Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Alone Season 3

A couple of contestants related they did try that....for N&A...and dindn't do well....the body tends to want to maintain what is normal....so force feeding or loosing weight doesn't work.

Put on weight, just more to get hungry...
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Makery and Mischief

Ya they tell you that they can pull you if the doctor finds you medically unfit to safely leave you out there

Makery and Mischief

Ya hi body fat is definitely an advantage going into this sort of you can't just live off your body fat you go insane. I managed to catch 63 fish and two birds. I don't think I could've made it to the end just letting my body consume itself. I was sort of right at that sweet spot of being pudgy but now unhealthy before I went in. Working on a video for my YouTube channel right now would before and after pictures of just how pudgy and thin I was the day I came out.

Quote Originally Posted by kaze View Post
    What a crazy episode. Totally did not see Callie tapping out.
    I certainly did. I said earlier that 'interesting' people do unpredictable things, and she is living proof of that. Shame too, because she certainly had the skills to last a very long time. The stuff she built, and how she acclimated herself with the environment, was nothing short of amazing. Those spider bites would have been the end for me, but one poultice later and she's on the road to recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by theJman View Post
    I certainly did. I said earlier that 'interesting' people do unpredictable things, and she is living proof of that. Shame too, because she certainly had the skills to last a very long time. The stuff she built, and how she acclimated herself with the environment, was nothing short of amazing. Those spider bites would have been the end for me, but one poultice later and she's on the road to recovery.
    I kind of got the impression that the spider bites had her wanting to tap, but she decided to hang in long enough to prove to herself and everyone else that she could get past them. Once she was solidly beyond that point, it seems like it just left her without some of the drive to keep going.

Got to admit, though, there's something special about a woman who can spend that long in the woods with next to nothing and still look that good.