Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winchester model 94 Prices

Default Winchester model 94 Prices

I saw the Bass Pro Flier the other day and it had a Winchester model 94 in .30-30 for $1,099 on sale!

So, I went to Gander Mountain and they were even more expensive.

http://www.gandermountain.com/search/model%2094

When did Model 94's get that expensive?

I just sold my brother one of my Model 94's. I sold it to him for $350. Just because he didn't have one anymore.

Holy Ship!!!!!!
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

what are the details on the 94s? caliber, years made etc.

went to your link and holy ship stain. In my area I see used 94s, late models in 30-30 for around 300 to 400 depending
    Last edited by randyt; 12-18-2016 at 05:17 PM.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

I assume your asking about my Winchesters. They are .30-30 and post 64.

The ones I have seen advertised were new and also in .30-30.

Quote Originally Posted by randyt View Post
    what are the details on the 94s? caliber, years made etc.

went to your link and holy ship stain. In my area I see used 94s, late models in 30-30 for around 300 to 400 depending
    That's pretty much the way the show have been going for.....
    Rarely see one for sale used, at a Mom and Pop gun store or even Big Box.
    Hummm?
    Only 30-30 I own is a Handi Rifle.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Yep, those are the going prices for new ones these days.

The reason for the delay in catch up on the used gun market is mostly due to sellers not checking the blue book prices.

You guys should be getting nearly double what you are for used '94s in good condition because it is going to cost you $1k to replace them.

Yea, I can remember when Wally World sold them for $79.95 too, but that was a while back.

Never fear, you can still get a Marrlington 336 in 30-30 for $500-$600.

Or a Henry for $600-$700, if you swing that way.
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 12-18-2016 at 08:30 PM.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

here's a link to williams gunsight company that has some 94s.

http://shop.williamsgunsight.com/sproducts.aspx?srch=y
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

I think the high cost for a real, new manufacture 94 isn't that bad really. Consider a quality bolt gun from Ruger, Remington or Winchester are going for around a grand. Leverguns have a lot of small parts and can be expensive to make. A few years ago Savage looked at the possibility of re-introducing the model 99, which would have made me very happy. Savage decided that the cost was too high and they would not be able to offer a quality product at the price point they wanted. If Someone "has to" have a real Winchester, then they're willing to pay the price. I've seen Browning BLR's going for almost 2k...

As Kyrat said, Henry and Marlin are options, as are Rossi and Mossberg.

Cimmaron and Uberti also make some excellent reproductions, they too will run you over $1,000, well over in some cases, and none that I saw chamber 30-30.

I personally think your best bet is to just hunt the used market. A quick look on Gunbroker pulled up several for $500 or less. Gun shows too will give you some good deals.

I don't even really see people hunting with lever actions in my area anymore. The bolt gun is king, but is slowly giving up ground the the AR.
    I love my 94, it was my first centerfire, but I haven't hunted with it in years (has more to do with its 1916 serial number than anything), neither do I plan on ever selling it.
    There ain't too many problems you can't fix with $500 or a 30-06.

Him-"Whats the best knife for survival?"
    Me-"the one that's in your pocket."
    Him-"I don't have one in my pocket."
    Me-"Exactly."

The bolt gun may be king in the hunting field in some areas but the 30-30 lever gun is the king of the mid-western suburban bedroom closet!

Almost everyone I know, even if they have no firearms interest or knowledge, still has a 30-30 stuck in the back corner of the bedroom closet. Half of them do not even consider themselves "gun owners" because they forget they own it!

That is the main reason I own a 30-30, reloading dies and bullet molds. Everybody has one.

Long before I owned an AR or AK my son accused me of viewing my 30-30 lever gun as my "Apache Assault Rifle".
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 12-19-2016 at 04:38 PM.

Just think, 20 years from now we'll be saying, "I can remember when you could buy them all day long for $1000.00! Now look 'em."

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Just think, 20 years from now we'll be saying, "I can remember when you could buy them all day long for $1000.00! Now look 'em."
    Please don't say things like that!
    There ain't too many problems you can't fix with $500 or a 30-06.

Him-"Whats the best knife for survival?"
    Me-"the one that's in your pocket."
    Him-"I don't have one in my pocket."
    Me-"Exactly."

Hey, I can remember when the cheapest AR rifles were selling for $1500 and you can buy them for $500 now !!!

Remember those days???

Oh, that was 4 years ago!

Sorry I was confused.

I can not even remember what I paid for my current '94 rifle. It might have been boot on a trade for all I remember.

Would you believe I paid $39.95 for my first 10/22 Ruger rifle and the same for my first MK1 Ruger pistol?
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 12-19-2016 at 05:48 PM.

Every Saturday while collecting for my paper route....I would stop at the Hardware Store.....an drool over the Win '94 for sale, in the gun cabinet....
    Was $79.95.....Never did get one.
    Have a "94 but in .32 Win Special...from the late 1940's..Got it for $50 bucks in 1969...from a guy getting divorced.
    Killed a lot of deer with that rifle 1960, 70's, 80's, even 1990's as my "brush/walking gun"....had gone to a bolt gun for out west,...field sitting and stands.
    Even the "Day of five"....Maybe could have a couple of more....but only loaded 5 shells in the rifle, while walking or (driving deer, young guys job).

These days, it is my Werewolf rifle....(silver tipped bullets)
    But I digress ....LOL

Still love posting this pic....1959....This is a Marlin....but they were about the same price....Marlins could be scoped easier....Winchester was still top eject.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Last edited by hunter63; 12-19-2016 at 06:39 PM.

Yep I remember going to the woods with 5 rounds! Why would you need any more? After all, you could only take one deer back then and it had to be a buck with antlers at least 3".

I once headed out the door with only 3 rounds of 8mmx57 and an old military trim Mauser. I brought a deer home and still had 2 rounds left.

.32 was a good cartridge, but I did like the 35 Remington better. I had a 336 in .35 and it shot reloads like a target rifle. One of the ones I wish I had back.

PssssssT The Remington Model 600 is in .35 Rem.
    That is a short, little Brute of a brush gun.

Last time out....100yds

The factory 200gr RN 1" high of dead 10X....
    Hornady LEVERevolution 35 Remington 200 Grain Flex Tip..... 1-1/2 dead of 10X
    My cast 200 gr RN gas checked....same height as the LeverRev...but left 1-1/2.

I think I got the mold from you??

All can be covered with my hand at 100 yds. for all three loads.
    No screwing arounld with the scope.

Used 94's fetch $400-$600 around here. Gun shows are full of them. Lots of guys still use lever guns in the hardwoods during deer season in my neck of the woods.

That's kinda of the range for '94's at shows...But I have to say...Those magic pre'64 are pretty ratty some times.
    But you always hear when you buy and post that you have a 1980....Some one ALWALYS say "Should have got a pre'64

I getting leery-ier of Gander Mountain and Cabalas .....price wise.

Unless they have a big sale....they really don't have low prices...or a selection of used guns.
    Even the sales you have to watch.....saw a European "Drilling" ...Side by side 16ga with a 30 caliber something real long below and in-between.
    Sale tag said...Reg price..$2100...sale price $2100...savings "0"....WTH?

I didn't know Winchester was making the 94 again. I thought the last ones were made around 2004, had the tang safety, and we're actually made in Japan.
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

Quote Originally Posted by natertot View Post
    I didn't know Winchester was making the 94 again. I thought the last ones were made around 2004, had the tang safety, and we're actually made in Japan.
    Yeah, they are....but a long way around.....May reflect on the prices.....

http://www.winchesterguns.com/produc...roduction.html
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winchester_Model_1894
    Quote>
    The 1894 was produced by the Winchester Repeating Arms Company through 1980 and then by U.S. Repeating Arms under the Winchester brand until they ceased manufacturing rifles in 2006. Reproductions are being made by the Miroku company of Japan and imported into the United States by the Browning Arms company of Morgan, Utah.

I would bet that the fit and finish on the Miroku guns will be on a level with the pre-64 Winchester guns.

Miroku has been producing the Winchester 101 shotguns as well as much of Browning's products for decades.

I have owned and dealt with the pre-64 Winchester products and some of the output was immaculate and will never be reproduced at an affordable price in the U.S. again, every, by anyone!

Note that I said "reasonable price".

A pre-64 model 70 Winchester rifle, if produced today, would probably cost $3000-$5000 on the new gun market. Folks just do not realize the workmanship that went into those rifles.