Thread: Pork loin

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Default Pork loin

Anyone have a favorite seasoning for adding to a pork loin in the dutch oven?

You see what I did there, an Arab in a turban with a pork loin?
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

We use Cavenders a lot.

The Keweenaw Peninsula of upper Michigan, about the middle of the south shore of Lake Superior

If I am not using sour kraut to cook with the pork loin, I rub the loin well with sweet rib rub (no particular brand), and cook , covered, at 200 degrees for two to three hours. Then I drain off any fat from the roasting pan. Next I paint on a thick layer of Sweet Baby Ray's Barbecue Sauce and continue cooking low heat and covered for an hour or one and a half hour. Remove the pan cover, raise temp to 300/315 degrees and cook until meat falls apart (another half hour or so.) I like to serve this with Read's hot German Potato Salad.
    Geezer Squad #2

Here in Oklahoma we have a "Made in Oklahoma" brand of barbecue sauce and dry rub called Head Country. I like the dry rub on pork loins and also on pork shoulders for pulled pork.

https://www.amazon.com/Head-Country-.../dp/B0089YCMQ4

If I don't chose Head Country I go with garlic and lemon pepper. I use Lawrys' Lemon pepper because it is salt free.

For a dry rub I like salt, pepper, garlic, onion powder, brown sugar and cayenne pepper. For a liquid baste I like Sweet Baby Ray's.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

I wound up dusting the loin with garlic and onion powder along with some chili pepper flakes and sliced onions and searing it in a cast iron skillet.

I then moved all of the seared material to a pot with the loin and a cup of water.

Cooked it for half hour and added a pack of frozen peas and a pack of Uncle Ben's wild rice and another cup of water.

Cooked it for another half hour.

The rice soaked up all the water and I had a nice loin on a bed of wild rice.

I will get three or four meals out of this, and it was delicious.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?