Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kerosene Lanterns Vs. Battery

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I suppose if you intend to linger for a while then you might have a problem. But if you need a lantern to heat the outhouse then it's too cold to linger. A lantern in the outhouse was pretty standard fair until indoor plumbing. The famous crescent moon (or other cutouts in the door) are there for venting and lighting. [/COLOR]
    I have used several outhouses where asphyxiation was a distinct possibility but never due to lack of ventilation! Spiders and wasps in the summer and freezing critical body parts in winter were my main concerns.

Perhaps 1timeStar should speak to us on this topic, she is still using the outhouse at -30 if she has not moved to the new house.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

At times like this I miss Sourdough and his door-less out house ..........in Alaska
    Always made me glad I wasn't there.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    I have used several outhouses where asphyxiation was a distinct possibility but never due to lack of ventilation! Spiders and wasps in the summer and freezing critical body parts in winter were my main concerns.

Perhaps 1timeStar should speak to us on this topic, she is still using the outhouse at -30 if she has not moved to the new house.
    I'll bet the deed is done indoors and the second floor outhouse is used for a dumping (not that kind) receptacle.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel