Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Alone Season 3

Makery and Mischief

Thanks guys. Hear is the next article that just came out with more pics of stuff i made including the rake. http://www.penbaypilot.com/article/a...rsus-dan/80692

Quote Originally Posted by Zachary Fowler View Post
    Thanks guys. Hear is the next article that just came out with more pics of stuff i made including the rake. http://www.penbaypilot.com/article/a...rsus-dan/80692
    The two links appear to be the same article.

Makery and Mischief

SPAM ALERT!!! Oop sorry bout that. Here we go Finally managed to get some action pictures of the rake on my computer.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Zachery. nice to see you here. I'm impressed with all you have managed. The duck/ fish hunter boat was some true outside the box thinking.

The shelters this year are way better then previous years. The contestants are more capable as well. I think this has much to do with the fact that they know what they're in for, to an extent.

It's mid season, but at this time, nobody has even looked for freshwater crustaceans. A forty year old has a lot harder time discovering things than a 6 year old does.

Love the show. I do find it odd that the producers would put the show in a place where you can't eat rodents, but, they did put the show on Vancouver Island where you can't eat the bivalves.
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

SPAM ALERT!!! Oop sorry bout that. Here we go Finally managed to get some action pictures of the rake on my computer.
    Now you're just showing off...

How did you get the bends? Did you heat a section to make it malleable?

Pretty slick rake......Momma gonna be mad, if you need to "rake" the house.....LOL
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Makery and Mischief

It is very hard with all the laws around the world to find a place where you can put people and allow them to survive. Most everywhere your go the majority of the techniques we use to hunt and trap are illegal. As it was we only got permission last minute to be allowed to leave out night fishing lines. Then there is finding an isolated place big enough that 10 people can be separated so they can't come into contact. that place was isolated there wasn't even planes flying over . So I don't think it so much that they pick the place we could eat mice it was just the best they can find.

Makery and Mischief

Ya heat bent it over the fire and placed it between sick drove into the ground to let it cool like that.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingTree View Post
    Oh ship! I forgot about this show. Forgot about it's existence. Haven't been keeping up...
    Well dagnabit. Couldn't have been watching it anyway. Seems like History Channel has changed things - I can't watch them online after they've aired anymore. Used to they'd let you.
    The pessimist complains about the wind;
    The optimist expects it to change;
    The realist adjusts the sails.

- William Arthur Ward

This was another good episode. Dan tapping out was expected. Doing nothing for so long will eventually get him to question his purpose. It's incredible that 7 people made it past 50 days. I'm glad they gave Carleigh more screen time. After seeing more of her, I can't help but root for her too. She's a sweatheart. I am also worried about Greg, looks like he is freezing out there. And Callie's spider bites look so nasty. I hope she recovers.

Makery and Mischief

Ya was i was so surprised to see dan tap. And man those spider bites look nasty. Nobody seems to be having an easy go.

Here's a link to the latest article by the Penn bay pilot which is been following me. Since I wasn't on this episode they just wanted to know what I thought about the others.
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...m5mbJ-iEHUzqXw

i am a little surprised not 1 person took the snare wire.

This episode made me sad. I feel so bad for Greg. He gave it all he got. He was clearly not thinking straight when he got wet and then compound the problem by moving in the rain. It was downhill from there. I remember when Ray Mears talk about not making rash decision when it comes to survival and this was a good example of why it could lead to trouble. I hope Greg's daughter realizes how much Greg love her.

Senior Member Pennsylvania Mike's Avatar

Once Greg got wet he could never recover, I do not think his fire was big enough to keep anybody warm when he first got going later he had big pieces of wood and more flame but it was too late. I so not know what kind of clothing he chose, I noticed his boots were not suitable for wet environment, the rain suit is questionable about not letting a prolong rain get thru, and what was under the rain suit, I hope not cotton clothing and underwear. He should had staid put until the rain stopped.

Makery and Mischief

There is a reason for that i was probably the only one how could use it with my multi tool if i had chose it. they were only allowing this really heave stuff that was like 10 gauge or something almost as thick as a pencil.

There is a reason for that i was probably the only one how could use it with my multi tool if i had chose it. they were only allowing this really heave stuff that was like 10 gauge or something almost as thick as a pencil.
    I'm looking forward to see who is going head to head with you at the end.

Makery and Mischief

http://www.penbaypilot.com/article/a...ice-zach/81194

Above is the latest article written about my time out there with pics of my sketch book leading up to my leaving for Patagonia and the fire blower And chopsticks i made out there.
    Last edited by Zachary Fowler; 01-23-2017 at 12:35 PM.

...catching those "illegal" vids of the episodes on youtube. Hope I don't get a virus. Almost there...

Saw Carleigh's shelter, and said "now that's a debris hut", then it collapsed. Doh!

Laughed when the one guy said, about being lazy and saving energy, "everybody works so hard to make all this stuff...". Hehe.
    The pessimist complains about the wind;
    The optimist expects it to change;
    The realist adjusts the sails.

- William Arthur Ward

i want to buy the first 2 seasons. but when does the 3'rd season
    come out on dvd.?
    coyotes listen to them, like children of the night what music they make.

Makery and Mischief

No idea if it even dose come out on dvd somone said they couldn't find the first 2 seasons. just checked Amazon and they only sell digital access to it.