Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Strange Raffle ???

Now that's a good looking revolver.

Nice score! I really enjoy my Single 7, had it on my hip yesterday when I went beach combing. For $120 I'd say you came out way ahead. If you reload, try Rim Rock bullets, they are quite accurate in my gun. Hope you enjoy it!
    There ain't too many problems you can't fix with $500 or a 30-06.

Him-"Whats the best knife for survival?"
    Me-"the one that's in your pocket."
    Him-"I don't have one in my pocket."
    Me-"Exactly."

Up date...
    Got it picked up, and headed out to Gander Mountain for some ammo....Closest other than Walmart...

Looked at all sorts on calibers....including .32 S&W, 32 long......and 32 H&R.....No .327 fed mag...

Had to wait a while (not many guys working)and I asked the counter guy....

He and rolled his eyes......leads me over to the .38/.357 Mags.....many brands, bullet weights....Says "Right here....
    I said ..."No. ....I was looking for 327 Federal mag"...

He says. "What?....Well, what ever we have.... is right here."

Hell of a place to start a gun store.....Sheesh...

Seems I need to order some.....

This is based on the Ruger Single 6 frame....smaller than the GP100 frame....

Pic's coming....
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Yeah, it's not a cartridge you can count on anybody to stock. It's not rare though. You shouldn't have any trouble ordering it online for a decent price.

I had a similar experience when looking for some .32 S&W long. The [new] guy handed me a box of 32 auto. That one though they promised to order whether I bought any or not, figuring there are enough old wheel guns chambered for it to justify keeping a few boxes around and still don't have any over 2 months later. And I have a deadline for an internet purchase ban to contend with.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

I had to replace a section of drainage field line courtesy of the phone company. I went to Home Depot and asked where they keep the four inch schedule 30? He shows me four inch schedule 40. When I said that's not schedule 30, he looks at me like I don't know. I finally found it myself.

Congrats! 38 s&w is another hard to find.

If you really can't wait to shoot your new gun, but can't find any of the other .32's, the .32 ACP will work in the Single 7, I've done it. Being a single action there are no extraction issues.

Me-"Exactly."

I have some .32 S&W and .32 H&R mag....as I was shooting them in the Nagant M1895 7 shot revolver until I found the proper ammo for it.
    Shot OK, but cases are slightly smaller, so they expand when fired.

Didn't know you could use the .32 apc .....as that should be a rimless case?

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Didn't know you could use the .32 apc .....as that should be a rimless case?
    You are partially correct, the .32 acp is actually considered semi-rimmed, so its just enough to function in a single action. If put into a double action the extractor star would likely not catch the tiny rim.

Me-"Exactly."

Quote Originally Posted by alaskabushman View Post
    You are partially correct, the .32 acp is actually considered semi-rimmed, so its just enough to function in a single action. If put into a double action the extractor star would likely not catch the tiny rim.
    Cool.....Good to know.

I have a convertible Ruger Blackhawk.....45lc and .45acp....need to change the cylinder as the inside was a ridge to catch the case behind the bullet of the apc....and .45lc won't fit that cylinder.

Ordered 200 rds from Midway.......327 mag.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

The small rim on a .32acp works just fine in a DA revolver. It catches the extractor star with no problem. You do have to tip the muzzle up when you open the cylinder so the empties will fall free and not fall back under the extractor star.

The .32 acp round is sometimes not as accurate in the revolvers of either persuasion due to being .308 caliber rather than the traditional .312.

I have a nice .312 swc mold that solves that problem.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

OK......Like my wheel guns..

Bad pic as I wanted to show size difference...
    Top.........Ruger Super Blackhawk Bisley......44 mag
    Second....Ruger Single Six w/.22mag cylinder
    Third.......Ruger Single Single 7 .327 mag
    Forth.......GP100 .357/.38

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    The small rim on a .32acp works just fine in a DA revolver. It catches the extractor star with no problem. You do have to tip the muzzle up when you open the cylinder so the empties will fall free and not fall back under the extractor star.

The .32 acp round is sometimes not as accurate in the revolvers of either persuasion due to being .308 caliber rather than the traditional .312.

I have a nice .312 swc mold that solves that problem.
    I don't have a DA .327, so I wasn't sure, just erring on the side of caution. The cases do bulge a bit because of the slightly smaller diameter. Similar to a .22lr being fired in a .22 WMR chamber.

What brand mold do you have? I've been kicking around the idea of casting for the .32. The only casting I do is conical bullets for my Old Army. I do have a small melting pot and about 15 pounds of lead.

Me-"Exactly."

Very well rounded collection! A little bit of everything. Your Single Six looks so nice! Mine looks like it got dragged behind a truck for a few miles. Still shoots straight.

Me-"Exactly."

Quote Originally Posted by alaskabushman View Post
    Very well rounded collection! A little bit of everything. Your Single Six looks so nice! Mine looks like it got dragged behind a truck for a few miles. Still shoots straight.
    I have carried that SS, my favorite pack piece, but either carried in a pack or a covered cavalry style holster.......so protected it from a lot of wear and tear.
    Usually never carried on belt...mostly CCW.
    There may or may not be, a few more around not pictured....LOL.....mostly "deployed"....

Gonna have to look for a couple of more holsters.
    Did find one that was new that is long enough for the 7-1/2 barrel..... but the leather is really stiff.(?)...wonder about lanolin ?

I use Lee Aluminum molds as they come WITH the handles for less than a RCBS steel mold with out handles.

Pour for .44mag,... .210gr and .240gr.....45lc (have to look at which molds), .38/.357 ....158.....200 gr.
    The .45 cal Old Army has both round and conical, as does several or the muzzle loader molds.

So looks like I gonna be needing a .couple of the .32 (+/-) molds for this.
    Need to look at dies as well....but check out the .32/20 die set?

I have to recommend this one.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/115...semi-wadcutter

The slugs fall out of the mold at .314 and hold plenty of lube. They might be .001 over bore but they do not produce excessive leading. Accuracy has been good and it makes a beautiful bullet.

I also use a modified version of this one.

http://leeprecision.com/mold-dc-309-120-r.html

I set it up in a Bridgeport mill and brushed off the gas check stepdown many years ago. It falls out right at 100 grains. Being a little undersized it does not shoot as accurately in the revolvers as it should. It does make a good bullet for shooting out of the 30 caliber cartridge adapters in rifles of .308 bore.

I am sure the Lee dies will work fine. I am using an old RCBS die set due to buying it before Lee started making reloading dies. Yep I have had that set a long time.
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 01-29-2017 at 03:02 PM.

That's awesome and a nice bunch of wheelguns...I've been thinking of the .327 federal mag lately but I can't get past the 32-20.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Need to look at dies as well....but check out the .32/20 die set?
    I just picked up a set of Lee .32 H&R Magnum dies, and they work perfectly, plus they come with a shell holder.

https://www.amazon.com/Lee-Precision....32+H%26R+dies

I have the 4 5/8'' Model, so a Triple K holster fit the bill for me, since they had a lefty version.

Me-"Exactly."

Quote Originally Posted by randyt View Post
    That's awesome and a nice bunch of wheelguns...I've been thinking of the .327 federal mag lately but I can't get past the 32-20.
    Yea, all you guys have got me constantly fighting off the urge to buy a .327. I don't need one, that's for sure. In fact I can not think of any reason anyone would need a .327 except for saying they had one.

Ruger chambered the Blackhawk in 30 carbine and it was a fantastic flop! Put a rim around the same case, put it in the Single Six and it is the new hot toy.

I am also fighting off buying a .300 winmag too, and for the same reason. I just absolutely do not need one. Then after I buy one I will have to get another because one is none and two is one.

Of course there are some that would say one AR is enough, or one .308, or that no one needs a half dozen .38 specials.

I might as well start hunting for a good deal. It's a hopeless cause.

I'm good, I'll go with a 32-20 first....Actually there is a police positive that I have my eye on
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?