Thread: One gun for everything... Again?

Default One gun for everything... Again?

Once again, the idea of the one gun for everything is being addressed, it seems
    Supposed to be in the prototype stage.

Scavenger 6........Appears that a 7" fully rifled cylinder is being used as barrels.... on a revolver base.......
    Reminds me of the old pepper box.

In one case,....six or more different calibers in one cylinder.... For instance, the “Survival CB” fires .22, .38/.357, .45 Colt/.410, .223/5.56, 9mm, and .45 ACP

I can see some problems....what do you all think?... as long as we are looking at calibers.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...urvival-rifle/
    Last edited by hunter63; 12-13-2016 at 08:51 PM.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I find it weird lol, not sure how accurate and handy it would be. I'll stick with a bolt action in 30-06.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

Would be my luck,.. it would be the .22lr up next when I wanted the .223......and have to carry 6 different kinda of ammo....

so...if the cylinder is the barrel, I'm guessing the "barrel" sticking out of the gun is to keep it from being classified as a SBR? Yeeeah, I dunno. I'm all for flexibility and innovation, but none of that matters if reliability fails. Also, bottlenecked cartridges have had a rough history in revolver platforms, I wonder how they solved those issues.

I bet 30-06 isn't fun in this.

Can you take the "barrel" off of this and remove the stock and simply have an uglier Judge?
    Last edited by alaskabushman; 12-13-2016 at 10:35 PM.
    There ain't too many problems you can't fix with $500 or a 30-06.

Him-"Whats the best knife for survival?"
    Me-"the one that's in your pocket."
    Him-"I don't have one in my pocket."
    Me-"Exactly."

most likely the action is considered a rifle action so it would be considered a SBR.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

A pic......and looks like a "barrel" on the end, that is just an extension as it does nothing.....except maybe balance it?

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

I look at that and feel like someone is trying to sell me swamp land in Florida.

Expensive swap land.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

My first thought was..........OMG

Looked like a "Judge Gone Wild"
    Or the adaptor "God threw up"........

Ugliest POS I think I have ever seen! Darnit they left out the 300 Win Mag LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthang View Post
    Ugliest POS I think I have ever seen! Darnit they left out the 300 Win Mag LOL
    Some of y'all are never pleased.....well, maybe most of y'all.....

Does remind me of the pepper box's of old......
    Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

I was just thinking about that lightweight contraption shooting full charge 30-06, .270 or .308 rounds.

I would have to have ear plugs and muffs and double vision protection topped off by a welder's helmet and some kind of gel insole duct taped to the buttstock.

I got a box of 220 grain 30-06 rounds mixed up with my normal 150 gn fare once while shooting my Rossi with the 30-06 barrel. I am not real recoil sensitive but I never want to repeat that experience again.

I am sure that 6 rounds of 30-06 out of that machine will have it in a box and headed back to the manufacturer to have everything tightened up except the grip screws.

And it does say that the design is in the pre-prototype stage. That means it is a one off, nonfiring machine shop product made to show off and take enough orders to fund a production run.

Anyway, the bearded man posing as the inventor still has the right side of his beard intact so he can not possibly have fired this machine with either 30-06, .270 or .308 full charge loads, otherwise the beard would be singed off due to muzzle blast blow back from that piece of pipe welded to the front of the unit.

The reason we no longer have revolvers in .357Max was due to excessive flame cutting of the top strap on the extremely heavy duty Ruger revolvers chambered for that round. (I learned that while researching another thread RandyT started) How would this unit possibly defy the laws of chemistry and physics and survive more than a few rifle rounds before falling in half?

And people talk about the fireball created by their Mosin carbines! Can you imagine trying to contain the fireball created by an equally powerful round out of a 7" barrel vented into a 3/4" diameter galvanized pipe a foot long?
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 12-14-2016 at 03:18 PM.

There is a chamber for the 7.62 X54r.....

......Battle chamber "CD"......

Isn't there inserts for a 12 guage break open shotgun that will take different rounds?
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by finallyME View Post
    Isn't there inserts for a 12 guage break open shotgun that will take different rounds?
    Yes, and they seem to be popular with the prepper crowd. I've looked at them several times but they look like a good way to waste perfectly good ammo, since accuracy is limited. They are not cheap and if I were to buy one for all my calibers I could just about buy another gun. If you bought a couple that will chamber a smaller shotgun gauge, that might be useful.

A cool/fun toy maybe, but not a real survival tool IMO. Granted I've never shot one.
    There ain't too many problems you can't fix with $500 or a 30-06.

Him-"Whats the best knife for survival?"
    Me-"the one that's in your pocket."
    Him-"I don't have one in my pocket."
    Me-"Exactly."

Looks like an answer in search of a question to me.

This looks like the worst idea to come around in a good while. With that said, I kinda want one.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

I have the feeling that when we see the projected price tag on this thing we will be able to take that amount and buy an AR rifle, Mossberg 500 shotgun and your choice of Glock or S&W pistol for about the same, or less.

And the price of individual cylinder-barrels will probably equal the price of a new gun in the same caliber.

The inventor was the guy responsible for the Chiappa X Caliber and those folks are not bashful about putting a big price tag on a POS firearm.
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 12-14-2016 at 08:04 PM.

You're probably not wrong. Thankfully my budget does a good job of drawing the line for me between 'I want that because it's odd' and 'I want that for rational reasons.'
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

What about the screaming wallet at the end of the month yelling "What were you thinking?"