Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Return of the Ranger and the Bronco

Default Return of the Ranger and the Bronco

Ford is re-introducing the Ranger in 2019 and the Bronco in 2020. For true!

http://www.ford-trucks.com/articles/...mpaign=content

Both were good vehicles.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

The Ranger, S-10, and Dakoda, earned their place as starter truck, and the Geezer trucks....

"A truck", ....but small enough that if you can't lift much or don't want to help move....yet still get you, your dog, and gear out and about.

Mickey D's parking lot is full of them for morning coffee.....
    Bazinga
    Last edited by hunter63; 01-10-2017 at 10:49 PM.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Real problem is there has been almost a ten year gap between the last small trucks and the next crop and the old models are not going to make it until the next models hit the used truck market.

Used to be you had to worry about "sticker shock" when looking at new cars. Now it overflows to the used truck shopper too.

I want my Nissan Hardbody back!
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Hopefully they will be priced reasonable. 25k to 35K new.

You are correct about sticker shock......
    Looked at a couple of Ford f-150 with a 6....rolling entertainment center....50K....

So when you are looking at a 7 or 8 year note...there is a different way of looking at it.

70 years old, on retirement, can't run all the fancy electronics, argue with Siri, GPS and On Star and don't like Rap.....
    Besides the fact don't know if you can still drive in 7 years ....or need lights as you have a bad time driving at night....and how many kids are gonna fight over it.

In seven years it will probably be illegal for a human to drive! It will all be robots.

hunter63 "70 years old, on retirement, can't run all the fancy electronics, argue with Siri, GPS and On Star and don't like Rap.....
    Besides the fact don't know if you can still drive in 7 years ....or need lights as you have a bad time driving at night".
    I am the same age and am facing the same situation. My GMC S-15 is falling apart, won't make it to 2019!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WY21lmb View Post
    hunter63 "70 years old, on retirement, can't run all the fancy electronics, argue with Siri, GPS and On Star and don't like Rap.....
    Besides the fact don't know if you can still drive in 7 years ....or need lights as you have a bad time driving at night".
    I am the same age and am facing the same situation. My GMC S-15 is falling apart, won't make it to 2019!!!!
    Golden years my butte.......... it's rust I tell ya....

Will be interesting to see the pricing.......
    A decent UTV 4 seater is more than my new 1999 f-150 was.

Wish they would make barebones CJ's again.

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post

I want my Nissan Hardbody back!
    I never met a girl named Nissan.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Ford is re-introducing the Ranger in 2019 and the Bronco in 2020. For true!

http://www.ford-trucks.com/articles/...mpaign=content
    We have had that ford Ranger here in South Africa, already for some time, The guy speaking in the video is correct, its very well selling and I quite like that pickup truck, well we call it a bakkie, for you you may see this as a mid size pickup, to us its quiet a big pickup truck.
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

(BOSWA) ELITE SURVIVAL RANGER - BSR/16/05

Quote Originally Posted by Antonyraison View Post
    We have had that ford Ranger here in South Africa, already for some time, The guy speaking in the video is correct, its very well selling and I quite like that pickup truck, well we call it a bakkie, for you you may see this as a mid size pickup, to us its quiet a big pickup truck.
    What kind of trucks do y'all have there.....?

I'm a Nissan guy, right now I'm driving a '98 Frontier. I get about 23 mpg and the 4x4 is dynamite. Great little trucks.
    I typically get older vehicles that I can buy with cash, since I avoid debt/loans like the plauge. Maybe in 20 years I'll be able to afford one of these new trucks on the used market.
    Last edited by alaskabushman; 01-11-2017 at 01:26 PM.
    There ain't too many problems you can't fix with $500 or a 30-06.

Him-"Whats the best knife for survival?"
    Me-"the one that's in your pocket."
    Him-"I don't have one in my pocket."
    Me-"Exactly."

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    What kind of trucks do y'all have there.....?
    Depends what you talking about, pick up truck (we call it a bakkie) or a truck truck. We generally only have mid sized pickups maybe upto 2ton load capacity and 4lt engines... very scare to see but there is odd f150's which to us are huge as a pickup. We have things from Nissan 1400 bakkie and mazda/ford bakkie which ar 1600s the 1800s 2lts all the way through to 4lts which is about the same wheel base size as a land rover discovery..
    Typical truck here is a hilux from Toyota. Ford rangers,mazda bq50 which is the exact same as a ford ranger.. you either a Toyota bakkie guy or a ford bakkie guy.. each camp thinks their's are better... we have own mazda 2.2 long wheel base bakkie, a ford bantam bakkie 1600 which is basically a mazda 323 or like a ford lazer base.. plenty land rover and range rovers and BMW x6's
    It's rare that people buy anything larger than 3lts cause of feul.. as they might as well pick up a very small truck.
    Basically apart form a ford ranger which quiet a large bakkie, most our bakkies are not larger than a sedan in length
    Last edited by Antonyraison; 01-11-2017 at 01:41 PM.
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

All of the makers still offer the small trucks we once knew for the overseas market.

They claim that the American market will no longer support a really small truck offering.

I do not know where they get that idea from since we are the same nation that needed and bought small trucks for 40 years before the Big Three decided we did not need them any more, and coincidentally began screaming that the big trucks were killing their 'fleet mileage averages".

Over the years I have owned almost all of them, Toyota, Mitsubishi, Datsun before it was Nissan, Nissan after it was Nissan, Ranger, S10. I have also owned several of the SUV offerings that were built on these platforms too, mostly the Jepp Cherokee (still have one now). They all drove great, hauled anything reasonable you could put into them and in the early days, like back in the 1970s, they got fantastic gas mileage. I had a HiLux that got 35mpg.

I always considered it strange that all the small trucks were universally good products. I never owned a lemon and never knew anyone that bought a small truck lemon.

Then the crash requirements came in, emission controls, technical expectations. And then there were the mileage requirements the makers claim they can not meet.

At one time I worked at a place where the boss had a Jag XJ6 with the same engine as my Ranger truck, and the guy that taught across the hall from me had a Taurus with the same block.

The Jag got 26 mpg ad put out 350 horsepower.
    The Taurus got 32 mpg and put out 200 horsepower
    My Ranger got 25 mpg and put out 150 horsepower

It is all in tuning the computer and they get what the manufacturer wants them to get.

By the time a 1919 model is 10 years lad and priced on the used car market where I can afford it I will be 79, and will probably not be driving and if I am I will have nothing to haul. Those days are about over now.

For the past decade I have gotten along pretty well using the SUV to pull the utility trailer and will probably continue to do so. Problem is the Small vehicle market has become dominated by the CVT transmission, and you can burn one of those things out carrying three adults to Windy's for lunch, much less pulling a trailer full of 2x4 lumber.
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 01-11-2017 at 02:18 PM.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

The general consensus here is Americans love love love big trucks and don't own or even know what a small one is. Glad to know it's totally wrong haha.
    Last edited by Antonyraison; 01-11-2017 at 02:51 PM.

My wife and I love big trucks and have had Fords forever. We use them for what they are meant for. Hauling. Mostly our slide-in camper but a given is the relatives and friends that need a big truck for a job and we are it. We don't really mind helping unless we got the "carbon footprint" razz from them in the past. We still help. But with a smirk. lol.

I think they will mess up the lineage of the Ranger and the Bronco.

I love the big trucks too but not many come in to our country and vehicles very expensive and feul.. my family own trucks but also for hauling furniturem..They deal in antique furniture and such.. baseline ford ranger new here is well over 400 000 rand.. incomparison to a 2 bedroom 1 bathroom town house around 700 000 rand

Wow! Another reason to count my blessings.

Drove a Toyota PU.....1972.....6 cyl...had a adjustable carb for octane differences.....got 25 MPG.
    But had a serious rust problem....
    Before that was 3 Volkswagens....Bug, 2- 411's....

Redid the whole thing about 1984....with inner/outer fenders.....rockers and cab corner panels....sand blasted the whole thing....painted it fire engine red...including the cap.

Roof rack, Cubies spotlights/flood/running...front and rear......Looked like a fire engine...LOL
    Neighbor kid like it so much he bought it.

Been into bigger trucks from a Dodge van to a series of Ford PU's......all V-8's
    I don't care too much about mileage...I want to load and go with /without one of several trailers.

When they say the don't make them like they used....they are correct...had a whole lot more problems with the older vehicles both mechanical as well as rust issues.
    The 1999 is just starting ro show some rust....in 2016.....16+years.

I drive by those small trucks.....for sale....then think....the 1999 and 2008 are running just fine and are paid for....I don't need a 30k stereo.

So...the only new vehicle I would think about would be Cadillac CTS-V Sedan ...(Maybe just 2 year lease)...as it only gonna take me about 2 week to lose my DL....
    http://www.cadillac.com/v-series/cts-v-sedan.html

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Last edited by hunter63; 01-11-2017 at 06:06 PM.

I got convinced going over Monarch Pass with my buddy following me in a Toyota. I waited patiently at the top. He kept up pretty well on the backside. '80's