Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Geezer alert.....

No, no. Never submit, never give up, never surrender!

But I do like leather......
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingTree View Post
    Ya know...I can "figure out" all this new tech stuff and use it, but I just have a violent aversion to it. God, why do I want to screw around with all that crap?! I'd spend the majority of my time my whole life constantly using it, adjusting my settings, updating, and then using it some more. And all for no real point. It all seems so bizarre to me. With exceptions that're the minority of functions, people aren't really doing anything. It's like some big sucker scam. I mean...it's a serious question...what are they all really doing?? Eeww...it even feels offensive in some way.
    Just to clarify in case I need to, and we've already touched upon this elsewhere like in a discussion over "what's primitive"...There are practical and beneficial uses of our latest newfangled tech. Of course there are. There always is. But there is some kind of threshold that many people have crossed which has led into some bizarre realm. Forget discussing the various uses of electronics, but there is a lot of time consistently spent just maintaining these things...adjust settings, updating, etc. That's the part that is really a trip. Just on my laptop, if I were to let myself get sucked into it too much, I'd quite frequently be spending an hour at a time doing things oriented towards changing some setting for something...just so I can do a particular little thing which itself takes and is worth about 20 seconds. That's crazy. And I mean some little something that isn't all that important versus someone getting some compass app set up so that they can use it often.

And then as far as uses goes...I see people everywhere spending their whole lives just playing with stuff like looking at all of the posts on someone's facebook wall or searching for songs or vids that themselves aren't worth any sane person's time.

Just the other morning I saw on the news about how children's eyes are aging rapidly and their vision is going bad...failing vision tests in a bad way...because they spend so much time looking at a mobile device. And it was several years ago when I saw something else telling about how children's development is being greatly stunted in bad ways because they're not getting tactile interaction with the real world, spending so much time in the virtual world.
    The pessimist complains about the wind;
    The optimist expects it to change;
    The realist adjusts the sails.

- William Arthur Ward

Heard this one today.....
    When a skinny Geezer graduates from Judo Class....they get Black Spenders...not a belt.....
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

i'm just a young geezer not like some of you old geezers around here.
    coyotes listen to them, like children of the night what music they make.

Time for some Geezer comments...been awhile.
    Got this today...

Ramblings of an Old Mind

I found this timely, because today I was in a store that sells sunglasses, and only sunglasses. A young lady walks over to me and asks, "What brings you in today?"
    I looked at her, and said, "I'm interested in buying a refrigerator.” She didn't quite know how to respond.

Am I getting to be that age?

I was thinking about how a status symbol of today is those cell phones that everyone has clipped onto their belt or purse I can't afford one. So I'm wearing my garage door opener.

I was thinking about old age and decided that old age is when you still have something on the ball, but you are just too tired to bounce it.

I thought about making a fitness movie for folks my age and calling it 'Pumping Rust.'

When people see a cat's litter box they always say, “Oh, have you got a cat?” Just once I want to say, “No, it's for company!”

Employment application blanks always ask who is to be called in case of an emergency. I think you should write,‘An ambulance.'

The older you get the tougher it is to lose weight because by then your body and your fat have gotten to be really good friends.

The easiest way to find something lost around the house is to buy a replacement.

Did you ever notice: The Roman Numerals for forty (40) are XL.

The sole purpose of a child's middle name is so he can tell when he's really in trouble..

Did you ever notice: When you put the 2 words ' The' and ' IRS ' together it spells 'Theirs...'

Aging: Eventually you will reach a point when you stop lying about your age and start bragging about it.

Some people try to turn back their "odometers." Not me. I want people to know 'why' I look this way. I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved.

You know you are getting old when everything either dries up or leaks.

Ah! Being young is beautiful but being old is comfortable.

Lord, keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

May you always have Love to Share, Cash to Spare, And Friends who Care.

The easiest way to find something lost around the house is to buy a replacement.
    Truer words have never been spoken.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

True story. Yesterday, after surviving San Antonio traffic long enough to get to Home Depot, I got a basket and was ready for a leisurely stroll around the store doing some impulse buying and not having to dodge speeding cars.

I was pushing the basket down the main isle by the weed eaters and I guess I just got lost in the moment as I looked down the rows of Weedeaters. The basket came to a sudden and complete halt and I crumpled over the handle with a resounding "Ooooof!" Someone had placed a one foot square steel column from floor to ceiling right where I was walking. This young woman came over and said, "are you alright?" I said, "Well, I was until somebody put this damn steel column in front of me, but thank you for asking". She laughed and walked away.

The really odd part was that I did not feel the slightest bit embarrassed….

Alan

Bhohahaha....She would have hit it, while texting on her phone.....and was assuming you did as well.....

I thought I was pretty good at anticipating what my 98 pound sheapard was going to do. We stopped at a KOA campground. They had a big metal chicken decoration. The next thing I know is the dog taking off and dragging me into the chicken. I knocked it over like a linebacker. The whole campground was laughing. I went out later for the mandatory dog walk and they couldn't look at me without laughing. The wife even laughed. It wasn't that funny. The dang chicken kicked my a$$.

Yeah, but your dog still thinks you are a hero for rescuing him from the giant, metal, dog eating bird.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

You know they paid your dog to do that, right?

I got put down by a rabbit once - and I wasn't even old yet. I can feel for you.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Bump........

You know you are getting to Geezer hood when you flip phone bill shows up all in.

Big Print

Like maybe you can't hear it?

Heck!!!!!!!!!!!!! How do I get that big print bill?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Bump........

You know you are getting to Geezer hood when you flip phone bill shows up all in.

Big Print

Like maybe you can't hear it?
    You know you are a geezer if you still have a flip phone!
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    You know you are a geezer if you still have a flip phone!

LOL caught that...huh?

Smartphone uses get their bill on-line...or is normal print....

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    LOL caught that...huh?

Smartphone uses get their bill on-line...or is normal print....
    Tracfone just sends me a text when my phones( 1 smart and 1 flip) need feeding.
    Wilderness Survival:
    Surviving a temporary situation where you're lost in the wilderness

My old phone died and I had to get a new one. This thing is like carrying a TV around compared to the old one. And I found a way to make the text bigger. Yippeee! I can almost see it!

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    My old phone died and I had to get a new one. This thing is like carrying a TV around compared to the old one. And I found a way to make the text bigger. Yippeee! I can almost see it!
    The problem is....when you make the text big to see..... it it takes 1/2 hour to page thru...H--------E--------L---------L---------O
    Then you forget who called....and don't feel like going back and starting over....

You know it isn't a love note....so you don't really care...

The truth is it is usually from the kids. It always starts off something like. Dad...Can you loan me.....Like they ever pay it back. Pfffft.