Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hunted

Default Hunted

The new reality show 'hunted' could be interesting. I caught a preview after the football game. It starts Wednesday evening 8e.

I caught a tiny glimpse of one episode. Seems they're dumb as usual. Having your truck driving sister take you somewhere. Using an atm at a bus station then taking that bus somewhere. Like shooting fish in a barrel for the hunters.
    The pessimist complains about the wind;
    The optimist expects it to change;
    The realist adjusts the sails.

- William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingTree View Post
    I caught a tiny glimpse of one episode. Seems they're dumb as usual. Having your truck driving sister take you somewhere. Using an atm at a bus station then taking that bus somewhere. Like shooting fish in a barrel for the hunters.
    I thought it was going to be a good show!!! I was wrong, I couldn't believe some of the stupid things they did. but... these are just average ( supposedly) people trying to hide out from professionals. goes to show some people have little to no common sense with some of their decisions.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

This is a take off on a BBC show that has cycled several times.

On top of having to follow some pretty lame rules they also have a camera crew with the "participants".

If they can not follow the victims they can follow the camera crew members who will be swapping off shifts on a regular basis.

The problem is they pick sort of regular people to do this.

They need to recruit a bunch of illegal immigrants for this show. Our entire law enforcement system can not find them.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

I get some entertainment from seeing how people think and react.

Bring back "Junk Yard Wars...."
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

I deal with hunted women every day. Not a show I care to watch as the reality is not entertaining.
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

Even some of these reactionary responses are unique.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Bring back "Junk Yard Wars...."
    seriously!
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

I liked the show that use to be on where they hunted people in the wilderness. Yeah they did stupid things on occasion but it was always entertaining! Can't remember the name of that show!
    Sir Knife Collectin, Rocket Ridin, Girl Crazy Post
    Hoe of WSF

The surveillance aspect of the show will be interesting for me. With cameras just about everywhere, what's being monitored. Who's doing it. It could be a learning tool. If this show goes for a second season I bet the following hunted will be wiser.

I kinda like "Person Of Interest"....that had some good old shoot'em ups........LOL
    All the cameras and data out there is kinda scary....some fantasy I sure......
    But What?

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    I kinda like "Person Of Interest"....that had some good old shoot'em ups........LOL
    All the cameras and data out there is kinda scary....some fantasy I sure......
    But What?
    All those type shows are amazing to me.

Complete urban setting. No one ever leaves the center of town, they do not know the suburbs exist, much less the woods.

All the guns are always zeroed and whatever is handed to you never fails to function. Sniper rifles you never saw before are all accurate out to infinity.

No one ever tears the knees out of their pants and no one ever tries to choke anyone to death with their tie.

And if you get beat up you still have all your teeth and the cuts and bruises are healed by the next day. Gunshot wounds never require more than a bandage or a sling for the arm.

1950s cowboy movies set in the city.

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    All those type shows are amazing to me.

Complete urban setting. No one ever leaves the center of town, they do not know the suburbs exist, much less the woods.

All the guns are always zeroed and whatever is handed to you never fails to function. Sniper rifles you never saw before are all accurate out to infinity.

No one ever tears the knees out of their pants and no one ever tries to choke anyone to death with their tie.

And if you get beat up you still have all your teeth and the cuts and bruises are healed by the next day. Gunshot wounds never require more than a bandage or a sling for the arm.

1950s cowboy movies set in the city.
    Bhohahaha......Yup...entertainment....

The current trend is to perform CPR when someone dies. As soon as they are brought back to life they are ready to resume the fight to save the world with no after affects of death getting in the way. Doesn't work that way.....does it Hunter.

They're getting busted through phone calls. By them, friends and family.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    The current trend is to perform CPR when someone dies. As soon as they are brought back to life they are ready to resume the fight to save the world with no after affects of death getting in the way. Doesn't work that way.....does it Hunter.
    It does take the wind out of your sails......but then again you do want to kick some arse but didn't as they still had to button....so just cussed a bunch.......

The neighbor who let the hunters set up their camera in his house and then phoned the hunters when the hunted came home, will need to move. Lol.

The couple who stayed in the swamp were fine. The misses was out of shape. Everything hurt. They left the swamp and got caught. She waddled about a hundred yards and went down.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    We watched Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation. Tom Cruises character (that alone explains it) basically drowns and is given CPR to bring him back. Then he goes straight into a high speed car chase that ends up flipping his car multiple times. He gets out and jumps on a jet bike for a high speed motorcycle chase, which he ends up laying it down at a very fast speed. No leather or helmet, of course. Next scene, no injuries.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by rebel View Post
    They're getting busted through phone calls. By them, friends and family.
    It is a sad bogus show Rebel. I could only watch a few minutes before switching back to sitcom reruns.

It was like watching a combination of Universal Soldier and the Three Stooges.

Trust no one.