Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 100 % going wild

In the near future people will leave to inhabit Mars, might be a good option for you. Land is free and boundless!
    Sir Knife Collectin, Rocket Ridin, Girl Crazy Post
    Hoe of WSF

If we're going there... Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by madmax View Post
    If we're going there... Antarctica
    Watch out for frogmen.......
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by reallygoingwild View Post
    What a smart mouth thanks for your reply bit not answers to question . Maybe ask my background first before u speak was a question for general discussion not for abuse
    You came here looking for expertise, like so many others of your ilk, and gave us orders on what we were allowed to say and what advice we would be allowed to give. You determined what reality is before coming to our site, then attempted to bend our rules, experience and knowledge to your liking.

You ask for something that is relatively impossible in today's world, since all land on the planet is either privately owned or owned by a organized government, even that "tribal land" Antony was speaking of. Even the Amazon river Basin is owned by the governments that encompass it and much if it is now reserved for tribal use and protected form dead beats like you, looking for a free ride, spreading diseases and abusing the natives.

We have been here a long time and we have seen it all. I currently participate on several British bushcraft and survival forums and I can honestly say that they contain some of the most obnoxious and ignorant folk that ever walked the Earth. Most do not even know the general laws that apply to squatting in GB and have no clue on the even stricter laws of the rest of the world. Most places do not identify squatters as being real people or having any "rights" to the land they occupy. They will roust you out and burn your shack down without notice.

I would estimate that there are not a half dozen British bushcrafters that could stay alive for 90 days in any real wilderness anywhere on the planet. If your practice has been restricted to GB that is especially true, since hunting/trapping opportunities are almost nonexistent, most of the water is so polluted you can not eat the fish and the only place you can set up a tent is on controlled land usually with fire building restrictions and 75-100 people looking over your shoulder out their caravan windows.

Do what all the other British survivalists do;

1. Sit down and make a list, study the list. Loose the list and start another. Most British forums have a special section just for how to make a list. The list is your primary tool.

2. Run to the village shop, or get on the web and order a book. Read half the book and claim expert status because you own the book. Put the book on the shelf and forget you own it.

3. Watch a you-tube video of some other Brit in his back yard testing his knife, Kelty kettle, water bottle or basha. Decide you can do that as well as him, except you do not have a knife, Kelty kettle, water bottle or basha.

4. Put a knife, Kelty kettle, water bottle and basha on your list.

5. Put fresh batteries in your torch. All Brits are scared of the dark and most forums have a special section just about torches and batteries.

6. Get on the internet and start the search for free land you can squat on.

7. Get on the internet and try to find a partner that actually knows something about wilderness living. Usually he/she will not be from GB so start with the American forums. They are uncivilized wilderness dwellers one and all. Tell them exactly what they can recommend, demand they not insult your arrogance then act terribly hurt that someone would pretend to know more than you.

8. Send several really strong posts to those rude and bloody Americans and put them in their place. After all, some of them learned their survival skills from folk that had actually settled wilderness areas, built homesteads, fought in wars and worked their bought and paid for land up to building codes standards and replaced the wilderness with civilization.

9. Put the kettle on, but not the Kelty kettle, it has not arrived from Amazon yet.

10. Send a query to the survival forums in Australia and New Zealand. They will hold you in high regard because your are from GB and they know their place as colonials. Surly there is still free land in OZ!
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 02-20-2017 at 03:23 PM.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

That should be a sticky......

Default british hater funny stuff kryatshootet

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    You came here looking for expertise, like so many others of your ilk, and gave us orders on what we were allowed to say and what advice we would be allowed to give. You determined what reality is before coming to our site, then attempted to bend our rules, experience and knowledge to your liking.

You ask for something that is relatively impossible in today's world, since all land on the planet is either privately owned or owned by a organized government, even that "tribal land" Antony was speaking of. Even the Amazon river Basin is owned by the governments that encompass it and much if it is now reserved for tribal use and protected form dead beats like you, looking for a free ride, spreading diseases and abusing the natives.

We have been here a long time and we have seen it all. I currently participate on several British bushcraft and survival forums and I can honestly say that they contain some of the most obnoxious and ignorant folk that ever walked the Earth. Most do not even know the general laws that apply to squatting in GB and have no clue on the even stricter laws of the rest of the world. Most places do not identify squatters as being real people or having any "rights" to the land they occupy. They will roust you out and burn your shack down without notice.

