Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Alone Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by finallyME View Post
    Zach, whatever you do, don't move to Seattle.

I do see a problem of taking river rocks to make a fire hearth. Am I the only one?
    You are not the only one.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Banned

It isn't any harder to season a fireplace of river rocks than it is a clay chiminea. But every year there are folks that can't manage either. Just how many do it yourself suburbanites head down to the local box store and build a fire pit out of poured concrete wall stones? It's not like they are ever going to put in a steel pit ring to keep the fabricated concrete wall stones from exploding. Most ain't even going to season the fire pit or be concerned that it's soaking wet from rain prior to building thier bonfire. Some things have to be experienced, otherwise the School of hard knocks would have closed years ago.

The fellow that fell on his axe was already showing signs of tapping. That cut was pretty minor to the stuff I have experienced in the field. It also was bleeding very little in my opinion.

Put another way, I don't know of any construction workers that would have been shut down by that wound. I have personally butterflied folks in S. Florida heat and humidity with a cut like that and much deeper. I'd bet the farm a good flush, a sterile cloth and some ducktape and that man would have gone as far as he was gonna go anyway. No, more ill than when he tapped.

I thought the same thing Batch. He was looking for a way out.
    A man full of grits is a man full of peace.

I would say it is hard to judge a wound from a few screen shots. It could have been minor, or he could have hit a tendon.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by finallyME View Post
    I would say it is hard to judge a wound from a few screen shots. It could have been minor, or he could have hit a tendon.
    I read that he wanted to stay but the medic said it require stitches so he has to go and he didn't have a choice on the matter.

It was surprising Britt was the next to tap out. He was doing so well at the beginning. I guess his good fortune ran out. And he talks a lot about his son so it's also understandable he tap out from missing his family just like Nicole from last season.

Makery and Mischief

This is really cool there are a lot of people left compared to the first 2 season. I was surprised to see Britt go but being that hungry and missing your family sucks.

awesome, wow... umm what do I say, to some one whom has reached a level to do Alone.
    Longest I been out is 72 hours, and out alone... mmm not long a few days..
    I think keeping yourself busy would be a good call.. I will watch and see how you do man.
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

(BOSWA) ELITE SURVIVAL RANGER - BSR/16/05

Quote Originally Posted by kaze View Post
    It was surprising Britt was the next to tap out. He was doing so well at the beginning. I guess his good fortune ran out. And he talks a lot about his son so it's also understandable he tap out from missing his family just like Nicole from last season.
    Yea, that was odd. It was as though he went from doing fine to hitting the wall within 24 hours. I had him on my last-5-to-tap-out list. I also have Greg on that list, but things are starting to look shaky for him as well. Guess I should stay away from Vegas eh?

(FMR) Wilderness Guide pgvoutdoors's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Good job to Britt, making it over thirty days is an accomplishment, he represented himself and Ohio well. Enjoyed listening to him talk about his boy.
    "Just Get Out!"
    WildernessSkillsTrailhead.com

Really neat stuff in here. Nice to meet you Zach. I don't have a TV anymore, but just from what's been said here, I'm very impressed with you and almost wish I had a TV, again. All the best from Ottawa, Ontario. LarryB
    Have a super one...

larryb

http://larrybass.tripod.com/Surviving.html

Still Surviving, after all these years...

Quote Originally Posted by theJman View Post
    Yea, that was odd. It was as though he went from doing fine to hitting the wall within 24 hours. I had him on my last-5-to-tap-out list. I also have Greg on that list, but things are starting to look shaky for him as well. Guess I should stay away from Vegas eh?
    I'm glad to see Greg is doing better in this episode. I'm really rooting for him. I hope he doesn't give up on trapping larger game. Greg and Fowler are the two I want to see go head to head at the end. Fowler traps are great but that pit-spike trap scares me. It's so hidden that if there is somebody else out there, they might step into it. I have notice Carleigh doesn't get a lot of screen time. They need to show more of what she has been doing. Overall, it is a great episode. Oh and Callie's fake phone call got me. lol

Makery and Mischief

Ya is a bit odd how they edit it. Its like they put Dan and I against each other so much so that there is a thread on reddit called Fowler Vs. Dan and the Panbay Pilot asked me about it today and wrote an article on it. Carleigh's shelter was awesome that stonework for her fireplace was so tight you couldn't fit a hair between those rocks. And Callie had me with the fake tap-out.

Link >>http://www.penbaypilot.com/article/a...rsus-dan/80692

Quote Originally Posted by Zachary Fowler View Post
    Ya is a bit odd how they edit it. Its like they put Dan and I against each other so much so that there is a thread on reddit called Fowler Vs. Dan and the Panbay Pilot asked me about it today and wrote an article on it. Carleigh's shelter was awesome that stonework for her fireplace was so tight you couldn't fit a hair between those rocks. And Callie had me with the fake tap-out.

Link >>http://www.penbaypilot.com/article/a...rsus-dan/80692
    The producer trying to manufacture drama. It's good television. Of course, I'm sure the fans are rooting for you if it was down to you vs Dan as the last 2 man standing. By far you and Callie have made the show more entertaining, both of you have great building and crafting skills. Looking forward to next's week episode. It's amazing that 7 people still remains and it's already getting close to 40 days. Alan won first season with only 49 days. So this year contestants are doing much better.

Oh ship! I forgot about this show. Forgot about it's existence. Haven't been keeping up. How funny. Does that mean I got so bored with it after all? Well ok, guess I know what I'm gonna be watching for the next...however many days or episodes I missed. Man that's just so funny.
    The pessimist complains about the wind;
    The optimist expects it to change;
    The realist adjusts the sails.

- William Arthur Ward

Makery and Mischief

Ya its really cool how many people are still in it! The terrain seemed to be easier to move through then what the people of season two had to go through. But the temperature was I think colder then what they faced. They're just so vastly different location and circumstances I don't think there's anyway to make a fair comparison. Of course that doesn't stop me from doing so in my head all the time

I'm enjoying the show and your approach to things. Well done so far.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by kaze View Post
    I'm glad to see Greg is doing better in this episode. I'm really rooting for him. I hope he doesn't give up on trapping larger game. Greg and Fowler are the two I want to see go head to head at the end. Fowler traps are great but that pit-spike trap scares me. It's so hidden that if there is somebody else out there, they might step into it. I have notice Carleigh doesn't get a lot of screen time. They need to show more of what she has been doing. Overall, it is a great episode. Oh and Callie's fake phone call got me. lol
    My final 3 were Britt, Greg and Callie so when she starting dialing that sat phone I thought "man, did I guess wrong!". Seems hard to imagine anyone outlasting her now, and I mean no offense Zach (BTW, don't they realize you have a first name?). Although flighty people are hard to predict, and she is certainly that. Half the time when Callie opens her mouth I have no idea what she's saying. I know the words, in a general sense, but have never heard them used in the combinations she puts together.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachary Fowler View Post
    Carleigh's shelter was awesome that stonework for her fireplace was so tight you couldn't fit a hair between those rocks.
    A rake? A rake!? Dude, you're able to build stuff I never could...