Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a homesteading mentor

Default Looking for a homesteading mentor

My name is Andrea and I'm developing a documentary series about homesteading. We’re looking for landowners that have built a unique or special homestead, who want to pass along their expertise to the next generation—while finding someone they trust to help on their homestead. A highly respected documentary-based TV Channel is looking to place new, but capable homesteaders with an experienced landowner who can act as a mentor to them. If you want to make sure this way of life is preserved by passing your wisdom along, please email us today for more information.*

Please email me today with your name, contact info, location and a description of your situation.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thank you for posting. I wish you luck with your search. By the way, try a tweet post without the F word. It is not professional and says something quite negative about you. But good luck.

Good luck......
    I'm not available...still waiting for the original "Survivor Show" to call me.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

People need to know where you live, how big the farm is, where they'll be sleeping etc. Some photos would help. I would want to know how much the farm has earned in the past few years or the last time it was in full production. You're offering a big percentage, but of what ? If a portion of the land will be transferred eventually, what is the land worth today. These questions may be a bit invasive, but the better applicants will want details. Good luck.
    Last edited by slide95; 03-12-2019 at 01:52 PM.

Banned

So....what is the catch here? Reality tv show type coverage...we haul these people all over Alaska, they film over-dramatized living situations. I hope this fad wears out soon.

You guys didn't really read the original post or when it was posted did you?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    You guys didn't really read the original post or when it was posted did you?
    Where is the follow up to the original post? The no-name, super accredited documentary company...Looks-sounds like it was a scam. So we can’t comment on old post on this site? There aren’t very many new post to comment on, are there? You going to pop up and remind us when we are commenting on an old post? Is that your job here?

Don't be snotty. Documentary companies post on here all the time as they do other forums. They seldom follow up just seeding the internet with their adverts. We allow it because members may be interested and the documentary companies often offer some form of payment so there is a benefit to members. Asking questions of one, especially on a two year old post, is not going to yield any answers.

Yup, just like any job ad. If you can't read the ad and follow the specific instructions, you aren't the person they are looking for.
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

Quote Originally Posted by Pipercub View Post
    Where is the follow up to the original post? The no-name, super accredited documentary company...Looks-sounds like it was a scam. So we can’t comment on old post on this site? There aren’t very many new post to comment on, are there? You going to pop up and remind us when we are commenting on an old post? Is that your job here?
    Well, with that attitude I think I will make it my job. Sometimes we get new members that make being here so much fun. Then again, sometimes we get new members that make being here a pain in the butt. You get to decide which one of those you are going to be.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Always adding to your job description... You're gonna have to hit Rick up for a raise!

Alan

Banned

Yeah keep working at it pal...you could be at 50,000 post before you know it! Woo-who what an accomplishment....

Tic Tock....
    Wilderness Survival:
    Surviving a temporary situation where you're lost in the wilderness

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by pete lynch View Post
    Tic Tock....
    My sentiments exactly! Except Crash usually ignores the personal abuse and waits until someone insults another member before he pushes the button.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Pipercub, I am giving you fair warning. With your attitude you will not last much longer. We do not make things personal around here. You are welcome to take exception to content but not to people.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Pipercub, I am giving you fair warning. With your attitude you will not last much longer. We do not make things personal around here. You are welcome to take exception to content but not to people.
    You know Rick, you may want to re-read a couple of those post from your pals, before you make that statement about not making things personal. Either way, makes no difference to me what you do. So many of these sites of pseudo-experts, devolve into good-ole-boy clubs...

You came out swinging on post 7. It didn't get personal before that. And you should be the one to talk about pseudoexperts. You read a book about eating healthy and started spouting about how medical science is a scam. Good for you.

Good lord. If we are nothing more than a good-ole-boy club of pseudo-experts then why go to the trouble of logging in and spending time here? No need to announce a departure (I'm sure you would agree that that is just childish).
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

We've been found out.... whadda we do now boss?

Alan

Banned

I’m on here to get you wilderness experts riled up. Lots of wilderness out there in the Florida swamp, Indiana whatever and the vast wilderness of Texas, maybe there was some wilderness there back 120 - 130 years ago. It isn’t wilderness when you can just walk out to the nearest road or cell tower and call it a day. The lower 48 is pretty tame when it comes to wilderness survival. You guys wouldn’t last a week in the North Country, the Natives would probably take pity on you and bail you out though, they are used to bailing out chechakos...