Thread: Looking for waist packs with integrated knife sheath.

Default Looking for waist packs with integrated knife sheath.

Several years ago I took a bushcrafting course. One of the other students had a waist pack (fanny pack) that had a sheath for his fixed blade built into it. I've been looking for one, but no matter how I google it, I can't find what I'm looking for. The closest is something to stick a folder in.
    I'm looking for something that will fit my Benchmade Bushcrafter in, horizontally as I use a sheath now that mounts on my belt in a scout position.
    I'm not looking for anything huge, large enough to fit maybe a couple energy bars, lighter, folded map, compass, few feet of paracord, etc. Everything else I put in rucksack, but if I need to go off on my own, or if I'm going on a day hike or something that I don't want or need to carry a whole rucksack.

And suggestions where to look is appreciated.
    Cheers.

Hunter63 saying Hey and Welcome....From Wisconsin.
    There is an intro section to say Hello at:
    http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...-Introductions

Use a fanny pack as my hunting pack....but attached the sheath for small knife and small ax myself.
    Scout carry I have seen on belts (horizontal?)...not the pack itself.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I haven't seen anything like you are describing. I have seen (and used) a horizontal draw sheath on the belt of the waist bag or a molle attachment on the bag itself.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

You are going to stab yourself in the butt!

You will find that it may be easier to install the sheath on the butt pack yourself, but I can not imagine how it would work. The knife and the pack section will be fighting for the same space.

Most modern makers provide numerous grommet holes and lashing points just for these situations. I have a couple of knives that sport horizontal as well as vertical belt loops to assist these efforts.

Soooo you might find it easier to acquire a new sheath rather than trying to find a pack that has a built in space for a specific knife. A pack manufacturer can not make an application for every knife on the marker, and they especially can not do so for an item that has minimal sales already, and butt packs are not the best sellers in anyone's inventory.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

The ax/knife sheath I added to the fanny pack is not a primary belt knife.....carry the primary on my belt.
    If that the only knife you have....lose the fanny pack, lose the knife.

I had used the fanny pack to keep my deer hunting "back tag" visible on my coat (was requited in out state until last year" rather than a shoulder or back pack.
    As of late I carry the fanny pack inside a shoulder bag.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

One post, no introduction, nothing on the profile and a query for a very specialized piece of gear.

What you want to bet he returns after finding exactly what he wants and has a link to a website?
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Well...Bunky.....JUST happened to have one of those available?
    ......I agree.

There is a good chance your buddy had it custom made. Either he did it himself, or someone else did it. The bushcraft community is rife with custom stuff. If you already have a sheath that mounts on your belt the way you want it... then just buy a molle pouch that is the right size ( and color of course, gotta accessorize) and strap the sucker on over the knife sheath.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee