Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Golly Gee

Default Golly Gee

I get home from work.....haven't read all of the threads yet, but have to wonder what happened. I get a message that 19 members have utilized the ignore feature. Gotta ask.......did somebody wee wee in somebody's Wheaties?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I think that might be "The most interesting man in the world"
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I admit, I tried it out, but on a member who hasn't been active in a while. In fact he was the reason I had to take a "break" from all the forums I was active in. This is the only one I've returned to.
    There ain't too many problems you can't fix with $500 or a 30-06.

Him-"Whats the best knife for survival?"
    Me-"the one that's in your pocket."
    Him-"I don't have one in my pocket."
    Me-"Exactly."

We have an ignore feature?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tundrabadger View Post
    Yes tundrabager there is an ignore feature, it is usually used in America by those that have (Opposite opinions liberal/conservative) yet those that have not spent a day in combat choose to ignore those that have lead other Warriors into Battle. It's not a function that those with open minds tend to use, but lemmings have a tendency to follow the herd into the sea. I would not recommend it's use, for you never know when you might open your mind to other points of view. No matter how vexing it may become. Hope you enjoyed the X-mas gift. Feel free to express yourself on air, perhaps there shall be no other method to contact me in the future.
    Last edited by M118LR; 12-14-2016 at 01:03 AM. Reason: opposite viewpoints bring friction in the lower 48

Quote Originally Posted by M118LR View Post
    Yes tundrabager there is an ignore feature, it is usually used in America by those that have not spent a day in combat to ignore those that have lead other Warriors into combat. It's not a function that those with open minds tend to use, but lemmings have a tendency to follow the herd into the sea. I would not recommend it's use, for you never know when you might open your mind to other points of view. No matter how vexing it may become. Hope you enjoyed the X-mas gift. Feel free to express yourself on air, perhaps there shall be no other method to contact me in the future.
    Haven't gotten it yet....you know how it is with the post this time of year. Of course I think the mail might have been late today so it could be there now.

I did, of course, mean on the forum.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Mr. M118LR you need to watch what you speak.

You have no knowledge of the service records of the forum members.

This is the kind of insulting behavior that has you ignored by so many at one time.

Sadly, your words are visible when quoted in another post or I would not have seen this.
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 12-14-2016 at 01:32 AM.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Okay, clearly there's been some stuff going on while I've been getting ready for finals and not checking the forum much, so I'm just going to back away slowly.

Quote Originally Posted by m118lr
    Yes tundrabager there is an ignore feature, it is usually used in America by those that have (Opposite opinions liberal/conservative) yet those that have not spent a day in combat choose to ignore those that have lead other Warriors into Battle. It's not a function that those with open minds tend to use, but lemmings have a tendency to follow the herd into the sea. I would not recommend it's use, for you never know when you might open your mind to other points of view. No matter how vexing it may become. Hope you enjoyed the X-mas gift. Feel free to express yourself on air, perhaps there shall be no other method to contact me in the future.

This is typical of your type of response. While I respect your service, I do tire of the incessant reference to "look at what I did". After the first couple of dozen times we get that you are a combat veteran. It has little to do with open minds and much more to do with an egocentric, vainglorious attitude. It would appear you are trying very hard to convince yourself more so than others. Good luck with that.

Banned

Rick, I will just stand by the beginning. The ignore function is usually used by opposites that can't come to common ground here in America. (I was conversing with tundrabadger who I believe is Canadian.) And my queries were more about the reception of the X-mas gift than anything else. I believe we (tundrabadger and I) were on the same wavelength. I didn't mean to ruffle kyratshooter, I didn't think he would be part of this after he placed me on ignore. Perhaps it would be better if I conversed with tundrabadger via PM's. As to the "look what I did" there are many more that gave far more and are much more humble than I am. If you are looking for an example of humble you need look no further then John Glenn. Unfortunately I am not the man that he was, but we all have are idiosyncrasies. After spending most of my lifetime in service, and continuing to give my time to my brothers that didn't come home as lucky as I was, perhaps the Military has become to deeply ingrained into my everyday life? Hope you do better at correcting your deficiencies than I do.

deleted due to boredom
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 12-14-2016 at 01:06 PM.

I just used the ignore option too Kyratt! Ahhhhhhhh peace at last

Just to be clear, I really wasn't getting at anything...I was just being surprised because I've been on this forum for a couple of years now and I never realized there was an ignore feature. Could be really handy when the weather warms up and the ROTTW types start coming out of the woodwork.

Due to the pity party and whining I am sure is going on right now I would like to clear one thing up.

