Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Survival Fishing

Default Survival Fishing

Does anyone have any interest in me doing a article of Survival Fishing? I have good deal of knowledge in the topic...

If you want to write something, then write it. Asking a group of strangers if we want you to write something when we know absolutely nothing about you (your intro lacked a wee bit of detail) is sort of weird.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Yes. Please do. You've shown us your expertise in squirrel cooking.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

You guys are BAD!

I have written and erased three posts now and I think I need to re-evaluate one of my new year resolutions due to the fact that I will never get through the second day of the year without braking it at this rate.

Poor NE Survival can't help it if he does not realize he has stumbled into a 10 year old forum composed of 40, 50, 60 and 70-something old men who have been running the woods eating raw meat and tree bark since they were 5 years old!

If you got something tell it, but remember, we all grew up before participation trophys were invented.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Quote Originally Posted by NE Survival View Post
    Does anyone have any interest in me doing a article of Survival Fishing? I have good deal of knowledge in the topic...
    Go for it.....But remember posting the "All you have to do is"...methods does bring into question your knowledge.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I give up... I joined this to hopefully get some good ideas, but all i get is rude comments. Thanks For Nothin.

Learn much?

Banned

While I'm known for not playing well with others, I'd find it interesting if you did a write up/ review of survival fishing while utilizing the equipment from any of the prepackaged survival tins. I believe that most here have already built thier own item specific Homemade fishing kits, but those don't give US a good indication of what the prepackaged tins offer. Perhaps a little hands on with the prepackaged tin equipment would increase not only our data base, but your's as well. I carry the Military Scout Survival Tin, which has the Standard Survival fishing kit included. But there is also the Basic Emergency Fishing Kit. I'll link it up:

https://www.adventuresurvivalequipme...shing-kit.html

https://www.adventuresurvivalequipme...vival-tin.html

Hope this provides a little OJT and some interesting & inquisitive conversation. Good Luck NE Survival.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

I give up... I joined this to hopefully get some good ideas, but all i get is rude comments. Thanks For Nothin.
    No you didn't!

I read all 8 of your posts and there is no reference to asking for information in any form.

Every post is your attempt to tell someone else what you know, and your "knowledge" is questionable.

Like I said in the other post, no participation trophies passed out here. We call BS when we see it.

Perhaps you should be over on another site where you can join in on the 1203 page thread titled "I love my Mora" Complete with pictures and 1000 posts that say "Kool!"

They also have a 1000 page thread titled "Show me your survival fishing kit!"

You will fit right in.

OK that New Year resolution is shot to h*!!
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Now that is some useful information.....
    Not a big fan of "tins"....sometimes doesn't pack as well as a pouch...
    Like this one better.

Actually have been carrying one of these in my wallet....since receiving a wonderful box of goodies in the gift exchange.
    Can't say I tried it yet....

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

http://www.directshoppingcenter.com/..._campaign=main

I'm not a real good fisherman anyway....prefer to shoot something to eat....
    Last edited by hunter63; 01-02-2017 at 02:22 PM.

my idea of survival fishing is a gill net, cast net and a roll of chicken wire.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

He didn't stand a chance.

Survivors need to be tougher than that.......

it's not a record.....
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

I would do that but all of the lakes are frozen where i live so it would have to wait until spring. I would be up for it no doubt

you can place a gill net under ice and a trap can be dropped through a hole in the ice.

......and I hear tell that some folks actually cut holes in the ice to drop a line. They're probably just telling tall stories.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Wow! Keep talking.

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    No you didn't!

I read all 8 of your posts and there is no reference to asking for information in any form.

Every post is your attempt to tell someone else what you know, and your "knowledge" is questionable.

Like I said in the other post, no participation trophies passed out here. We call BS when we see it.

Perhaps you should be over on another site where you can join in on the 1203 page thread titled "I love my Mora" Complete with pictures and 1000 posts that say "Kool!"

They also have a 1000 page thread titled "Show me your survival fishing kit!"

You will fit right in.

OK that New Year resolution is shot to h*!!
    I'm trying as well....
    That other site has taken "snark" to new level........

Banned

I understand that Florida survival fishing is a bit unique: using the cork from an about to be emptied wine bottle as a bobber, the tab from drained beer cans as a hook, reusing the tangled mess of washed ashore fishing line, and breaking off a stalk of bamboo for a pole seems to be a norm. Now all you need is one of thousands of varieties of bugs to use as bait. Only trouble with this Florida Primitive survival fishing is authorization from "She who must be obeyed". Of course if your Gator fishing, just cut your toe a little and dangle it in fresh water. Don't use your fingers, you are going to need them when you get a nibble. LOL.