Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 100 % going wild

Default 100 % going wild

Im 35 year old british normal male who worked *** off like everyonr else in world . I have this dream for ages to give all up . I have skills to live off land fish survive and a positive mental attitude . I am in process of selling my personal belongings now and intend to leave the grid in 4 weeks time . Any suggestions on which country i can dissapear two that would be best for long term living wild . Please only serious advice as genuine mind is made up also anyone intrested in joining happy to talk but happy to go alone if not. Im absolutly genuine and understand risk involved but want to go off into wilderness and see where it takes me . Just want serious ideas of where or use of land if someone has from a respectable peacefull man
    Last edited by reallygoingwild; 02-20-2017 at 01:41 AM.

Hunter63 saying Hey and Welcome.......From Wisconsin.
    There is an intro section to say hello at:
    http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...-Introductions

To answer your question...I gonna guess you should start talking with real estate people to procure a location.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Not looking to buy land . Litterally looking to head off into the wilderness i understand risks involved and understand it could be a fatal error . Just want advice on which country or which areas are best from people who may have done in past

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Good luck with that!

It is officially ROTTW season again.

It seems we are overrun with Brits and Canadians wanting to run off to the woods this spring.

All of them are expert outdoorsmen and bushcrafters but none of them know where the he!! they are going!

Seems to me that one package of knowledge would follow the other.

What happened to that girl that was here last week trying to run off to Scotland? You should look her up and make a plan.

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...and-to-Live-On
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 02-20-2017 at 01:51 AM.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Quote Originally Posted by reallygoingwild View Post
    Not looking to buy land . Litterally looking to head off into the wilderness i understand risks involved and understand it could be a fatal error . Just want advice on which country or which areas are best from people who may have done in past
    Sooooo... You planing on just squatting on some ones elses land?....
    You are looking for "Serious answers"....You need to ask "Serious questions...."

Lots of room in Siberia......They may even allow you to head off....watch those borders, most folks are a bit picking on on refugees these days.
    Would have better to have a travel plans.....

Good luck.

Hello and welcome, I am 36 So about your age.
    I just cant fathom there is another one of these OH I just want to give it up all and live in the wild type people.
    Do you have any experience? have you tried going off in the bush for a few days?
    If i where You I would just go out once a month at 1st for 3-4 days at a time and get your skills up and see if this is truly something you would like to do.

Past that I am sure there is many huge space of "no mans" land that you could try... but it comes with a lot of dangers from animals to poachers, etc.

anyway I know of places here in Southern Africa I could drop you off and no-one would be the wiser to your presence.
    Last edited by Antonyraison; 02-20-2017 at 03:59 AM.
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

(BOSWA) ELITE SURVIVAL RANGER - BSR/16/05

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

I think this is the third one this week.

One from Canada and two from England, all looking for free land where no one will ever tell them hat to do, send them a bill or a tax accounting.

I can understand the misguided English, they just don't know any better, but I am still wondering why that Canadian, living in an area where there are less than two people per square mile, can not find an isolated place to pitch a tent.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    I think this is the third one this week.

One from Canada and two from England, all looking for free land where no one will ever tell them hat to do, send them a bill or a tax accounting.

I can understand the misguided English, they just don't know any better, but I am still wondering why that Canadian, living in an area where there are less than two people per square mile, can not find an isolated place to pitch a tent.
    It's unbelievable. It truly is. Free loading off land is just well mostly illegal, unless it's no-mans land, or land that is just so remote and so vast no-one would even care you there. I live in a country with 11 official languages, English and Afrikaans are basically my 1st 2 languages (mostly bilingual) and bit of Zulu and a bit of Fanagalo making up the other "languages" I speak. so Safe to say I am English, just not the greatest at grammar and or spelling...
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

You should find that guy that hiked from Canada to South America. I'll bet he knows.

What you are asking is illegal in most places and dangerous (you evidently know that). I will not offer advice for either of those endeavors since it seems that your mind is already made up. Good luck with that.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

the amazon river basin
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

I am just awaiting to hear back from everyone else that sought out to do this?
    no feed back no pics? no updates.

anyway most dont choose the hobo life... it happens by circumstance. SO I guess you can say the hobo life chooses you.

IF they actually go do this and want to reenter society, how do they do that?

Hi! I've been living in the wilderness for a few years and found out it sucks. Will you give me a job? No no, I'll stick around this time. Do you know any single ladies?

What a smart mouth thanks for your reply bit not answers to question . Maybe ask my background first before u speak was a question for general discussion not for abuse

Well gee whiz. You're asking for info on how to squat on land that doesn't belong to you.

What a smart mouth thanks for your reply bit not answers to question . Maybe ask my background first before u speak was a question for general discussion not for abuse
    actually I already did ask, and provided advice.
    These types of posts come up here all the time, You will see a member join post some random ramblings about trying to go off into the wild and free load, no other info is supplied,etc... gets very tiresome to answer these requests when its clear the OP has no intent on actually going through with any of it. The Best thing to do IS buy your own land. We always state this.

as for places, I have heard from people here in Southern africa on the following:
    a drifter hobo whom walked from Durban to mntunzini along the cost in a few days, in between those locations are vast wetlands, and even going further past mntunzini there is then Richards bay, then st. lucia, and then kozi bay.. a huge wet land area, that is not very well populated by people, but very well populated by hippos and crocodiles, gaboon addars,etc. Very vast protect wetland area.. you could go there, but you likely be picked up by the natal parksboard or anti-rhino poachers,etc. But mostly unpopulated uninhabited spaces that no-one can develop.

Then down near Rhodes, Barkley East. Eastern cape region, just out side the very small town you will find huge huge farms that no-one really stays there and is 60km from any small town, an area in the mountains that only cattle herder seasonally take out cattle there, otherwise untouched for over 200 years.

then on my last trip there is a nature reserve called Witvinger nature Reserve in limpopo, that is next to a neighboring farm I stayed on.. the owner informs me that 99% of time no-one goes there and when they do, its only 3 people. Its a huge area, that is mostly unused, no-one would know you there.

then we have another area called valley of 1000 hills in Natal.
    That area is sooo huge, you probably would not even be noticed.
    Then In Namibia there is the skeleton coast, no-one absolutely no-one stays there.

Just a few to mention... there are huge huge spaces of land here wild, that well no-one would care to find you cause the areas are far too remote and far to dangerous to care.

Come to think of it down in very rural remote wild areas of Natal I have actually been to there are people there that have never even seen a white person..they operate on tribal laws, and u could likely talk to a chief or bribe him with many many many heads of cattle for a huge space and no-one would see you.

These are a few of the places I could think of...
    Last edited by Antonyraison; 02-20-2017 at 10:15 AM.

Love it Antony. Hope to hear from him after attempting "survival" in your "neck of the woods". Hahaha.

You CAME here....Why should we ASK?....That's on you.
    What did you what?.... everyone to just jump and tell you "How that's so cool,... basazz thing to do...so brave and manly....everyone should look at me.

Maybe enlighten us on a little or YOUR background...????
    Your OP was a very light on details.

So here is the deal, .....as long as you are getting your knickers in a knot.......
    WE all try to help with any reasonable request for aid.....information....Way of avoiding laws?...or invitations to our areas....No?

Other than that....I/We really don't care.....
    You don't have to join a forum to tell the world what you want to do......Just do it...The tell us how it went....If you survive.

My advice is to find a few other forums to troll.....I won't waste my time with you.
    Last edited by hunter63; 02-20-2017 at 12:58 PM.

I will give you a serious answer. Siberia.

Even Northern Canada won't give you what you want. There might be some places in Africa that can accommodate, but I am not sure. Central Australia might, but it also might be owned by cattle ranchers.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee