Thread: my new ( to me) toy

Default my new ( to me) toy

I've been kicking around the idea of a striker fired handgun. ran across what i thought was a pretty good deal. A S&W 40 cal for 250.00 and tax. took it to the range, ran a box of cheap stuff through her, functioned great, grouping wasn't as tight as my 1911 but I think I can get there if I shot it as much as I do my 1911.
    Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

nice one, seems like a decent price too
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

I've been carrying that same Sigma 40 cal (added a green laser) for several years. I've got a few thousand rounds through it and am still very happy with it.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

I thought about the Sigma for a while, then passed on it and ran into a good deal on a S&W M&P in .40. Same general principle but with a better trigger on the M&P.

I know several people that are using the Sigma with good results. I know Natertot has been carrying one as his duty pistol for years.

I hope it works out for you. I am told they smooth out with use.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Looks like a deal to me, for the money.... congrats....

Have a Sigma 9mm......been using for a "Night stand piece"......considered swapping it out the with the LCR in the truck.....Just some thing telling me to leave things as is.....

Got the Sigma as a trade, many people told me it was POS...but have sent reloads and well a FMJ, HP down the pipe with out issue.....So I guess the Sigma didn't know it was a POS.
    Big complaint was trigger...can't say..... Doesn't seem to make a difference sticking my arm around the door jam and letting fly 6-8 rounds....
    Didn't buy it for 3" groups at 100 yds.

Have a old Ruger P-85 that weighs 20 pounds, ( feels like it) don't like carrying it at all..so make more sense to switch with the Sigma.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I did have my gunsmith do a trigger job on mine. Smooth as silk.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

To me this trigger is smooth. I was actually surprised at how comfortable it felt in my hand.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

As Kyrat said, I have one and it has been in service as a duty pistol everyday for over seven years. Mine came with five mags and I had a spring replaced to lower the trigger pull weight. $330 out the door for everything. Seven years and about 6k rounds later, it still looks almost new and functions great. My opinion is that the sigma is the best value per dollar when it comes to full size pistols.
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

I am very happy with my decision to purchase this one! Took it back to the range, put a few hundred rounds through it, a mixture of fmj, hollow point, some reloads, and she spit everything down range and ejected without a flaw.
    Having an issue with a S&W magazine I just bought, when I get 10 rounds in it , it rattles like crazy, rounds 11 through 14 have to be loaded with a loader can't hand load way too tight. Gun shop won't exchange said I have to contact Smith and Wesson. So there was a waste of 40 bucks

All those mags that hold more than 10 rds get very tight. I use an Uplula mag loader to save my fingers.
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

I can force the last few rounds into my M&P .40 but it is difficult.

And it is not just a .40 problem or a S&W problem. I have a CZ75 that holds 17 rounds and requires a loading tool for the last half of the magazine. Same with my 15 shot Ruger. I have a large capacity .45 that requires a hydraulic press for the last three rounds.

That is why they include the loading tool in the box with the pistol. The first thing that gets lost is the mag loading tool so it is never passed on with the used gun.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?