Thread: Slingshot Quick Draw

Makery and Mischief

Default Slingshot Quick Draw

Slingshot Quick Draw Video Link>>https://youtu.be/q9sFF61kXII

In todays practice sessions to beat the Guinness world record with a slingshot I decided to work on my mix it up and work on my Quick draw as I have seen pfShooter do. The man is fast and can shoot quarters out of the air. I have been following pfshooter on YouTube since my return from histories alone show in Patagonia. His speed and accuracy is uncanny and has inspired me to adopt part of his methodology to increase my speed and aid me in my journey to beat the Guinness world record with a slingshot. I feel I made significant headway despite the cold in my slingshot quick draw like pfshooter video. Enjoy and click the link below to see how fast he really is by going to his Channel.

Link to Pfshooter's Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/pfshooter
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks for that video!

I could never shoot that fast.

Some years ago while visiting my dad for a couple weeks out in the middle of no where, my brother and I decided to fight boredom by purchasing a couple of wrist rocket slingshots. At that time marbles were our favorite ammo. Not big marbles but those that were normal sized, about 5/8" diameter.

The marbles fit nicely in the pocket and were extremely effective. We set up a card table out in the back yard and at first used empty beer cans that were strewn around the ranch. After beer cans, we found pop bottles which were also plentiful much more fun to hit. We would set up a row of 5 or 6 bottles and left to right we would have contests to see who could bust the bottle first. This practice taught us how controlling each shot to make it count became more and more effective.

The secret was, as in shooting a bow, consistency in each and every "draw'. The perfect placement of your drawing hand to the exact spot on your cheek time after time was critical in improving accuracy. Your "release" is just as critical as well as follow through.

This all sounds to involved for just a slingshot but I can tell you Zach, that I could consistently knock a bird's head right off his shoulder time after time . . .. or a squirrel and perhaps a duck.

Jump ahead 20 years and I picked up a wrist rocket and I could tell in the first draw that placement, release and follow through had not left nor forgotten. I was sure in a couple days practice, I could have been just as accurate as I was 20 years previous.

After seeing that fox on the episode of Alone, I am sure I could have hit the thing in the head (as long as I could see its silhouette) and bagged it. I do not know the velocity, speed and mass etc of a marble but I am sure I could search for this on the 'net.

Just as any skill learned, practice makes perfect.

bet he wished he'd taken a gillnet or hammock instead. :-) Anyone who, with tape, cordage, saw and multitool, can't make a very servicable bow and several (blunt) arrows in half a day definitely doesn't belong on the Alone show.
    Last edited by incide; 04-14-2017 at 10:29 AM.

Bet it didn't matter since he walked away with half a mill from that show. Zach was the winner.