Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for a homesteading mentor

Plenty of wilderness in Texas and Florida swamps. Been there and seen it. Just more of it in Alaska.
    Wilderness Survival:
    Surviving a temporary situation where you're lost in the wilderness

Such bravado. He knew us so well. He sure didn't last long....for a survivor. One more troll bites the dust.

WEll, now it looks like we are going to perish wandering about in the wilderness of the North or die a slow death at the hands of modern medicine...

Thanks guys...

Alan

Well it might not be a good idea when these people blatantly describe themselves as trolls.

Just a thought.

I love it when someone reads a book, proclaims how the world should be then labels everyone else pseudoexperts. One more basement dweller notched on my katana.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

H63 would have loved another good troll toss.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

The guy was an amateur. The best Trolls don't have to tell tell anyone they're a Troll.

Of course if you see a Piper Cub with Alaska plates circling your house later......

Alan

You know he's been tossed from more than one forum when he proclaims forums "devolve into good ole boy clubs". The whole world is wrong but him.

id never do any of those documentarys or tv shows on account i don't want my face or where i live all over the tv or in the news paper.think opsec.
    Preparation through education is less costly than learning through tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    You know he's been tossed from more than one forum when he proclaims forums "devolve into good ole boy clubs". The whole world is wrong but him.
    Yep...........
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I would do a reality show, but only for the money. Of course, folks would likely switch channels to the home shopping network within five min of the first episode....

I don't know how much interest there is in watching a fat guy on diuretics work around the house. But, it's reality!

Alan

Only television would gather a group of people together (who don't know each other), put them on an island, have them vote on who leaves, give the last one cash, and call it "Reality".
    "The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play." Capt. James T. Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by slide95 View Post
    People need to know where you live, how big the farm is, where they'll be sleeping etc. Some photos would help. I would want to know how much the farm has earned in the past few years or the last time it was in full production. You're offering a big percentage, but of what ? If a portion of the land will be transferred eventually, what is the land worth today. These questions may be a bit invasive, but the better applicants will want details. Good luck.
    But it jumps out to me that you left out one basic piece that somebody will want to know before they even pick up the telephone: money. I imagine if you were offering to pay somebody, then you'd have said so. So this is an unpaid apprenticeship? Everybody needs a little money, no matter how thoroughly independent you are (even Pa Ingalls bought salt and coffee, right?). So your apprentices will need a city job, too? Or is it something else, like a profit-share arrangement? You mentioned "make a living with the farm," so that suggests you all produce something that you sell, right? There's money coming in to the farm; is your apprentice getting any of that?