Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Alone Season 3

Makery and Mischief

https://youtu.be/uVORoHEZdQI
    Hear is a link to my video i just finished that talks about my bird trap and how it worked out there in Patagonia and a bigger look into my Top Secret Alone Journal/ sketch book.

Thanks for keeping us informed with the behind the scene tid bits.....
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I was worried about Callie's groin glands being swollen and don't know how that'll turn out, but...High-5 woman for staying there!
    The pessimist complains about the wind;
    The optimist expects it to change;
    The realist adjusts the sails.

- William Arthur Ward

What a crazy episode. Totally did not see Callie tapping out. Thought for sure she was going to go head to head with Fowler as the last 2 standing. But she tap out on her terms. I think she found herself and realize there's something more meaningful than simply the pursuit of material goods. I'm proud of her.

Aw man. She left? Guess I ain't seen that yet.

- William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingTree View Post
    Aw man. She left? Guess I ain't seen that yet.
    Sorry, I should have put SPOILER ALERT. My fault. You have to see that episode, it was beautiful how it was edited.

Makery and Mischief

Finally I can share a small glimpse of One the coolest things I made there the wizard staff. It's a journal in carvings of every day I spent there broken down into six symbols carved daily. Article contains picture of it.
    1. cut for the day
    2. a fish if I got one that day
    3. A symbol that represented what I had achieved that day
    4. A fire symbol if I kept the fire going without having to restart it.
    5. A symbol that showed my physical State that day.
    6. And a symbol that showed my mental state that day.

Article link>http://www.penbaypilot.com/article/a...our-left/81505

Some archaeologist will find that staff some day and set off a national debate of whether those symbols are aliens or some long dead indigenous people that was previously unknown. I'm voting alien.

(kaze) Oh I don't care. Spoilers don't matter, doesn't ruin anything for me. Besides, it's up to me to read this or not, and not up to everyone else to worry about giving me a spoiler.

...72 days, 4 people. It's getting up there. Season 9 might see people out there for a year. If we're lucky. We'll get to see someone go feral like Tarzan and not be able to recognize the boat as a boat when it comes. They'll start grunting at it and stamping their feet like a chimp.

Special News Report: When the producers of History Channel's Alone series went to pick up this season's winner, they were put on spits and roasted over a fire.
    Last edited by WalkingTree; 01-29-2017 at 12:37 AM.

- William Arthur Ward

I see in your bio that you build boats. For my first project I was thinking about a garvey. Do you have any thoughts about that?

Another heartbreak episode. You could see how much Dave wanted to continue. But clearly he was in no condition to do so. Dave's strategy of rationing was too extreme. We can learn alot from his mistake. I had no idea starvation can trick a person to horde food and not eat enough. It's sad, I know Dave would have last much longer if he had eaten his stash. I applaud the medical team for making the wise decision to pull Dave. So next episode is the last. We have 3 contestants left. I already know who wins, right Fowler.

Kaze...hope you are right....
    Zack has really shown how to be humble, organized.... and appear to thrive more that the others, IMO......from the little I have seen.

Frankly I'm burned out on the genre.

I kept thinking - half a fish every other day?? (or a whole one?). Forget that. Bubba's gotta eat.

- William Arthur Ward

Watching from Australia and very impressed with the staying power this season.

Shame about Dave, he was playing the end game but probably a little too hard. Lesson there for future contestants.

Final 3 seem very capable and I've been very surprised with Meghan in particular...I thought she might be gone early but has gone from strength to strength. Probably no chance of winning now I've said that!

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Third season and the time grows longer with each season.

People are on a learning curve and the show is becoming boring, extremely boring. Watching people sit on their butts and whine and whittle holds no interest.

They need to up the game. Cut the equipment to 5 items, perhaps present a movement element and combine the two shows, Alone and Hunted.

If caught you do not go to a hotel or home to wait the end of the game, you go to a simulated POW camp.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    Watching people sit on their butts and whine and whittle holds no interest.

They need to up the game. Cut the equipment to 5 items, perhaps present a movement element and combine the two shows, Alone and Hunted.
    I do get what you're saying as it definitely lacks in the excitement levels but I'm not really watching it for that...I've plenty of shows that give me that form of entertainment. What I'm watching Alone for is is to see what it's like to actually be Alone in the Wilderness. I think it does a reasonable job of showing that especially as time goes on and the reality of surviving on little to no calories plays out as we've not really pushed this far before.

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    Third season and the time grows longer with each season.

People are on a learning curve and the show is becoming boring, extremely boring. Watching people sit on their butts and whine and whittle holds no interest.

If caught you do not go to a hotel or home to wait the end of the game, you go to a simulated POW camp.

5 items is too many. I always want to see contestants compete with having only 1 tool. The one tool challenge would be exciting. Most contestants wouldn't last very long but it would be fun to see them try.

Quote Originally Posted by oz_man_cometh View Post
    I do get what you're saying as it definitely lacks in the excitement levels but I'm not really watching it for that...I've plenty of shows that give me that form of entertainment. What I'm watching Alone for is is to see what it's like to actually be Alone in the Wilderness. I think it does a reasonable job of showing that especially as time goes on and the reality of surviving on little to no calories plays out as we've not really pushed this far before.
    IMO
    TV has nothing to do with "What it's like to be Alone"........You need to actually do it.

What you are seeing is edited, show casing the good, bad....
    Add the skills, methods, physiology of "Not Knowing" makes for a level of interest the both the participant and viewer.

Zack can jump in here if he wants......he is/was doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    IMO
    TV has nothing to do with "What it's like to be Alone"........You need to actually do it.
    Given I've never done it and never likely to it's probably as good as I'm going to get. So that's what I get out of it...obviously you might be getting something different from it if it's not showing you anything you don't already know.

I also like the fact it's not some big TV production with camera crews showing all different angles, it's purely the contestants and what they chose to show. Some are much better at it than others. I'm surprised they don't make use of wearable gimbals, as that might make it easier for the contestants to film their activities.

Would be great to hear Zack's thoughts...maybe he's laying low until the finale plays out.

Makery and Mischief

They do there best to give you the feel of what it is like for us to be alone with the edit but there's just so little time . Nine episodes so far and 73 days. The fact that people identify with us at all and feel her pain when we struggle is amazing when you seen so little. I think some of the others from season to season one or working on books and I will be to when this is over but just about the stuff I make for the most part. Tomorrow night guys whose taking home the 500,000