I was a member of the U.S. Army from 1970-1974. That was not an easy time to be a soldier and I was an Infantry commander, the most difficult branch to survive. I attained the grade of Captain before I was discharged. That is all of my service record I will offer.

I do not speak of it much because that was not the only activity in my life that justifies my existence.

I was a citizen soldier, just as thousands that went before me. I did my duty and came home to continue my life in the "real world", as we referred to it back then. For the past 40+ years I have been a teacher, mentor, husband, father, grand father, leader in my church, and those activities have dominated my thoughts to the near exclusion of what I did and what I saw 40 years past.

My late wife was a 4 year Army nurse, my oldest son was Army, my two youngest sons were Marines (I still wonder where I went wrong with them) during the Iraq War. So I do respect military service, but you had better have something going for you besides big talk.

Quote Originally Posted by tundrabadger View Post
    I didn't know either. Not that I wanted one until recently. Nice feature.

And, honestly, the ignore feature is for people to use when there's something they don't want to see, or are not interested in for any particular /private/ reason they have. It is not primarily for liberals or conservatives to attack anyone - in fact, isn't withdrawal the very opposite of attack?

If a person ignores a particular type of post, it /might/ (and that's a big "might") tell something substantive about that person. If several people decide to ignore a particular type of post, it begins to be much more indicative of the person who is being ignored.

Everyone deserves respect - if nothing else, the common respect paid by one person to another due to their personhood. A serviceperson who served honorably deserves respect due to the honor with which they served. A good doctor deserves the respect due the goodness of their service to other people. The people who tends to garner the most respect in this country seems to be country musicians, basketball players, and movie stars; instead of the teachers, doctors, and other professionals that actually give others another chance to start a good life. A lot of these professionals give their lives, either literally or figuratively - either way, actually - for the good of others. Servicepersons are quite well respected by a large proportion of patriotic Americans. Many of these other "veterans of domestic wars" are never recognized. People should be given their due but it gets to be a toxic thing when people demand their due.

Aristotle was wrong quite a lot, but he was, at least correct, when he placed moderation at the center of morality.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    Due to the pity party and whining I am sure is going on right now I would like to clear one thing up.

I was a member of the U.S. Army from 1970-1974. That was not an easy time to be a soldier and I was an Infantry commander, the most difficult branch to survive. I attained the grade of Captain before I was discharged. That is all of my service record I will offer.

I do not speak of it much because that was not the only activity in my life that justifies my existence.

I was a citizen soldier, just as thousands that went before me. I did my duty and came home to continue my life in the "real world", as we referred to it back then. For the past 40+ years I have been a teacher, mentor, husband, father, grand father, leader in my church, and those activities have dominated my thoughts to the near exclusion of what I did and what I saw 40 years past.

My late wife was a 4 year Army nurse, my oldest son was Army, my two youngest sons were Marines (I still wonder where I went wrong with them) during the Iraq War. So I do respect military service, but you had better have something going for you besides big talk.
    Thank You for your service kyratshooter.
    Perhaps I spent to many years in service, then the kids went to war and I owed a Debt of Honor to my parents and others for looking after my children while I was away. So needless to say the Grandchildren and Thing 2 return to live with me every time he deploys to war. He's made 3 in his 8 years of service, and his children have lived with me more of thier life than with thier father. So my transition to the "Real World" is ongoing. Right now I'm hoping to survive the real world for at least the same amount of time as I did on the Navy Gravy Train, every day was easy they are all behind me.

If I could figure out how to add a tag line I'd list VFW#, the Am Legion #, the Fleet Reserve #, and Naval Special Warfare Association. Don't know if that is "something going for me besides big talk" but each of those organisations has requirements.
    Last edited by M118LR; 12-14-2016 at 07:45 PM.

It's not the big talk. It's the constant talk. Everyone on here has stories. Some folks offer a story from time to time. On occasion they are humorous, other times sad. But it gives everyone the chance to learn something about the person. If a given person were to post about being a fireman ad infinitum it would get old quick. The same is true for dozer operator, plumber, electrician, CEO and yes, even telephone guys. A steady diet of one food gets old. I should have added variety to the other thread on spices but it works here too. I'll see if I can make up a saying about variety and spice.

"The Spice Girls show a lot of variety?"

How's that?
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by M118LR View Post

I'm pretty sure the problem isn't due to people not having an open mind or being Americans. I can see why you're on ignore lists. There is a condescending tone to some of your posts. Maybe it's intentional, maybe not. But from your edit reason I think you know you're heading down a trollish path.
    "I enjoy surviving." Yes, well I certainly hope so as the other side of that is "DEATH!"
    Sarge47