Thread: Back At It -Part 3 Journey to Beat the Guinness world record with a slingshot

Makery and Mischief

Default Back At It -Part 3 Journey to Beat the Guinness world record with a slingshot

Video Link>>https://youtu.be/2ZGydhTeS0c

I haven't been speed shooting since before I left for Patagonia last spring. But I just finished a new speed shooting slingshot and this is the first time I used it. I am even more excited now that im back about building up my speed and accuracy and beating the Guinness World Record for how many cans you can knock down in one minute. The current record stands at 25 cans knock down in one minute at 33 feet before this video I had only managed 7 cans in one minute. Although I haven't been speed shooting in a long time my accuracy has improved a lot. Unfortunately when the shooting process is speed up that accuracy tends to go out the window. Now that I've made a new faster slingshot for Speed shooting I'll practice every day and see if I can't bring the accuracy to the speed.

I made this slingshot from White Oak and mahogany what is linen in between the laminates. I use linen instead of fiberglass because I like to hand carve the slingshots and the fiberglas is hard on the carving knives. Then I rigged it with sleeved latex slingshot tubing. The sleeve part of the tubing where it is mounted to the slingshot helps prevent the band from being all twisted up after shooting. This allows me a quicker recovery and reloading time. I simply used a very stiff pouch, all of which I purchased from the DIY section at Simple Shot.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Zachary Fowler; 12-21-2016 at 10:44 AM.

Woooah. Best of luck... seems to look easy.. but certainly is not.
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

(BOSWA) ELITE SURVIVAL RANGER - BSR/16/05

Senior Member Pennsylvania Mike's Avatar

Practice makes perfect, good luck, look forward to see in the book as the fastest slingshot shooter in the world.
    MIke

Cool skill! Best of luck.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Good luck.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Cool stuff....practice... practice,...practice,...
    (Use the Force....)
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27