Thread: What are you working on?

Default What are you working on?

Hello folks,
    a week or two ago I started making a new knife, but unfortunately I got ill recently so I can't get to my workroom now. I'm kinda bored and also can't wait to continue working on my knife. I was wondering if you have also something in progress so I can look forward to some nice photos. Thanks for answers.

Collapsing chairs for rendezvous and such.
    Leather fire kit pouch.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Making holsters. Ugly but functional. I wore one today and the gun did not fall out so I am calling it a success.

Doing an AR build with the accompanying wonderment of why all the parts are out of stock, or why what I want costs double.

Working on a .32 muzzle loader. Can't seem to get my heart into it.

Pacing the floor waiting for the people in China to send me stuff on the brown truck.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Speaking of knives....have a Mora #1...red wood handle....
    Dogs chewed it up....sanded it down to get the sharp splinters off.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Now pretty small...

I appears it is glued on....so contemplating it's removal, and dig around in my geefaw/pieces-parts box for some thing to make a new handle.
    Had some antlers around here somewhere....or maybe cherry wood.....

As they say in the southland "I'm Fixin'" on it.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

That Mora should have a rat tail tang with a small bolt on the end. All of my #1 models do.

If not tape the blade and split the handle off with a chisel. Then just drill a hole in the antler, fill it with JB Weld and stick the antler on.

I have one I did with a bone handle and poured pewter guard and pommel.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

You probably paid more for the pewter than the Mora. But that's what makes projects so dang much fun.

I've been working on holster as well. here it is, it's for my stevens tip up, next one in line is a british bulldog. Have some dye coming and some brass studs

so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

@Hunter: Wow, looks like your dogs have had a lot of fun . I like antler handles, hope it'll turn out well.
    @Randyt: They look very nice, I must make some knife sheaths one day. I just have to figure out where to get the leather.
    By the way, I've made this little blowgun today.
    The tube is from drinking straw and arrows are made of thin wooden sticks with needle heads and turkey/parrot feathers. It is literally harmless but great fun nonetheless. I'm planning to make a bigger one once Im fit again.
    Last edited by Karambit; 02-08-2017 at 07:23 PM.

Looks good Randy.....like that style.

Speaking of holsters.....had a got a holster at a show in a bargain bin....red died leather......I think it was for a old Remington cap&ball but looked new.

It's long and looked like it would fit the new Ruger .327 mag. has a 7-1/2 barrel...but was really stiff.
    Rubbed it down with Neat's Foot...and even dumped some down inside....let it soak and poured it out.

Couple of clamps to kind of squeeze it open a bit... and a couple of days, rubbing it down....starting to fit real nice...
    Looks good with the red leather and walnut grips and stainless Ruger.

Guess I need a pic...
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

thanks for the comments, it's looking a bit better now. I've sanded the edges and stitched up the side. It will look better once it is dyed brown. It reminds me of a 1860 colt cavalry holster.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?