I would estimate that there are not a half dozen British bushcrafters that could stay alive for 90 days in any real wilderness anywhere on the planet. If your practice has been restricted to GB that is especially true, since hunting/trapping opportunities are almost nonexistent, most of the water is so polluted you can not eat the fish and the only place you can set up a tent is on controlled land usually with fire building restrictions and 75-100 people looking over your shoulder out their caravan windows.

Do what all the other British survivalists do;

1. Sit down and make a list, study the list. Loose the list and start another. Most British forums have a special section just for how to make a list. The list is your primary tool.

2. Run to the village shop, or get on the web and order a book. Read half the book and claim expert status because you own the book. Put the book on the shelf and forget you own it.

3. Watch a you-tube video of some other Brit in his back yard testing his knife, Kelty kettle, water bottle or basha. Decide you can do that as well as him, except you do not have a knife, Kelty kettle, water bottle or basha.

4. Put a knife, Kelty kettle, water bottle and basha on your list.

5. Put fresh batteries in your torch. All Brits are scared of the dark and most forums have a special section just about torches and batteries.

6. Get on the internet and start the search for free land you can squat on.

7. Get on the internet and try to find a partner that actually knows something about wilderness living. Usually he/she will not be from GB so start with the American forums. They are uncivilized wilderness dwellers one and all. Tell them exactly what they can recommend, demand they not insult your arrogance then act terribly hurt that someone would pretend to know more than you.

8. Send several really strong posts to those rude and bloody Americans and put them in their place. After all, some of them learned their survival skills from folk that had actually settled wilderness areas, built homesteads, fought in wars and worked their bought and paid for land up to building codes standards and replaced the wilderness with civilization.

9. Put the kettle on, but not the Kelty kettle, it has not arrived from Amazon yet.

10. Send a query to the survival forums in Australia and New Zealand. They will hold you in high regard because your are from GB and they know their place as colonials. Surly there is still free land in OZ!
    Thankyou for you clear hatred towards the british very grown up of u . I am not suprised but pleased that not all people are quite as simple as you . I am already setting up my journey and hàve been planning and taking all advice and courses possible . Luckily my father is ex military and trained me from a young age . Unfortunatly i have not had the luxury of huge incomes hence my limited travel and question asked in first place ? I thought maybe advice of a country to go and dissapear into wild forhowever long my journey takes me would be easy to get from experts like yourself but instead all you do is attack . Smart mouths not needed just advice as only have enough income to do this once in my life. I am not a lazy person and have been doing 80 plus hours a week for last 17 years . This next journey is my and nothing is stopping me im serious almost set and looking at flights this week ! Cant people just be nice and not smart mouthed any nation any person we all the same stop hatred grow up . Be glad to leave this all behind

Any way excited and nervous but my life my choice we shall see how it all works out. Complete disaster possible but happy with that i could have that on way to work tmoz . One life one dream at least my journey was mine

Sounds great nice reply let me know travel plans

Quote Originally Posted by Antonyraison View Post
    Hello and welcome, I am 36 So about your age.
    I just cant fathom there is another one of these OH I just want to give it up all and live in the wild type people.
    Do you have any experience? have you tried going off in the bush for a few days?
    If i where You I would just go out once a month at 1st for 3-4 days at a time and get your skills up and see if this is truly something you would like to do.

Past that I am sure there is many huge space of "no mans" land that you could try... but it comes with a lot of dangers from animals to poachers, etc.

anyway I know of places here in Southern Africa I could drop you off and no-one would be the wiser to your presence.
    Have spent many days / weeks / months living off land and travelling uk was looking abroad but thanks for offer southern afica it is when can u pick me up

Have spent many days / weeks / months living off land and travelling uk was looking abroad but thanks for offer southern afica it is when can u pick me up
    And just like that you accept a random stranger?

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

(BOSWA) ELITE SURVIVAL RANGER - BSR/16/05

It's unbelievable. It truly is. Free loading off land is just well mostly illegal, unless it's no-mans land, or land that is just so remote and so vast no-one would even care you there. I live in a country with 11 official languages, English and Afrikaans are basically my 1st 2 languages (mostly bilingual) and bit of Zulu and a bit of Fanagalo making up the other "languages" I speak. so Safe to say I am English, just not the greatest at grammar and or spelling...
    Freeloading try surviving of land and also not trying to offend im sorry u aint got the balls to do it yourself and offended you

Tic toc.......

Freeloading try surviving of land and also not trying to offend im sorry u aint got the balls to do it yourself and offended you
    I have nothing to prove. Ergo I don't even feel the need to defend whatever alegation you have towards my perceived skills or lack there of.

My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

And just like that you accept

As if i would let you pick me up donut

I have nothing to prove. Ergo I don't even feel the need to defend whatever alegation you have towards my perceived skills or lack there of.

No defense required or attack just advice

Well advise is don't go around calling people donut. Many here have advised to the highly illegal action as have I and the other perceived dangers there of. The only course of action is 2 fold. 1. Buy your own land. 2. Just go and find a land so vast and remote that no-one would be the wiser to your presence.

Quote Originally Posted by madmax View Post
    Love it Antony. Hope to hear from him after attempting "survival" in your "neck of the woods". Hahaha.
    I really think I could do something here. You know, I could drop him off in the drc (democratic Republic of congo) or perhaps in some informal settlement whereby others just squat and free load due to circumstances.. soweto, allexandria perhaps. Mmm I cannot be held responsible if they kidnap him and chop him up for spare parts to be sold in the blackmarket though

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

I really think I could do something here. You know, I could drop him off in the drc (democratic Republic of congo) or perhaps in some informal settlement whereby others just squat and free load due to circumstances.. soweto, allexandria perhaps. Mmm I cannot be held responsible if they kidnap him and chop him up for spare parts to be sold in the blackmarket though

Do you not know of a place where the local folk have a huge black pot filled with veggies in need of a bit of meat, so they can have him over for dinner?

The way this thread has gone is typical for the British survival and woodcraft forums. One of their best tricks is to bash an American using every bit of the sound bite information from the tabloid media. Especially indicating that all Americans are rich and holding them in contempt for that, even though it is not true.

These people are failures in their own social structure, looking for an escape and feeling someone should provide a place for them to prosper. They do not even have the gumption to find their own squat, they expect someone from another country to do it for them.

Failures in GB are failures for the same reason we have failures here in the states; bad decisions, bad manners, lack of education, and pure laziness.

It is not our fault!

We do not owe them anything.

Neither does anyone else, anywhere in the world.
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 02-20-2017 at 07:20 PM.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Not sure what the hell you're wanting us to say? What? Should we tell you it's an awesome idea and we want to join you? Okay let's try this. You say why not ask what SKILLS you have. Cool let's play I'll show you mine, you show me yours. READY??

I have 17 years military background. Between 1977 and 1994 I attended almost every survival based training that the army offered. Including

12 weeks mountain survival school
    10 weeks desert survival training
    22 weeks jungle survival including expert level
    RECONDO
    S.E.R.E
    as well as a couple dozen more 1-2 week classes.

u I have been using, working with and TEACHING medicinal and edible plants for 30+ years. Have intimate knowledge of over 150 plants and am familiar with about 100 more. I spend at least 200 hours a year in the woods PRACTICING my skills from making fire, to building shelters, to getting water and food.

I have paramedic level and above training in emergency medicine INCLUDING wilderness rescue and trauma treatment.

As I said before I teach basic to intermediate preparedness/ survival classes, Plus 50 years of experience in the woods just " roamin and huntin".

Now most people here know me and know at least a good amount of my skills, and know I'm not one to brag or pat myself on the back. The reason I'm doing so is to try to get you to understand, to quote you " freeloading try surviving of land and also not trying to offend im sorry u ain't got the balls to do it yourself and offended you"
    Well I've been there AND done it! Doesn't have a damn thing to do with having the balls!!!

So how about your "skills"???? With my skill level ( and I OWN the land I could do it on LEGALLY!!!) Unless I have to I ain't remotely interested in doing so!!! Sure it's fun to ROTTW from time to time and play mountain man, but as a life style at least in this day and age pretty much impossible. Unless you're independently wealthy. You're going to need an income for the things you can't make, grow yourself.

It's a great dream but almost always has a bad ending. at the least some of us SAR people have to come find you and lead you out of the wilderness, at worse we have to come recover your body ( or what's left of it) to return to your family.

Sorry to burst you bubble but facts are facts.
    If by what I have learned over the years, allow me to help one person to start to prepare. If all the mistakes I have made, let me give one person the wisdom that allows them to save their life or the life of a loved one in an emergency. Then I will truly know that all the work I have done will have been worth every minute.

While it was entertaining for a bit...........

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel