manners, lack of education, and pure laziness.

It is not our fault!

We do not owe them anything.

Neither does anyone else, anywhere in the world.
    Hahahah I know a few guys whom would do it (as a prank) there are no canibales here as far as I know. I am amazed at the ignorance especially considering their education is ment to be above ours here. I make myself aware and do a ton of research so I do not hold predujice.. but if I am poked at well now hahah

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

You know, as a Brit, he sure had a hard time with the Queens English. I guess bad spelling is a world wide problem.... I still say Siberia.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

Is it that time already? The sap has barely started running.

Somebody pm me and tell me what being a "donut" means.

Quote Originally Posted by madmax View Post
    Somebody pm me and tell me what being a "donut" means.
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=donut

Look at the second definition for use of the term in England, specifically in southern England (from London south).
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 02-21-2017 at 02:04 PM.

OK. I can use that.

Saw that ....and was chuckling about an old saying I recalled
    "Proceed to partake in aeronautical intercourse with a revolving particle of perforated pastry....."

Googled this saying and led me back..... to...OMG... ME......in 2012....Now that is funny.
    http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...r-Banned/page2

Senior Member Pennsylvania Mike's Avatar

Too much rum in that fruitcake... Gone! I mean banned! But it was fun to watch what would develop.

I think I will go over to one of the British forums and pick on them for a while.

The ones that allow Americans on seem to never ban anyone no matter how obnoxious they become.

Some of them will not allow an American to register, then they accuse us of Brit-hate.

I have even had some of them google my entire history of posts on the internet just to find something to sling at me during "discussion". I mentioned stringing barbed wire to keep the neighbors cattle in their own field once and ten years latter I am accused of animal cruelty for use of barbed wire. Apparently barbed wire is illegal in GB.

That is one reason most of the Brits change user names on each and every forum they join. I found out real quickly that I could not be the Krat in England.

They also hate the fact that we have access to guns. Most do not know their own gun laws and do not realize their access to firearms in GB is simple and relatively cheap. It does require a background check, just like us, and I have often claimed that is why so many of them discriminate against the few that do own guns, they can not pass the background check.

In general there is a real big anti-american attitude over there, in spite of all the movie stars, merchants and musicians that cuddle up to our reporters and talk show hosts to sell things. I am talking American hate, not just mild irritation.

Most of them still refer to us as "colonials" (indicating that we should be subservient to any resident of their Island) and are quick to remind us of the burning of Washington in 1815.

They really go unhinged at a moments notice, sort of like this one did when confronted. He went from setting his demands and insuring he would keep us straight, to foaming at the mouth in one post.
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 02-21-2017 at 02:47 PM.

Dear kyratshooter there's an old saying about tarring everyone with the same brush , we are not all the same . Remember this hate is a very strong word and should only be used in exceptional circumstances . And don't be surprised if you have got a bit of British in u somewhere .

Quote Originally Posted by woodybrown View Post
    Dear kyratshooter there's an old saying about tarring everyone with the same brush , we are not all the same . Remember this hate is a very strong word and should only be used in exceptional circumstances . And don't be surprised if you have got a bit of British in u somewhere .
    You are correct, I know three good ones so they are not all bad. I have them on my e-mail list and we communicate often.

As for using the word "hate", I use it when applicable and if you do not recognize "anti-american wish they were all dead" attitudes you have not been paying attention. I can go onto a British pastry baking forum and have the little old ladies ranting with American hate in five minutes. The contempt is very thinly veiled once you become aware of it.

And I do have a bit of British in me, but it is an ancient strain. The powers that be in GB arrested my 9th great grandfather for preaching against the established church. They transported him to North America and sold him as a slave in 1680. There he was, an Oxford educated ordained minister standing on the auction block. Latter he managed to buy his freedom and moved to the wilderness of Connecticut. Helped build one of the first settlements west of the Connecticut River.

I guess I should be grateful for my ancestor being sold in a church bazaar. If that had not happened I might be sitting somewhere in York, trying to find free land to squat on and quite sure there is some somewhere and no one will tell me where it is!

I've always had a great time in the UK. No one ever seemed to mind the Yank in their pubs trying to figure out their game of Rugby on the tele. Most always had questions about the US as well. Don't be an "American tourist pr!ck" and you get on just fine. I'll never forget all the Brits I've met on those pub-crawl B&B vacation treks I've made across and up-and-down the UK. Strangers, all of em, but all very nice. Even the rowdy Scots in a pub up in Sterling, on finding it was my birthday, treated me to a plate of homemade spotted dick with a candle on top. All in good fun. LOL!

Online "hate" is quickly becoming out of control, mostly due to distance and anonymity. You don't need to go to a British forum to find online hate.
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    You came here looking for expertise, like so many others of your ilk, and gave us orders on what we were allowed to say and what advice we would be allowed to give. You determined what reality is before coming to our site, then attempted to bend our rules, experience and knowledge to your liking.

You ask for something that is relatively impossible in today's world, since all land on the planet is either privately owned or owned by a organized government, even that "tribal land" Antony was speaking of. Even the Amazon river Basin is owned by the governments that encompass it and much if it is now reserved for tribal use and protected form dead beats like you, looking for a free ride, spreading diseases and abusing the natives.

We have been here a long time and we have seen it all. I currently participate on several British bushcraft and survival forums and I can honestly say that they contain some of the most obnoxious and ignorant folk that ever walked the Earth. Most do not even know the general laws that apply to squatting in GB and have no clue on the even stricter laws of the rest of the world. Most places do not identify squatters as being real people or having any "rights" to the land they occupy. They will roust you out and burn your shack down without notice.

I would estimate that there are not a half dozen British bushcrafters that could stay alive for 90 days in any real wilderness anywhere on the planet. If your practice has been restricted to GB that is especially true, since hunting/trapping opportunities are almost nonexistent, most of the water is so polluted you can not eat the fish and the only place you can set up a tent is on controlled land usually with fire building restrictions and 75-100 people looking over your shoulder out their caravan windows.

Do what all the other British survivalists do;

1. Sit down and make a list, study the list. Loose the list and start another. Most British forums have a special section just for how to make a list. The list is your primary tool.

2. Run to the village shop, or get on the web and order a book. Read half the book and claim expert status because you own the book. Put the book on the shelf and forget you own it.

3. Watch a you-tube video of some other Brit in his back yard testing his knife, Kelty kettle, water bottle or basha. Decide you can do that as well as him, except you do not have a knife, Kelty kettle, water bottle or basha.

4. Put a knife, Kelty kettle, water bottle and basha on your list.

5. Put fresh batteries in your torch. All Brits are scared of the dark and most forums have a special section just about torches and batteries.

6. Get on the internet and start the search for free land you can squat on.

7. Get on the internet and try to find a partner that actually knows something about wilderness living. Usually he/she will not be from GB so start with the American forums. They are uncivilized wilderness dwellers one and all. Tell them exactly what they can recommend, demand they not insult your arrogance then act terribly hurt that someone would pretend to know more than you.

8. Send several really strong posts to those rude and bloody Americans and put them in their place. After all, some of them learned their survival skills from folk that had actually settled wilderness areas, built homesteads, fought in wars and worked their bought and paid for land up to building codes standards and replaced the wilderness with civilization.

9. Put the kettle on, but not the Kelty kettle, it has not arrived from Amazon yet.

10. Send a query to the survival forums in Australia and New Zealand. They will hold you in high regard because your are from GB and they know their place as colonials. Surly there is still free land in OZ!

/slow clap...
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

Best to learn Rugby From South Africans even though technically Britians brainchild of a sport. Its South Africa's religion.

Basically KILL the man with the ball. And when the ref aint looking kill him dead again.

My brother dropped a football scholarship in college when he was introduced to rugby. He loved that game.