Thread: leather working question

Default leather working question

I'm making my first holster, so I stained it dark brown( turned out black) lol, that's ok. Anyhoo now that it dried it's hard like kydex, the flap may crack rather than fold. I'm thinking that it needs a good dose of neatsfoot oil t lest on the flap and belt loop. Any thoughts?
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

Possibly - so you have the raw pieces and they are stained black ...

Here watch this wet forming

“There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag … We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language … and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

thanks for the vid, my puter is slow most of the time. I'll watch it in the morning.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

Also- keep in mind I have made handbags, belts, hundreds of objects when Tandy was popular. Do not expect a winning holster on your first try. I too made many mistakes. I eventually quit and sent the entire tool kit to relatives in Scotland.

let the video load over night.
    “There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag … We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language … and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

I am in process of molding a bargin bin holster to fit the new Ruger....so far that has been working for me....but is taking time.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

If the leather is dried and may crack, then yes - neatsfoot oil will work well.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel