Thread: DIY Fowler's Wood Water Bottle on Alone (Bushmen's Water Bottle)

Makery and Mischief

Default DIY Fowler's Wood Water Bottle on Alone (Bushmen's Water Bottle)

This is a DIY all about the wood water bottle Aka "Bushmen's Water Bottle" i made on History's Alone season 3 you see me drinking out of in like the 3 or 4 episode. I will show how to make a wood water bottle like i made on Alone while i was out there in Patagonia. And at the end we will see how much the wood water bottle i just made holds and how much the wood water bottle i made on History's Alone holds. So when this is over you will have the knowledge you need to DIY get out there to build your own Bushmen's Water Bottle. And you will be on step closer to surviving the wild!!!

Video Link >>>https://youtu.be/bqpx8SwzJ7E
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice vid. I hadn't thought about the can opener gouge. How did you cup it?

Also, any thoughts on building a garvey boat?

Hello? He probably has a half million other things to do. Lol

very cool.
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

(BOSWA) ELITE SURVIVAL RANGER - BSR/16/05

Makery and Mischief

I heated the can opener up with a torch and forged it with a small ball pain hammer. Then I heated up again and dipped it in oil to temporary little bit. Gravy boat A? I did start a holiday boat while I was out there but it was too big to carveout so I brought it home to finish. When I say holiday bow I mean Little boat thing with three compartments for all olives, pickles and relish. The best wood for making anything food related is always going to be fruitwood.

Thanks. I really like the gouge idea.
    I was referring to the Ben Garvey boat design. It seems doable for a novice with basic tools. Thx

Makery and Mischief

Quote Originally Posted by rebel View Post
    Thanks. I really like the gouge idea.
    I was referring to the Ben Garvey boat design. It seems doable for a novice with basic tools. Thx
    LOL gravy boat LOL Garvey Boat a don't know looks like a solid and easy versatile boat to build. Was thinking of something with that kind a hull shape for myself someday just to play around with on the Lake. Pretty much everything I've ever dealt with is sailboats but I really don't care for sailing it was just the coolest thing to build out of wood at the time and got sucked into it for almost 20 years now.

IMG_0784.JPG for some reason I'm drawn to this Garvey houseboat like a bug is to a light.